I'm looking for some pro advise. I have everything for Enigma except for a
Jah
. I have everything for Infinity except for the second
Ber

In hopes that a
Ber
or
Jah
is in my near future, which should be a priority. I have never crafted either of them before. I have a 4os
Giant Thresher
or a 4os Sup
Thresher
, neither are ethereal. I currently don't have a base for Enigma, but that'll give me a reason to search for sweet bases.

Any advise ya'll have on which is a better priority.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm looking for some pro advise. I have everything for Enigma except for a
Jah
. I have everything for Infinity except for the second
Ber

In hopes that a
Ber
or
Jah
is in my near future, which should be a priority. I have never crafted either of them before. I have a 4os
Giant Thresher
or a 4os Sup
Thresher
, neither are ethereal. I currently don't have a base for Enigma, but that'll give me a reason to search for sweet bases.

Any advise ya'll have on which is a better priority.
What class are these for? Infinity for you or the merc?

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
OP
azeroti wrote: 7 months ago
What class are these for? Infinity for you or the merc?

Infinity would be for merc.
Enigma is a build enabler for multiple classes, whereas Infinity is mainly for Sorceress and Amazon.

The choice is highly dependent on your class, playstyle and other gear.

Can trade on PC and PlayStation.

Necrarch 1611Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
In any case, for such expensive runewords, ensure to have the proper base to pull them in.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

TheDoo 216

Europe PC
Enigma => farmer gear
Infinity => end game gear

• With introduction of Sunder Charms (which are easily obtainable in abundance) even the Infinity lost it's grand value, it's not necessary anymore for most builds. They still both help, yes, but usefulness falls off drastically depending on your play style and chosen build and/or budget.
  • Off-meta builds/hybrids really don't care much about any of those 2.
  • On the other hand, there are still BIS items that are way cheaper and far more valuable to get/have on all characters/classes/builds [nearly] equally like, for example,
    Raven Frost
    or
    Magefist
    -- which are very low cost items but still high value ones. Or even something basic and simple to make yourself as Spirit... :)

About actually answering your dilemma:
Depends what you are looking for -- if you love and enjoy grinding over and over and over again daily until your eyes pop out of your
Skull
and beyond that point, for the sake of doing just that or to collect even more (and better) HRs, then Enigma would speed things up. If you want to make a single end geared build and see how it performs (with an opportunity to always be able to transfer it to some other merc on some other build) then you are probably want to go for Infinity first.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
I'm playing since two or three weeks, got the chance to borrow an eni of a buddy, made hammerdin, farmed until I could afford my own Eni 3 or 4 days later and now I'm in the process of gearing my FanaZeal, the character I really want to play.

With that said, Forti and Grief are already done and currently I'm only in search for a torch (god those are expensive). And I have a whole lot of things I could trade or use for more characters (the basics, bases for runewords, 2 Harles, one mara, ravens, viper etc...)

What I want to say with this is. That getting an eni now enables you getting more gear for more characters faster. And I'm not an Eni fanboy, this is pure pragmatism.

Also, you have sunder charms now, they fill in for the Infinity perfectly while you can't replace Enigma for farming

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
Depending on which character, say:
1. For hammerdin I would do Enigma
2. For full fire druid I would do Infinity
3. For Javazon I would certainly have done it earlier Infinity, Now I would do Enigma, it's just that when you change Insight to Infinity you immediately have problems with mana, which in the future can only be removed with the help of the rune word Phoenix. therefore, Amazon with Enigma and with merck with Insight (mana) than with Infinity but without mana and without
Teleport
4. For
Zeal
or Dualdream enough
Charge
, but they don't need infiniti either
5. For FoH paladin - Enigma
6. For GF Barb - Enigma (another
Frenzy
or ww or throw i make Fortitude)
7. For PitBarb - Enigma (another
Frenzy
or ww or throw i make Fortitude)
8. For trapsin - Infinity
9. For BoneNecro - Enigma
10. For Summoner necro - Enigma (for best control pet's)
11. For druid summoner - Enigma (for best control pet's)

in general, if in the near future I would plan to pump either Ele full fire druid, or AssaTrapsin, BoneNecro i would make Infinity on 4 os
Eth
Thresher
(standart)

in other cases Enigma on 3 soc
Mage Plate

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

ShadowHeart 1762Moderator

Europe PC
Bass wrote: 7 months ago
8. For trapsin - Infinity
Counterpoint - I mained a Trapsin this current ladder season and I made an Enigma ASAP to speed up farming (didn't play a sorc at all for once), don't use or feel like I needed an Infinity at all.
Crack of the Heavens
+
Griffon's Eye
+ Crescent Moon is enough (for me, playing at P3, at least). I don't regret picking Enigma over Infinity one bit. The utility with faster travelling and easier positioning outweighs the damage boost IMO, but I suppose it does matter how you play your Trapsin (and/or for what you use her for - she was my main farming character). Plus, by still using an Insight (and CtA) I can
Teleport
around freely without using any mana pots :P Self-wielded Infinity could be interesting though, I suppose... is that a thing for Trapsins even? lol

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Nosgothy wrote: 7 months ago
Enigma is a build enabler for multiple classes, whereas Infinity is mainly for Sorceress and Amazon.

The choice is highly dependent on your class, playstyle and other gear.
That is not true. Infini for Merc is very usefull almost everywhere - java, tesla, Dragon, elemental druid, summoner, soso... etc. Lowering res and defence.
I made Enigma months ago and never found a
Ber
since xD But yeah, it was a game changer. If you play Javazon, make Infinity. If you play Hammerdin, make Enigma. Also unless you're min/maxing I'd say the base for Eni is not so important. At least the def is not. I'd rather be able to equip a low strength character with it than maxing the def. But I'm no pro.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...