Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   2367 views

Description

Finally got this amazing
Diadem
from a trade, now I must ask you all, what do you socket this with? I was thinking lightning facet, which of course I don't have, but what else? Thanks in advance.

Edit: totally forgot to mention this is for either a light sorc or java.
Description by vectorViridian

Can be used to make Runewords:

Finally got this amazing
Diadem
from a trade, now I must ask you all, what do you socket this with? I was thinking lightning facet, which of course I don't have, but what else? Thanks in advance.

3maek / 15ias jewel is a good alternative for javazons

mhlg 840

Americas PC
vectorViridian wrote: 6 months ago
Finally got this amazing
Diadem

I would trade for a lightning facet either level up or Death. A 4/5 or a 5/4 can be gotten for an
Ist

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

ShadowHeart 1751Moderator

Europe PC
Note that if you're playing Lightning Sorceress, you can pretty much ignore the +% Lightning Skill damage part of any Rainbow Facet. Why? Because the +% damage works additively with your
Lightning Mastery
. A level 30
Lightning Mastery
already has +410% Lightning Damage, so adding a 3/-5 facet brings your total up to +413% while a 5/-5 would bring it to +415%. I can promise you that you won't notice the difference between +413 and +415. The difference is smaller (relatively) the higher your
Lightning Mastery
level. A 3/-5 (or even a 4/-5) is much cheaper to trade for. I wouldn't skimp on the -5 part though, you want as much of that as possible from your equipment. Not that +/- 1% is really going to make a huge difference in the end, but if you're already accepting <5 on the +% damage part you may as well go for -5. But of course a 5/-5 is optimal, if one is lucky enough to find one or can afford it :)

The +% damage part of facets is more impactful for an Amazon, who doesn't have
Lightning Mastery

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
mhlg wrote: 6 months ago
vectorViridian wrote: 6 months ago
Finally got this amazing
Diadem

I would trade for a lightning facet either level up or Death. A 4/5 or a 5/4 can be gotten for an
Ist
My previous post was focused on a Java build, which is expensive even using lesser items. It's a build that I've successfully done using a low -15/14 Griffon's and a 4/-5 (-5 resist) lighting facet which gives me -20 enemy lightning resistance, and a 71% Crack of Heavens. I had a 70% Crack of Heavens which I traded as an easier sale because the 1% makes no functional difference. Now admittedly I also have an Infinity on my merc which adds level 12
Conviction
to the mix. A lot people suggests a
Thunderstroke
over a Titan's because it adds another -15% To Enemy Lightning Resistance, but with my build I found the
Thunderstroke
to be less effective and even annoying because of the constant need for repair and it's -15% to resist doesn't functionally add anything. The upped
Eth
Titan's I have (also not a perfect roll) does far more damage, has a much larger stack, and is self-replenishing. Running TZ
Chaos Sanctuary
the Titan's stack has never once gone below 110, and killing Diablo takes only two jabs. So yes, even though I can afford the best, if I can make a lesser work functionally as well, then I will gladly save on a trade and settle for a lesser roll on some items as long as the result fits the overall build.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Here's a quick Javazon
Chaos Sanctuary
run. Instead of capturing all the background I decided to try a more upfront and in your face recording instead.

OP
Excellent answers, thank you. I'm becoming aware that the minus to enemy lightning res is much more important than any plus to lightning damage, especially for sorcs using
Lightning Mastery
. I have so many
Crack of the Heavens
charms, so that is at least no issue. I believe I'll try to get a 5/5 facet but if not, at least 3/5 or 4/5. I have several
Thunderstroke
javs and
Titan's Revenge
as well. I'll be trying to test those out to see which one works best. For the sorc, my
Griffon's Eye
is only +11% lightning damage, but it's -20% enemy lightning res, which is more important. Thanks for the video, very cool stuff. I'm curious as to what rune word/item gives you the
Redemption
aura.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
The
Redemption
aura is from a shield with the Phoenix runeword. Until you have all the items you need a Thuderstroke is a good way to get started with a Lightning Java build because it does provide -15% to enemy lightning resist. Once you get enough other items to break lightning immunity in my view it becomes less important. As a
Matriarchal Javelin
, the
Thunderstroke
is already in its elite form whereas a Titan's is a
Ceremonial Javelin
, and can be upgraded to a
Matriarchal Javelin
which will increase its damage. So yes it's a good idea to play with both, especially if you need the -15% offered by a
Thunderstroke
. The reason I've chosen the Titans instead is the Thunder stroke is because it self-replenishes which means as an ethereal Titan's will never (break) run out of ammunition. Also as an ethereal the damage is already higher than its non-
Eth
form, and once it's upgraded the damage will increase even more. As stated my
Eth
Titan's isn't an especially good roll, in fact it's a low roll, but it still out paces my Thunderstrokes.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation