Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   1837 views

Description

Looking for advice on what to go for next.
Lvl 88 Blizzard/
Meteor
sorc

Harlequin Crest
(
Kira's Guardian
if I need more res)
Tal Rasha's Adjudication

Smoke
The Oculus

The Ward

Snowclash

Magefist

2x SoJ
Infernostride

Act2 Merc
Vampire Gaze

The Reaper's Toll

The Gladiator's Bane

I have a base for Obedience, but I like the LL in reaper. Or I can swap in Duress for the resists, open wounds and crushing blow...?
Description by daeron1151

Can be used to make Runewords:

Looking for advice on what to go for next.
Lvl 88 Blizzard/
Meteor
sorc

Harlequin Crest
(
Kira's Guardian
if I need more res)
Tal Rasha's Adjudication

Smoke
The Oculus

The Ward

Snowclash

Magefist

2x SoJ
Infernostride

Act2 Merc
Vampire Gaze

The Reaper's Toll

The Gladiator's Bane

I have a base for Obedience, but I like the LL in reaper. Or I can swap in Duress for the resists, open wounds and crushing blow...?
probably 35 FCR Spirit
Monarch
and an
Arachnid Mesh
(20 FCR) to reach the next FCR Breakpoint
daeron1151 wrote: 9 months ago
Lvl 88 Blizzard/
Meteor
sorc
Sunder charm (either fire or cold) and respec into a single element.
If you choose fire, gear with -enemy fire res would be welcome (Flickering Flame, Phoenix; maybe Hand of Justice).

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If you stay on Cold,
Tal
Belt
+
Tal
Armor are also a fine and cheap option + some cold facets.
Check your FCR for breakpoint, you may need to swap out one SoJ

+1 for the corresponding sunder and Spirit
Monarch

If you don't stay on fire
Infernostride
is not really useful to mitigate fire res, go War Travs for example if you want more MF, or Aldur's
Boots
can be a nice cheap option.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I would replace:

1. Smoke for Chains of Honor (or maybe an upped
Skin of the Vipermagi
);
Tal Rasha
's Amulet for Mara's (nice res bonus, maybe you won't need Kira's)
3. As Trangs sugested, i would grab a sunder charm and respec.
4. A Spirit shield will be better then
Ward
because of the Res, FCR and +skills combination. If you need a lot of res, maybe a Moser's with 2 perfect diamonds is a good alternative as well.
Magefist
is really nice, but if you're not a fire sorc, i would replace it with a trangs glove (same +20% FCR and some extra res).
6. If you're struggling with low res, maybe swap one of the SOJ for a 10% FCR rare ring with some res.
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
is not of much use unless you also use two other set parts, preferable the body armor and the
Belt
. Other option would be maras, as mentioned above, or a crafted amulet with fcr, allres and Sorc skills. FCR on
Meteor
/Orb Sorc is nice to have for casting
Teleport
faster. Hitting breakpoints with fcr has a huge impact on your gameplay imo, like it has on any other char using Enigma.

Another big
Leap
forward would be Infinity on Merc as well as Fortitude and
Andariel's Visage

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
If FCR is not your priority you could replace Smoke with Chains of Honor, I think it's the best armour for Sorc.

Ber
runes are cheap at this moment so it shouldn't be so difficult or time consuming.

Spirit
Monarch
is a must have, it's even cheaper.
Almost everything has already been said, but fire(ball) sorc is my fave so ... ^^

If you wish to stay on hybrid cold/fire, i'd advice against
The Ward
=> either change for Spirit, or if you really need resistance a nice Sanctuary (slighty better than moses)

With sunder, you should go for one element only ...
My choice would be fire ^^
In that case, you should (as someone already said before ^^) seek 105 FCR and -enemy fire resistance
- get both a Flickering Flame and a Phoenix shield
- get a
Skin of the Vipermagi
or Chains of Honor (depending on global balance FCR / all rs)
-
Arachnid Mesh

- Heart of the Oak (Phoenix weapon and Hand of Justice have neither FCR nor resistance ...)

Rest is balancing resistance / + level and faster cast rate
If you go for viperskin, hoto+mfist+arac+viperskin is enough and you can keep soj for example.

uuee 18

Europe PC
Full
Tal
is actually pretty decent for a blizzsorc.

Full
Tal

trang gloves (for the added cold res to compensate sunder)
spirit35
2xsoj (or bk if Insight merc)
whatever
Boots
you prefer (ideally 30FRW 10FHR 20+fireres 20+poires 20+mf)
Yes at this stage ( with current gear you have and the natural progression ) i would also advice going for Full
Tal Rasha
set .

You could only possibly substitute head for
Shako
but that's about it with this build.

Shield obviously Spirit, 2x Soj or 1 Soj, 1 ring with FCR and MF, Boots
War Traveler
( full tal set gives you an extra of +50 to all resist ). Gloves both
Magefist
and Trang's work, depends if your build is hybrid ( meteorb for example )

I would also suggest
Annihilus
and Torch with max resistances or as high as possible without paying too much attention to + stats, your job is not tanking anyway. With a cheap Insight on the merch and 1 point on
Warmth
you are absolutely fine mana wise. ( tip : Cheap Call To Arms would help as well with life )

You could also use a cheap cold facet (-4/4 for example ) somewhere to boost it a bit more.

2-3 cold skillers would help and cold sunder obviously.

You can easily farm every corner of the game with this. I would probably go with meteorb build ( full frost without Doom can be a pain sometimes ). This build and itemisation gives you decent kill speed and MF ( adding a Gheeds, doesnt have to be perfect and a few 7's mf small charms ) of about 350 MF - which can help you find stuff to afford the end game items in the long run.

About the Merc - Infinity works best in Fire and Lightning trees as its seriously boost the damage of those skills, it has its usage on a cold sorc but its not compared to the benefits it gives to the other two. On cold i would either pair Infinity with
Death's Fathom
or Insight with Doom. I prefer the second and the reason is purely speed ( not to mention that with Doom you dont need a
Holy Freeze
merc, you have a might one and he hits like a truck, evaporating all the leftovers ).

Infinity and Doom its an overkill and can be done only if you want to remove points from
Cold Mastery
and put them on
Glacial Spike
for improved Blizz damage which can have its perks, but overall cold raw damage from Fathom is preferable in this case.

So my suggestion is :
Insight
Gaze is fine until you find or you can afford an Andariel's
Budget Armor before you have the runes for Obedience : Smoke is very cheap and helps your merc stop dying all the time, and the next best thing would be Duress.

This would be ( in my opinion ) the upgrade you should go for as cold sorc, the intermediate level if you can say. The end game level i feel its not the subject of this post so i will leave it outside.

On Vacation for 2 weeks - All of my buy or sell offers are retracted and frozen.

WTB List : Cold Skillers + Life ( 28-35 range )
Sup
Archon Plate
White or 4 soc ( close to perfect 13/13, 15/13. 14/13 etc )
Sup Ethereal Base for Pride
OP
Thanks for all the replies, lots of possibilities I see.
I made a near-perfect Spirit and already have
Tal
's Crest and Coil, so I'll start with that while I work on the runes. I already have Trang's gloves as well.
For my merc, I have an
Eth
4os and 5os threshers, so either Insight or Obedience are easy options. He currently does okay with his life leech, I'm thinking Obedience and Duress for the resists, crushing blow and open wounds...?
If you get to the point where you want to invest in Infinity, I would suggest considering first a
Nova
Infinity
Scythe
sorc before making/buying one for your merc. I will admit it's not my main, but what I use to farm uber keys pretty quickly and does well.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
Take into account the cost and availability of the
Nova
Infinity
Scythe
. Assess whether it fits within your budget and whether it is easily obtainable or if there are alternative options that offer similar benefits.
At the end of the day it really depends on the OP what is the preference.

What is your play style? ? ?
Which 2 skills are you most comfortable with?

I.E you want 1 primary skill for your main (spammy) attack and 1 secondary big hitter on a delay.

The kind of skill preference and tree focus will determine and dictate where you play your gear preferences because some skills need that BP to be truely efficient, while others don't.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation