Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1550 views

Description

Anyone unable to join a friends game? I am USA friend is EU. I switched client to EU, still didn't work.

Friend joined a public lobby game, I still couldn't join him that way. It's super bizarre curious if we are alone right now seeing this issue.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Anyone unable to join a friends game? I am USA friend is EU. I switched client to EU, still didn't work.

Friend joined a public lobby game, I still couldn't join him that way. It's super bizarre curious if we are alone right now seeing this issue.
Maybe he turned off the joining from friends list option?
Can you do it the other way around?

All my trades are Non Ladder.
Usually available between 7 and 11 pm during the week (UTC+02:00 time) and most of the day on weekends.

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems

ShadowHeart 1865Moderator

Europe PC
The game creator needs to have Friend List Joining enabled at the time of the game creation. If you joined a public game you wouldn't know what the game creator had it set to (well, not being able to friend list join it would tell you that he/she had it off). Your own setting for Friend List Joining doesn't matter when you join a game that someone else created, so you can't join a game and then have your friends hop in if the original game creator had it off. You can invite your friends though and have them join that way.

For non-lobby games, it is set here: For lobby games, it is set here: You can only friend list join a game of someone that is online (or rather, not offline).

I have been relying heavily on friend list joining (and invites) when holding my giveaways.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 6 months ago
You can only friend list join a game of someone that is online (or rather, not offline).
I do believe even if the friend is online but has their bnet status set as "Appear Offline" you cannot friend join either. BUT that could just be an xbox live thing too...I can't remember now

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP
Thanks for all replies, we validated the settings are correct, troubleshooting from different bnet regions currently.

ShadowHeart 1865Moderator

Europe PC
Knappogue wrote: 6 months ago
I do believe even if the friend is online but has their bnet status set as "Appear Offline" you cannot friend join either.
Yes, "Appear Offline" works the same way as actually offline. There would be little purpose to "Appear Offline" if you could sniff out someone's actual status and know if they're sneakily playing D2R by checking if Friend List Joining was possible ;) I should have worded that part of my post better, I did mean that you can only join games of someone who is not set to "Appear Offline".

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Okay I figured out the issue, and of course it's my fault and I feel dumb. I created an NL trade and tried to trade on L. The client won't give you an intelligent error message, it just says 'Failed to Join Game' or goes Black and back to lobby. I guess a warning for folks out there. Doh.
ghostpos wrote: 6 months ago
Thanks for all replies, we validated the settings are correct, troubleshooting from different bnet regions currently.
Ah, one more thing. At one point I experienced troubles joining while everything was in order. Turned out that was a bug from Blizz and the only way to get rid of it was to restart the game, including Bnet App. Everything was fine afterwards. It happened several times in a month.

Usually available between 7 and 11 pm during the week (UTC+02:00 time) and most of the day on weekends.

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
ghostpos wrote: 6 months ago
Okay I figured out the issue, and of course it's my fault and I feel dumb. I created an NL trade and tried to trade on L. The client won't give you an intelligent error message, it just says 'Failed to Join Game' or goes Black and back to lobby. I guess a warning for folks out there. Doh.
Ah, the classic Black screen. I think all of us had that moment of brightness at some point. ^^

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
SnowSnow wrote: 6 months ago
Ah, one more thing. At one point I experienced troubles joining while everything was in order. Turned out that was a bug from Blizz and the only way to get rid of it was to restart the game, including Bnet App. Everything was fine afterwards. It happened several times in a month.
I have the same issue.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...