Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   681 views

Description

Hello!

My name is Manny. I'm a very fresh/new player. Been playing a little over a week. I've watched tons of guides and informational videos on Youtube regarding runes, where and what to farm, what to prioritize for gear, etc... With all of that said, what advice would you give a new player? Such as what sets to hold onto, bases to hold onto and such. Maybe even some trading tips? Thanks for all the help.

Cecil 85 Hammerdin
Alessandra 89 Blizzard Sorc

Take care!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello!

My name is Manny. I'm a very fresh/new player. Been playing a little over a week. I've watched tons of guides and informational videos on Youtube regarding runes, where and what to farm, what to prioritize for gear, etc... With all of that said, what advice would you give a new player? Such as what sets to hold onto, bases to hold onto and such. Maybe even some trading tips? Thanks for all the help.

Cecil 85 Hammerdin

Take care!
Welcome.

If u never played d2 before, the best guides and suggestions regarding good and bad items, your best bet is to check out trading guides on here and around the web. It is very difficult to give advice on what items/bases/ to keep as those are subjectives, although some bases and items are known to have high trading values(check out item guides)

In all, i say just enjoy the game, look at the trading channels and see what ppl r selling for, try to absorb the data from that.

Eventually, everything will fall into place…

One thing i can recommend is for trading.

When trading, since u r new, ask for to your item, if the offers continue to roll in often, means ur items are in “demand” and you can continue to wait it out for better offer. (Font wait it out to long else some ppl might retract…use ur best judgement…) Do not sell it to the first person who offers “what you think is a good deal”.

This is also how you can tell how much the item you are selling is worth atm in time to that particular player…

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
Farm keys like ( hate
Key
) / rals /
Hel
's / pamethysts and trade those to ists

Nice zone to farm as hammer is Chaos Sanctuary
Hi Manny, the scope of the game is huge, so I recommend setting a long term goal of trying many different things to see what you like best, including each of the classes and some of the more popular builds

Some popular things to do in this game:
-Magic finding/rare item finding, finding every item in the game
-Optimized monster farming, or specialized farming like Ubers
-Leveling new characters and general game playthrough, speedrunning
-Getting to level 99
-Making new or weird builds, theorycrafting builds
-Getting 100% perfect gear for one specific build
-Player vs player
-Acquiring Wealth through trading
-Probably other things I haven't discovered or tried yet

I like magic finding and theorycrafting best. For trading, the best way to learn is by doing. The best way to learn what's valuable and worth holding onto, besides youtube videos or other online guides, is also by trading and by checking the current trade value of items as you drop them. Good luck!
Others on this site know a lot more about the game than me but here is what has built me some Wealth. Farm the Pit and cows with no MF for elite bases. Some item to look for are ethereal elite polearms (
Thresher
Giant Thresher
Cryptic Axe
, etc). Use the cube to add random sockets with a
Perfect Amethyst
Ral
, and
Amn
. It is RNG so pray it comes out with 4 sockets. Those with 4 sockets often sell for a high rune or more.

Also, look for superior elite items such as monarchs, phase blades,
Archon Plate
Dusk Shroud
, etc. Even without sockets these can sometimes sell for an
Ist
or more depending on the stats. Check the recently sold items to get an idea for the price if you are not sure. In time runes will drop.

Good luck
Hoard
Perfect Amethyst
Perfect Ruby
and
Perfect Gems
in general.
Junk Jewels
also.
Ral
runes and
Hel
runes also sells a lot.

Probably 90% of my high runes are from trades, not drops.

One thing that i do myself is to make a lot of mules from different classes, so i can experiment some builds on them. My Gem Mule is a
Whirlwind
barbarian, my Jewel Mule is a
Hydra
sorc, etc.

Deleted User 63530 0

MannyFresh wrote: 9 months ago
Hello!

Cecil 85 Hammerdin

Take care!
Yo. if u want i can meet You in game in next 6-8h and show You what basics and rutine i use in this game over 20 years :).

Necrarch 1695Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
My advise would be : keep it fun and the way that fits with your life and playstyle.
I could never stand farming a lot, and with two kids I hardly play mote than 3 hours a week.

Still, my first char and beloved necro reached level 93 a few weeks ago after almost 2 years of play with all the stuff I want like Enigma, skillers, CtA etc, done DClone and Ubers (not alone though yet - last to do) and I enjoyed playing him all the time, while some do that in 2 weeks.

The right way to play d2 is the one you enjoy. ;)

Have fun and welcome around (and check the pinned guides... and if lost, feel free to ask) !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Appreciate everyone that's responded. Thank you!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation