Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1674 views

Description

I started a normal 2-player game with my level 15 barb to trade an item. While waiting for another player I decided to complete the
Andariel
quest. When I reached
Andariel
's room a player joined the game with a much higher level (25+) sorceress nicknamed Ylenia. I greeted the player and asked if she was for a trade and returned my barb to the Rogue camp. As my game had an automatic invite setting on, the player just jumped into my open portal and ruined my quest by killing
Andariel
without saying a word. Well, that taught me a lesson to switch the default game automatic invite off. The player's battle.net ID is

Edited by mod.

I suggest avoiding her/him by all means for being an utterly poor mannered player.
Description by Necrarch

Can be used to make Runewords:

I started a normal 2-player game with my level 15 barb to trade an item. While waiting for another player I decided to complete the
Andariel
quest. When I reached
Andariel
's room a player joined the game with a much higher level (25+) sorceress nicknamed Ylenia. I greeted the player and asked if she was for a trade and returned my barb to the Rogue camp. As my game had an automatic invite setting on, the player just jumped into my open portal and ruined my quest by killing
Andariel
without saying a word. Well, that taught me a lesson to switch the default game automatic invite off. The player's battle.net ID is

Edited by mod.

I suggest avoiding her/him by all means for being an utterly poor mannered player.
Maybe he just wanted to help you with your quest.
If you dont want help, just set a password?!

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"

Necrarch 1659Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Hey, edited your post, OP: public shaming is not allowed.

Friend join allowed is actually a fairly good setting usually - just clean your list after every trade.

As for your case, not asking is doubtful indeed, but if you level up in public games it can happen.

Finally, just rekill Andy yourself if you want completion- the Qbug does no exist any more for her as far as I remember, so apart from some npc talks you missed nothing.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
ToX-I-qUc wrote: 9 months ago
Maybe he just wanted to help you with your quest.
If you dont want help, just set a password?!
Have you actually read my post? I started a game to trade an item, and I set it specifically to 2-player only for that. Otherwise, I do not play with other players, and I always set a password on my games. Your sarcasm won't earn you any credit.
OP
Necrarch wrote: 9 months ago

Friend join allowed is actually a fairly good setting usually - just clean your list after every trade.

As for your case, not asking is doubtful indeed, but if you level up in public games it can happen.

Finally, just rekill Andy yourself if you want completion- the Qbug does no exist any more for her as far as I remember, so apart from some npc talks you missed nothing.
You're the boss here so you can do whatever you want on the site, but are you calling me a liar suggesting "not asking is doubtful indeed"? Anyway, I changed my game setting. Yeah, the one you called "fairly good setting usually". Not sure what that supposed to mean any way I look at it, especially on the "fairly" and "usually" parts.

Necrarch 1659Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
bigbikefan wrote: 9 months ago
Necrarch wrote: 9 months ago

You're the boss here so you can do whatever you want on the site, but are you calling me a lair suggesting "not asking is doubtful indeed"? Anyway, I changed my game setting. Yeah, the one you called "fairly good setting usually". Not sure what that supposed to mean any way I look at it, especially on the "fairly" and "usually" parts.
Seems you misread my post, and nothing of being a boss or something else.

When I say "not asking is doubtful" I just mean to say that not asking before hitting Andy is not a good practice.

However, public games often tend to have people careless of what they do as there is no such thing as a reputation like here.

As for the setting, not sure how it works on switch, but on PC leaving the "friends can join" option is usually regarded as safe, as long as you keep your friends list clean.

That's all what I meant, hope it's clearer now.

Edit: just understood now that the option you removed was not "allow friends to join" but "make party with all players by default".

So my point above is irrelevant.
Sorry !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated. Apparently the default game setting for "allies" status in a given game allows sharing current character location and open portals, but it has nothing to do with the "friends" status, and you just confirmed that. We're good.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...