Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   841 views

Description

So, I’d like a little input from the community on y’alls preferences for
Frenzy
barbarian dual wield weapons. Additionally I’d also appreciate if folks would mention their favorite merc. Looking for some general input and expansion to the conversation would be great.

I’m currently rocking a 40/400 Grief PB, full time, main hand, but my second sword swaps between many options and I’ve yet to find my favorite combination. They all seem to offer something a little different, from CB to high magic damage/undead killer.

Few things about my character, I swap between Enigma and Fortitude on occasion, it just depends on what I’m doing and how I’m wanting to play. I also do not currently use a
Bone Break
on this character, maybe I should?
Berserk
works fine but can leave me vulnerable. And as far as merc, I’m currently using an act 1 Faith lvl15
Fanaticism
merc but considering swapping to a dual wield Last Wish act 5 merc (currently using that with my Fury Druid and it’s working great). Lastly, I can prebuff with
Demon Limb
for lvl 23
Enchant
, so AR is not really an issue with any weapons it seems.

So again, main hand, I always have my 40/400 Grief equipped, but 2nd hand, these are my options:

1) 40/393 Grief (Great damage but not my favorite, maybe it should be but I like a little diversity)
2) 268ed/13 Sanctuary
Azurewrath
w/
Shael
(Great for any undead or physical immune, but the knock back against undead is annoying)
3) 359ed/70 Last Wish PB (Love the
Life Tap
proc and CB especially on bosses. But overall, even with the Might aura, it just doesn’t kill as fast as I’d like against pack mobs. Great survivability)
4) 381ed eBotD CB (All around great option, good survivability and good damage)
5) 373ed eDeath CS (Just rolled it, was concerned about the attack speed but that doesn’t seem to matter. Very good sword)
6) 286ed
Fleshripper
w/
Shael
(Surprisingly fun option, way more powerful than the base damage reads)

So thoughts, recommendations, and what does your
Frenzy
Barbarian look like?
Description by Justin

Can be used to make Runewords:

So, I’d like a little input from the community on y’alls preferences for
Frenzy
barbarian dual wield weapons. Additionally I’d also appreciate if folks would mention their favorite merc. Looking for some general input and expansion to the conversation would be great.

I’m currently rocking a 40/400 Grief PB, full time, main hand, but my second sword swaps between many options and I’ve yet to find my favorite combination. They all seem to offer something a little different, from CB to high magic damage/undead killer.

Few things about my character, I swap between Enigma and Fortitude on occasion, it just depends on what I’m doing and how I’m wanting to play. I also do not currently use a
Bone Break
on this character, maybe I should?
Berserk
works fine but can leave me vulnerable. And as far as merc, I’m currently using an act 1 Faith lvl15
Fanaticism
merc but considering swapping to a dual wield Last Wish act 5 merc (currently using that with my Fury Druid and it’s working great). Lastly, I can prebuff with
Demon Limb
for lvl 23
Enchant
, so AR is not really an issue with any weapons it seems.

So again, main hand, I always have my 40/400 Grief equipped, but 2nd hand, these are my options:

1) 40/393 Grief (Great damage but not my favorite, maybe it should be but I like a little diversity)
2) 268ed/13 Sanctuary
Azurewrath
w/
Shael
(Great for any undead or physical immune, but the knock back against undead is annoying)
3) 359ed/70 Last Wish PB (Love the
Life Tap
proc and CB especially on bosses. But overall, even with the Might aura, it just doesn’t kill as fast as I’d like against pack mobs. Great survivability)
4) 381ed eBotD CB (All around great option, good survivability and good damage)
5) 373ed eDeath CS (Just rolled it, was concerned about the attack speed but that doesn’t seem to matter. Very good sword)
6) 286ed
Fleshripper
w/
Shael
(Surprisingly fun option, way more powerful than the base damage reads)

So thoughts, recommendations, and what does your
Frenzy
Barbarian look like?

ALWAYS open to other offers if you feel I’m asking for too much or if you do not have exactly what I am looking for.

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
I recently conducted a similar survey, you can find it here:

forums/combo-weapon-for-frenzy-barb-t1424608.html

My tiers list (main / offmain):
1. Last Wish + Beast (
Berserker Axe
)
2. Last Wish + Grief (sword on
Phase Blade
)
3. Death + Grief (on
Colossus Blade
)
4. Beast + Doom (on
Berserker Axe
)

as for Mark, I am satisfied with the Arab with Pride and Defense aura

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Grief in
Zweihander
base, looks good and is quite fast, coupled with
Colossus Sword
Eth
/
Colossus Blade
with Death/Last Wish
forget ugly blue sticks, make your barb look badass with appropriate big swords

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
you don't need
Shael
in any off hand weapon. if your faster weapon is on main hand, 2nd weapon does not contribute to
Frenzy
breakpoints.

+1 for
Zweihander
, handsomest
Blade
4 a barb...
2x Grief is always the best IMO when I test out different options.

And for merc, hard to beat A5 merc with 2x Last Wish (Lvl 34 Might aura + Lifetap FTW), Chains of Honor and
Helm
of your choice (I like
Stealskull
to help hit a few breakpoints + 50% MF, but GFace might be better if you don't care about the MF).

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Takro 13

Europe PC
I really like Grief for damage and Lawbringer for the
Decrepify
. Extra 50% damage and it makes it much safer in HC
OP
I appreciate the input. Looks like Bass’s thread was asking virtually the same question as I. Thanks for linking that. And thank you for the information regarding IAS on off-hand weapons. I feel like I read that somewhere but didn’t believe the source.

I’m liking my newly rolled eDeath CS, probably my favorite off-hand sword at the moment. I know that dual Grief is “best” but it’s just not my favorite.

And certainly wanting to switch to A5 merc, at least try it. I will probably need to equip Enigma exclusively to position him, versus my A1 merc who can just tag-along and still do ranged attacks. I see that you’ve recommended CoH over Fortitude on a merc and you use
Stealskull
/GFace over Andy’s? Interesting. I do like
Stealskull
but most all my of my merc’s use Fortitude/Andy’s. That’s just my preference. With A5 Merc I use Arreat’s Face.

ALWAYS open to other offers if you feel I’m asking for too much or if you do not have exactly what I am looking for.
This worked for me the most situation (with WW and of course
Berserk
for single attack):

2. Last Wish + Grief (sword on
Phase Blade
)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation