Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   11572 views

Description

I'm nearing lvl 75(
Frozen Orb
-mana shield sorc), itching to play with my cold sunder(pretty crappy 73), i don't think i be using it all along?
seems waste of defense to put on, unless i got them cold immunes on me- in which i
Teleport
to put the charm.

whatcha do in such cases?

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I'm nearing lvl 75(
Frozen Orb
-mana shield sorc), itching to play with my cold sunder(pretty crappy 73), i don't think i be using it all along?
seems waste of defense to put on, unless i got them cold immunes on me- in which i
Teleport
to put the charm.

whatcha do in such cases?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
On my side, I wear it all the time and have enough compensating charms to still be at 75. Too annoying to swap.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
The time it takes to swap after you notice your random target champ pack ended up spawning immune costs you way more time than just sacrificing that one extra GC to use it full-time.

Gear switching in general is highly overrated imo. :)
rikus wrote: 7 months ago
do you put your sunders in your cube until use?

No.
As a matter of principle, I only use the weapon swap supported by the in-game hotkey ("W"). So no Treachery pre-buff and so on. When I use Sunder, I just live with that negative res.
I'm in the same boat as the others posting before me.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
yikes..
another question:

do you think cold absorbs are good defense too?
(I'm guessing on Xplayers=1)

like two
Raven
frosts and
Frostburn
? its like 60 or more absorption? and with ES of sorc..?
guess it depends on your gear

just asking about their effeciency when using sunders(the elemental absorption)

I'd never run multiple layers of absorption unless the specific gear was dual purpose somehow, but I don't like to swap gear at all so if I'm going absorption I'd go different elements like maybe
Dwarf Star
Thundergod's Vigor
, and
Raven Frost

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Absorb really shouldn't be necessary outside of potentially PvP or while severely under-geared against ubers or souls.

Soon as you get decent gear and your resistances up to the 75ish mark, no PvE content requires any form of absorb to easily plow through.
(Hardcore players may disagree for the added safety net I guess)

That having been said,
Raven Frost
is a brilliant ring for many a class/build..not because of the absorb though. :)
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 7 months ago
That having been said,
Raven Frost
is a brilliant ring for many a class/build..not because of the absorb though. :)
you mean because of the cannot be frozen? that's the only thing i see for a cold sorc..and small + for mana..

OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
phantomotap wrote: 7 months ago
'd never run multiple layers of absorption unless the specific gear was dual purpose somehow
in context of sunders..
I'm trying to get as much MF as i can..so 173 drop to cold res is ouch

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
That having been said,
Raven Frost
you mean because of the cannot be frozen? that's the only thing i see for a cold sorc..and small + for mana..
Usually very useful to any melee or physical. For casters, much less indeed.
As for cold res, it depends on what you use but between Spirit, possible
Tal
3 or 5, possible Trang Gloves, charms, Anni, torch... 175 is not that hard to reach without sacrificing that much mf.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
'd never run multiple layers of absorption unless the specific gear was dual purpose somehow
in context of sunders..
173 drop to cold res? Am I missing something important with sunders? I through the drop to res was the straight number on the charm?

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Knappogue wrote: 7 months ago
in context of sunders..
173 drop to cold res? Am I missing something important with sunders? I through the drop to res was the straight number on the charm?
I think they're just adding the -100% resistance penalty in hell

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Which with
Anya
quest only drops to -70, btw, so 140-ish to make up for. If Torch and Anni have 40 res, only 215 to go to reach 75.

Annihilus
do you put your sunders in your cube until use?
I do sometimes, depends on the character. For instance with my melee characters which are never that strong, when I want to be able to clear some physical immunes. Hotkey to open the cube and shift click, it's pretty fast although it can be annoying in the long run.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
That having been said,
Raven Frost
I wasn't talking about sorcs really. They also don't need the cannot be frozen, seeing how cast speeds aren't affected by being frozen.

The combination of CBF + massive AR + solid dex though is quite brilliant for many non-caster builds.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation