Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   3157 views

Description

On an elite item's page, the Max sockets by iLvl widget mentions that the item "will never spawn within the marked iLvl ranges, unless cubed to iLvl 1".
I think the recipe to upgrade a low quality/cracked/damaged item is the only way to set the iLvl of an item to 1, right?

But this widget often also has a second iLvl range that cannot spawn due to qLvl. For instance the
Colossus Voulge
has 4 sockets max at iLvl 26-40, but a qLvl of 64 so its iLvl is always higher than that. Is there a way to reach this second iLvl range with CV ?

There is this recipe for rare items: Low Quality Rare Item of Same Type. I read that it "slowly downgrades" the iLvl of the item each time. I'm curious how low it reaches. But then it's for rares, so it's not interesting for sockets.

I would be curious of any ways to manipulate the iLvl, if one of you knowledgeable players would want to share.

Can be used to make Runewords:

On an elite item's page, the Max sockets by iLvl widget mentions that the item "will never spawn within the marked iLvl ranges, unless cubed to iLvl 1".
I think the recipe to upgrade a low quality/cracked/damaged item is the only way to set the iLvl of an item to 1, right?

But this widget often also has a second iLvl range that cannot spawn due to qLvl. For instance the
Colossus Voulge
has 4 sockets max at iLvl 26-40, but a qLvl of 64 so its iLvl is always higher than that. Is there a way to reach this second iLvl range with CV ?

There is this recipe for rare items: Low Quality Rare Item of Same Type. I read that it "slowly downgrades" the iLvl of the item each time. I'm curious how low it reaches. But then it's for rares, so it's not interesting for sockets.

I would be curious of any ways to manipulate the iLvl, if one of you knowledgeable players would want to share.
Answeredby Adveloq6 months agoGo to post
renard wrote: 11 months ago
Correct. With the below exception.
But this widget often also has a second iLvl range that cannot spawn due to qLvl. For instance the Colossus Voulge has 4 sockets max at iLvl 26-40, but a qLvl of 64 so its iLvl is always higher than that.
Yes and no.
The ilvl of an item is set by the entity that drops the item; the qlvl of the basic item determines the items treasure class.
CV belongs to treasure class 66 (specifically weap66), which at its lowest can be dropped by the class "Act 1 (H) Melee B", which is lvl 68.
Thus a freshly spawned Colossus Voulge can have an absolute minimum ilvl of 68, not 64.
Is there a way to reach this second iLvl range with CV ?
Not in the way you want. Not with a white or grey item. Sadly.
There is this recipe for rare items: Low Quality Rare Item of Same Type. I read that it "slowly downgrades" the iLvl of the item each time. I'm curious how low it reaches. But then it's for rares, so it's not interesting for sockets

I just finished writing a comment to that article, Recipe: Low Quality Rare Item of Same Type, which in turn is what brought me to this thread through the "related" links. Copying part of what I wrote below.
The resulting item of this recipe, after multiple rerolls, will always have an item level approaching 2/3'rds of the characters level.
With some exceptions, it takes around 3 to 4 rerolls. Your example would be an exception. It is possible, technically, to make an ilvl 99 item ilvl 1 by using five rerolls with a clvl 1 character.
This follows the formula ilvl = [ilvl*0,4]+[clvl*0,4].
Additionally:
Adveloq wrote:
Thus, it isn't technically a recipe that lowers the ilvl of the item, it can actually raise it. A lvl 99 character rerolling an ilvl 9 rare item will eventually raise it to ilvl ~66.
renard wrote: 11 months ago
Correct. With the below exception.
Colossus Voulge
has 4 sockets max at iLvl 26-40, but a qLvl of 64 so its iLvl is always higher than that.
Yes and no.
The ilvl of an item is set by the entity that drops the item; the qlvl of the basic item determines the items treasure class.
CV belongs to treasure class 66 (specifically weap66), which at its lowest can be dropped by the class "Act 1 (H) Melee B", which is lvl 68.
Thus a freshly spawned
Colossus Voulge
can have an absolute minimum ilvl of 68, not 64.
Is there a way to reach this second iLvl range with CV ?
Not in the way you want. Not with a White or grey item. Sadly.
There is this recipe for rare items: Low Quality Rare Item of Same Type. I read that it "slowly downgrades" the iLvl of the item each time. I'm curious how low it reaches. But then it's for rares, so it's not interesting for sockets

I just finished writing a comment to that article,
Recipe: Low Quality Rare Item of Same Type
, which in turn is what brought me to this thread through the "related" links. Copying part of what I wrote below.
The resulting item of this recipe, after multiple rerolls, will always have an item level approaching 2/3'rds of the characters level.
With some exceptions, it takes around 3 to 4 rerolls. Your example would be an exception. It is possible, technically, to make an ilvl 99 item ilvl 1 by using five rerolls with a clvl 1 character.
This follows the formula ilvl = [ilvl*0,4]+[clvl*0,4].
Additionally:
Adveloq wrote:
Thus, it isn't technically a recipe that lowers the ilvl of the item, it can actually raise it. A lvl 99 character rerolling an ilvl 9 rare item will eventually raise it to ilvl ~66.
This post was marked as the best answer.
OP
Thank you for this great and detailed explanation :)
renard wrote: 6 months ago
Thank you for this great and detailed explanation :)
You are very welcome. I am just glad noone has complained yet about me necroing a few threads. I want to do it more, but am holding back.

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
Adveloq wrote: 6 months ago
You are very welcome. I am just glad noone has complained yet about me necroing a few threads. I want to do it more, but am holding back.
Well, in this case, you add a great answer and explanation to a question that somehow went unanswered for several months, I think that falls under "OK to necro" :P

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...