Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   3690 views

Description

Greetings,
I'm a bit confused about this build. My assassin is currently level 50 and I'm getting close to being able to use the Mosaic
Claws
I have. But I keep reading about the gear for this build, and some say to use stuff like
Magefist
or Trang's gloves, others say to use
Dracul's Grasp
or rare skiller gloves. They also say you can use Griffon's, G-Face, Flickering Flame, etc. What are you really going for with this build? I like to set my gear up so it's either melee or caster but this is confusing.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Greetings,
I'm a bit confused about this build. My assassin is currently level 50 and I'm getting close to being able to use the Mosaic
Claws
I have. But I keep reading about the gear for this build, and some say to use stuff like
Magefist
or Trang's gloves, others say to use
Dracul's Grasp
or rare skiller gloves. They also say you can use Griffon's, G-Face, Flickering Flame, etc. What are you really going for with this build? I like to set my gear up so it's either melee or caster but this is confusing.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Basically, Mosaic can do pretty much anything with the
Claws
and a pair of
Boots
with OK kick damage. :)

So you can set it up like you want.

For example, if you want to
Teleport
around the map with Enigma, that's all fine. Hence the need for FCR.

If you want to combine with traps, I think you can too. And may want Sunder (or not) + corresponding -res (Griffon, Flickering...).

You can also perfectly consider it as what it is "naturally", i.e. a melee build, do Ubers with it then Dracul's, Gore Riders are all fine.

Or maximize magic find with War Travs,
Goldwrap

Or... :)

You have several guides on Mosaic Sins, and many of them work quite well.

My advice would be : just try them with little investment (e.g. a few cheap facet jewels instead of a Griffon, less effective but gives an idea), then choose the path you prefer.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
The reason for FCR on Mosaic assassins is not that she's a caster per se, but when you use Enigma you want to reach a decent FCR breakpoint for
Teleport
(at least 65 FCR, I'd say, the but higher breakpoints may require a lot of gear sacrifices) and it's for mobility reasons. Simply put - it's annoying to
Teleport
with low FCR, and might even be faster to instead just run around with BoS.

You can do fine without Enigma, and without Enigma you don't really need any/much FCR. The thing with Mosaic is that you want to always keep your charges up, if you lose them you need to start charging up all over again. Having Enigma and high FCR makes this a lot easier and less stressful because you can get around much faster, as long as you have decent FCR.

I've played Mosaic without Enigma and it works fine, but I felt a lot less stressed about charges once I got my Enigma. I encourage you to try out various gear combinations to see how it feels, and make your own call what works for you :)

There is no need for a sunder charm nor any of the -res gear, you'll be doing multi-elemental damage anyway as Mosaic and plenty of it too. Still, it might be more efficient with a sunder and -res gear, I haven't actually tried - I played the entire season 3 as a Mosaic assassin without a sunder charm and no -res gear. I did however eventually get an Infinity for my merc, that was really nice. He's always close to you when you
Teleport
around (even without Enigma, you'll be using
Dragon Flight
to get up close and personal with enemies and that brings the merc along too).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
I'm curious:

What brings more bang
Shadow Dancer
or upped Gores?

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
Hi i tryed fire Mosaic build with double Flickering Flame + fire sunder and
Laying of Hands
and it working very well and its not so expensive like the lightning way. You dont even need Enigma only
Dragon Flight
+
Burst of Speed
and you just blink and wipe the map. Also you dont need
Boots
with max kick damage. Just use
Natalya's Soul
Boots

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
I use gear on my MosaicSin^:

1. dual Mosaic;
Crown of Ages
15 dr, with 2
Ber
;
Mara's Kaleidoscope
2/30 (20+ still good no need to bother over 30);
Stone of Jordan
;
Raven Frost
for no frozen;
6. 2/20 gloves with any modes (20 ias its not so important) more important +2 skill and nice automods
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
15 dr 37 vita (near perfect)
8. Enigma
Shadow Dancer

10. MA skillers

on swap CTA +
Monarch

Game play: boost charges with
Burst of Speed
, change
Burst of Speed
to
Fade
- to get max 75% all res and 68% damage reduce, kill all...

the only question that torments me is whether DR is working when it came out 50% ?

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
Bass wrote: 6 months ago
the only question that torments me is whether DR is working when it came out 50% ?
DR is still capped at 50% as far as I know.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Bass 76

ShadowHeart wrote: 6 months ago
Bass wrote: 6 months ago
DR is still capped at 50% as far as I know.
accordingly, it is necessary to remove 2
Ber
from
Crown of Ages
and put 1
Ber
Cham
and change
Raven Frost
to
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
or 2
Stone of Jordan
, or a less expensive option to change
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
to
Arachnid Mesh

I find it mandatory to do 50+% DR and 75% all res, 3 by value I would choose FCR.

you can of course put
Cham
+
Ber
on
Crown of Ages
, free 1 ring slot - put 1 10 FCR ring and change
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
to
Arachnid Mesh
and get 27% - 13 frames break point .... but these are all details ....
less expensive option to get 50+% DR:
Harlequin Crest
with
Cham
(10) +
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
(15) +
Fade
(with + skills 20%) = 45

I do not pretend to be 100% objective)) " I'm an artist, that's how I see it "

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
DR works similar as resistance.
DR is capped at 50% but curses can reduce your Physical Resistance so having more than 50% DR is not a bad ideal.

Relax and have fun!

Bass 76

mockingbirdreal wrote: 6 months ago
DR works similar as resistance.
DR is capped at 50% but curses can reduce your Physical Resistance so having more than 50% DR is not a bad ideal.
yup and need dont forget good
Fade
option reduce curse duration to 82% on 20 lvl - passive
Cleansing
aura - in my case , i put on
Fade
1 hard point couse have enough DR from CoA the rest of the free points I invest
Shadow Master

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
OP
Very interesting information. I didn't know DR was capped at 50%. I tend to want to build this character like a melee character because to me they are more melee focused. If the sole reason for FCR is teleporting with Enigma, my first inclination is to ignore this because I want to focus on attack power. However, I want to test this out and see how it goes. I have most of the gear mentioned here, but I'd much rather use something like
Dracul's Grasp
or
Laying of Hands
versus
Magefist
or Trang's gloves. At this stage I do find my survivability to be quite terrible, but I'm not using the Mosaic
Claws
yet (Bartuc's with
Tiamat's Rebuke
). I think I'll go for 50% DR and 75% res all and
Sacrifice
some damage or other stats.
OP
Ok so I'm now using the Mosaic
Claws
and Enigma and this is the most broken, over-powered thing I've ever experienced in this game, easily. You don't even need to keep your charges up as it takes 2 sec to get them back by just slapping an enemy 1-3x with your
Claws
. I'm going full damage, no FCR. I've gone from level 60-66 in the blink of an eye. I find having at least 30% DR does help quite a lot. Thanks to all for the advice and help.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
The thing that is most at risk when playing Mosaic is not your character but your video card !

XD

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Elvir 19

Europe PC
Necrarch wrote: 6 months ago
The thing that is most at risk when playing Mosaic is not your character but your video card !

XD
I play Mosaic from M1 Pro Macbook via Crossover and Wine and works fine ) Even fans usually don't turn on )
I haven't tested the game mode and game porting tool on Mac OS Sonoma yet. Going update to Sonoma and try next week
[/quote]

I play Mosaic from M1 Pro Macbook via Crossover and Wine and works fine ) Even fans usually don't turn on )
I haven't tested the game mode and game porting tool on Mac OS Sonoma yet. Going update to Sonoma and try next week
[/quote]

did u use an online guide to get it working? atm i use bootcamp
(srry 4 the thread hijack)

Elvir 19

Europe PC
krathkor wrote: 6 months ago
[/quote]

did u use an online guide to get it working? atm i use bootcamp
(srry 4 the thread hijack)
[/quote]

Bootcamp is available only on Intel-based Mac.
For arm-based Mac you have to either use Crossover (https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover) or update to the latest Mac OS Sonoma and try the Game Porting Toolkit https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/Ga ... ng_Toolkit (a lib for developers to test Windows games under Mac)
As for Crossover, all will work out of the box and you don't need any guide.
The Crossover team already pre-configured Diablo 2R and Diablo 4 in the games list. You need only click to install and that's all )
OP
Currently running this setup:

Shako

Mara's
2x Mosaic
Claws

Enigma (
Dusk Shroud
)
Nosferatu's Coil

Laying of Hands

Stone of Jordan

Raven Frost

Shadow Dancer

This works very well so far. I'm still very squishy and need more res. I'm looking to put on
Crown of Ages
with an
Um
at 82. I just need to find an
Um
....easier said than done sometimes. The mobility and killing power is almost unmatched for PvE. Just don't make the mistake like I did last night of staying in the combat zone when a level 90 sorc hostiles you....

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...