Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   2769 views

Description

Hey!

Despite equipament/gear, is there any difference which barbarian build i use to gold find?

I mean, i need to kill the monsters, they drop gold, repeat. Right? Do i really need to build a barbarian that focus on waiting/buffing the mercenary so he kill the monsters for me?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey!

Despite equipament/gear, is there any difference which barbarian build i use to gold find?

I mean, i need to kill the monsters, they drop gold, repeat. Right? Do i really need to build a barbarian that focus on waiting/buffing the mercenary so he kill the monsters for me?
When u gear up your Merc his gf adds on top of your char's. But only if the Merc does the killing. If you need your char to do the killing you don't get the ultimate gf weapons ie 2 lemmed crystal swords. Your Merc getting the same weapons does not add up on top of your gf. That's how I believe it works
OP
marekjulce wrote: 9 months ago
When u gear up your Merc his gf adds on top of your char's. But only if the Merc does the killing. If you need your char to do the killing you don't get the ultimate gf weapons ie 2 lemmed crystal swords. Your Merc getting the same weapons does not add up on top of your gf. That's how I believe it works
Yeah i know that, but i mean, do you really lost a lot of gold if you do the killings?
Standard char do the killing barb has around 1700% to 2000% EG depending on if you want to use Enigma or Wealth.

With merc do the killing you can add 450% EG (6Lem CS to remplace Grief) and possible 100% EG from CoT from Merc.
And maybe 300% EG from Wealth but I am not sure merc deals enough damage with this armor.

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 9 months ago
Standard char do the killing barb has around 1700% to 2000% EG depending on if you want to use Enigma or Wealth.

With merc do the killing you can add 450% EG (6Lem CS to remplace Grief) and possible 100% EG from CoT from Merc.
And maybe 300% EG from Wealth but I am not sure merc deals enough damage with this armor.
Wealth on Merc indeed sacrifices too much DMG and therefore need more time...
Didn't do scientific kind of tests but guess baba char with Wealth same thing. Its nigma then or maybe u want COH kind of in-between
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 9 months ago

Ahmmm so isn't THAT bad. Thanks!
Fortitude (Chains of Honor) is also a good option , gface with
Cham
and botd on merc is the fastest clearspeed in the game for a goldfind barb while ur spamming warcry.. clearspeed is the
Key
, not overstacking gf with 0 speed, don't bother about the "frozen" corpses from Fortitude, it happens once in 50 runs when I gf, and I goldfind alot..

I send pictures instead of the important items, esp the
Circlet
, 2/30/2os (you can gamble a magic one called berserkers
Circlet
of speed, then try ur luck with 2os)is the
Key
from running to bridge and wp, Enigma and x2 hotos on switch for
Teleport
the rest are basic, wc+eg charms x1 eg/res and scs are eg and the res you need (max all this is important because they use all 4 at
Travincal

I put around 100pts into mana and rest into vita and the spec is a standard warcry barb with maxed
Find Item
and bo , + the synergies for warcry and warcry on rest of ur points, the gameplay is
Teleport
and spam warcry and let the merc do the killing, my merc has Fortitude Breath of the Dying in
Eth
War Pike
and
Guillaume's Face
with a
Cham
rune , runs from start to finish including brdige running and stash are 1minute on avg with 500k gold per inventory on avg, sometimes can't pickup more and sometimes 200-300k.

If you wan't to magic find also wich I don't bother with I just wan't gold for repairs and gamble on my other chars, you can switch the
Crystal Sword
with x6
Lem
for
Blade Of Ali Baba

PM if I win
When it comes to pure gold find, i prefer a barb according to this guide
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=88673150&f=87

Have to add that the skill distribution is not up to date, you should max
Find Potion
first

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
Blubbalutsch wrote: 9 months ago
When it comes to pure gold find, i prefer a barb according to this guide
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=88673150&f=87

Have to add that the skill distribution is not up to date, you should max
Find Potion
first
Thanks for the link, I clearly forgot about this one, I never tried it myself but this guide is outdated, he has a few updates he wrote on his profile. For thoose who are curious about that build and do not have an account and can view his profile, here are all the important changes, including the maxing of
Find Potion

PM if I win
OP
OMG I'M RICH.

Just runned
Travincal
for the first time with my gold find barbarian.

Gear (% gold find)

2x Ali Babas with 2
Lem
runes each (335% each, 670% total).
Goldwrap
(80%)
Chance Guards
(200%)
Goldskin
(100%)
1x
Dwarf Star
(100%) - Im using Ravenfrost on the second.
Infernostride
(63%)
Gheeds (151%)
Immortal Kings Helmet with 2
Lem
(137%)

Charms and stuff (some extras)

Total: 1542%

Merc: Act 5 Dual Grief + Arreat + Fortitude

Total haul: around 500k gold.

I'm rich. Dinner's on me today.

Only downside (IMO): i had to use a few rejuv potions or else my merc would die. Any tips about that?
luizgeo wrote: 9 months ago
Only downside (IMO): i had to use a few rejuv potions or else my merc would die. Any tips about that?
Steel Shade
is a serious option for Trav Merc because of the flat fire absorb. Also, having
Teleport
charges somewhere is nice to reposition merc out of the hydras

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
OP
Blubbalutsch wrote: 9 months ago
luizgeo wrote: 9 months ago
Steel Shade
is a serious option for Trav Merc because of the flat fire absorb. Also, having
Teleport
charges somewhere is nice to reposition merc out of the hydras
I didn't know this helmet. Thanks for the tip!

I just did a run with Wealth and got 800k gold, 1 million total selling some of the loot. I'm in love for this barb.
OP
The mean gold sits around 400k~500k with this gear that i'm using. Sometimes you drop a metric ton, sometimes less.

BTW, Magic Find hinders the gold drop? I remember reading about that if you have too much magic find, you drop less gold. Is this a thing?
Naitsirk gave a great reply there. I've run goldfind barb a lot and i stand behind the warcry approach. Although the
Leap
build is probably just as good, it seems easier to use and doesn't require so much thinking. I haven't tried it.

Utilizing the merc is the traditional way to do it, but i have read about people using
Teleport
and Enigma, while killing with the barb, and that probably works just as well. But if one cannot afford, or won't spend money buying expensive runewords, one can very well build up an average goldfind barb that does 300 000 - 1 000 000 gold each run depending on luck.

The keeping merc alive thing is the hardest part, while being efficient. The biggest issue is that the
Council Member
bosses sometimes spawn with insane synergy modifiers... such as might aura+fana aura or
Conviction
+might or any nasty combination. Not only does the hydras make life difficult, but they can also deal incredible physical damage quickly if they gang up on your merc.

This is where experience and being clever with the use of
War Cry
comes into play. The way i run warcry barb is this:

You run towards the temple. You size up the situation. If most of them are inside the temple, you're in luck, but they mostly are there. Try to herd them a litt so that they are almost in a gang about 5-10 paces away from the entrance. Go down the entrance, heal up and get ready. Go back up, let your merc engage. You run 2 steps behind your merc, and as soon as the council members gang up on him, or he engages them, you run right behind him and cast
War Cry
5-10 times. The
Council Member
bosses are only affected by
War Cry
10% of the time, as opposed to 100% on the normal council members .... so a bit of luck here is needed to
Stun
the boss members. But most of the time, most of the boss members are stunned to. This is where your merc has an easy day, and he can keep attacking and killing them one after another.

When you get this routine down, you can do about 80% of the runs without hassle, quickly, efficiently and harvesting hoards of gold within 20 minutes.

Sometimes you get overwhelmed, your merc bites the dust within 1 second, and you simply can't make the offensive. They have insane modifier synergies. These games are best to abandon and start over, since you waste so much time singling out the members one by one, and even with the one boss members with
Conviction
can quickly kill your merc with the hydras.

And if you play hardcore, like i do, you really have to be careful just running in there. The game changes when you play hardcore and you have to be very much on your toes not to get overrun. Saving and exiting whenever things get too hot is the best way to survive.

Personally i must say, i was the one on d2jsp that had the idea with Gavel of pain on switch, many years ago. It works very well. You run up the entrance with gavel in hand and cast it 1 or 2 times, cursing almost all the members. Then go to work stunning them with
War Cry
. This makes your merc kill them incredibly fast and also leech a lot of life.

My ultimate merc gear setup is this:

Kira's Guardian
with
Um
rune. Cannot be frozen is a really big asset.

Ebotd
War Pike
. Only weapon to rival this is ethereal reaper's toll, but that has cold damage, so you shatter ~40% of the corpses which is a moderate loss in gold find amount. Down to preferance, i guess. The decepify curse also overrides
Amplify Damage
if you choose to use that.

Armor: Depending on how skilled you are, either Wealth if you really get the routine down, to increase goldfind, or you can use ethereal
Guardian Angel
to really push his fire resistance high, and make him almost immune to
Hydra
fire (90%), or you can use Fortitude to increase his damage a lot and make him kill them faster. It's a preferance thing and you will figure it out with experience. If you really get the routine down with controlling your merc, the members with warcry and your barbarian, using Wealth armor pushes the goldfind amount over the Edge.
setting up a pure gf barb could be very finicky and expensive, I have a half assed gf bard, under the skin he is just a
Frenzy
so from time to time a dclone popping up I could easily swap out the gear and have a go, his mf/gf is 400/750ish, not the best but he can still gather 10m within half and hour or so
OP
I'm using a different tactic on my runs:

1) i go to the surroundings of the temple, enough so i can see any
Travincal
council members on the Edge of the screen,

2) i use
Taunt
on one or two, let them walk right to me;

3) Warcry +
Battle Cry
them, so they are nerfed and stunned;

4) Merc kills.

5)
Find Item
+ gold gold gold gold;

6) Repeat as often as you can.

On a perfect setup, you are left with only the super uniques. So you
Battle Cry
and
Leap
around to knockback them (they don't get stunned by Warcry).

Its not that time efficient, but is really safe.
luizgeo wrote: 8 months ago

Travincal

2) i use
Taunt

3) Warcry +
Battle Cry

4) Merc kills.

5)
Find Item
+ gold gold gold gold;

Battle Cry
and
Leap

Taunt
is an interesting tactic. I may try that if i survive that long for now (hc).

Just wanted to mention,
War Cry
does work on super uniques, 10% of the time. So with a high level
War Cry
and shouting continuously, you can keep some of them stunned too. And it's quite satisfying when you manage to
Stun
80% of the entire bunch like that while the merc just waltz all over them ^^
OP
Taurean wrote: 8 months ago
luizgeo wrote: 8 months ago

Travincal

2) i use
Taunt

3) Warcry +
Battle Cry

4) Merc kills.

5)
Find Item
+ gold gold gold gold;

Battle Cry
and
Leap

Taunt
is an interesting tactic. I may try that if i survive that long for now (hc).

Just wanted to mention,
War Cry
does work on super uniques, 10% of the time. So with a high level
War Cry
and shouting continuously, you can keep some of them stunned too. And it's quite satisfying when you manage to
Stun
80% of the entire bunch like that while the merc just waltz all over them ^^
Nice to know about this 10% chance! I'll definetely try that.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...