Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
25 replies   1890 views

Description

Description by flamebellow

Can be used to make Runewords:

Necrarch wrote: 7 months ago
That's sad but true, they just forgot to include end game content.

Up to level 60, it's fun. Not the greatest game of all times for sure, but fun. Campaign, side quests, strongholds... there are lots to do.

But then... what do you do ? Redo everything again and again ?
100% its fun until level 50-60 and if they kept it there and halved the price it would be ok everything else is just bloat really.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.

Schnorki 3200Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 7 months ago
Bass wrote: 7 months ago
...the resurrection of d2 was your real finest hour
And D2R wasn't even made by Blizzard themselves technically, it was made by Vicarious Visions which was an Activision studio but not part of Blizzard itself while they were making D2R (they were merged into Blizzard in 2021).
Aka the people who brought you Barbie: Magic Genie Adventure.
..not a reference you'd expect to lead to a quality remake of D2.

The single best decision they made with D2:R was not to actually remake it but to merely make the old stuff work as is and replace only those pieces they had to (b.net code and whatnot) and throw in updated graphics.
I guarantee you if they had actually tried for a proper full remake (i.e. rebuilding the whole thing "in Spirit" with proper new code), they would've managed to deviate far enough to also f that one up.

Edit:
Turns out they also did the later (bad) verions of guitar hero and now D4 of course. Also neither of which would've given you any hope for a good D2:R.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Necrarch wrote: 7 months ago
But then... what do you do ? Redo everything again and again ?
isn't it what we do on D2?
there are games you play it once, or even let's say movies, you see them once and that's it.
and then there are films and games you can do it much more than once.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
I bought D3. They didn't fool me again this time.
I was actually having a lot of fun with my lvl 100 non-season barb up until the 7/18 mega nerf. Then my char got so gimped, I couldn't do half the stuff I could before and felt like going from a sports car to a mini van. From 50 mil crits, to 5 mil, at best. Was so close to an Uber
Lilith
kill, but after the nerf it was completely out of the question. Spent weeks learning the fight and tweaking my build, only for the rug to be pulled right out from under me when I could see the finish line.. The ultimate form of gamer blue balls.

There was so much backlash, metacritic ratings went from an 8 to a 2 in a matter of days, and Blizz even said they'd roll back the changes, but they never did. Char still nerfed to shit after the "fix" and honestly felt betrayed, like a bait and switch scam. If they hadn't nerfed the hell out of everything, I might've felt like I got my money's worth at some point, but the way things went down, I'll probably never purchase another Blizzard game again. They really couldn't have screwed it up much worse, IMO.

Some other notable D4 fuckups worthy of mention:

-Super uniques dropping from Helltide at an unintended high rate for about ~8 hours after a bugged patch. Around 150 people got one during that time, and no rollback. FOMO hell for everyone who didn't get one. I was playing at the time, but not running Helltide and missed my chance at a
Shako
-Gold dupe within first few months of launch. Trading was disabled for a good week or so while they scrambled to fix it. Heard a couple people got banned, but again, no rollback of any sort. Damage had been done and trillions of gold now floating around.
-Item stat reroll choices repeating over and over at enchanter. I spent around 100mil gold trying to reroll my best item, but kept getting 7% attack speed as an option, over and over again. Bricked the item and wasted most my gold. Saw it was fixed in a patch about a week later. Too little, too late.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
These games are loot simulators, but they forgot to make their loot system any good hah. It's lacking substance. I came back to D2R after D4 Season 1 and enjoy it and play it way more..

Perfect Amethyst
equivalent will be accepted for all trades.
Feel free to add me for trades

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation