Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   2064 views

Description

I am not sure that this subject has not yet been considered inside out, just hope I won't get banned for this.

The question is what's the simplest way to find a necromancer's shield with +3 to both
Raise Skeleton
and
Skeleton Mastery
, with 2 sockets (for making later Rhyme or Splendor)? The last part is easiest as I understood, I just need to minimize MF, and then gray and normal (white) things will drop more often. If white , I can just add 2 sockets via socket quest (it always adds two to necro shield, no matter what its' ilvl was, right?).
The main part is more complicated. How do I imagine it, necro shields start to appear with "+x to necro skill" if their ilvl matches the skill's level or higher, so the only way to avoid all those useless skill bonuses is to search among shields with ilvl 1 to 5 only. So I need to return to act I normal, few locations before
Tamoe Highland
have area level 5 or less. Silospen's drop calculator says that the highest chances for regular mobs to drop a
Preserved Head
are for those in
Dark Wood
and
Black Marsh
, with their dungeons. So the path looks clear. But all of this may not make any sense just because, I presume, items with such low level will never generate with +3/+3 modifiers, won't they? I don't know how this mechanic works.
Can someone explain if I'm right or wrong?
Description by gor1ck

Can be used to make Runewords:

I am not sure that this subject has not yet been considered inside out, just hope I won't get banned for this.

The question is what's the simplest way to find a necromancer's shield with +3 to both
Raise Skeleton
and
Skeleton Mastery
, with 2 sockets (for making later Rhyme or Splendor)? The last part is easiest as I understood, I just need to minimize MF, and then gray and normal (white) things will drop more often. If white , I can just add 2 sockets via socket quest (it always adds two to necro shield, no matter what its' ilvl was, right?).
The main part is more complicated. How do I imagine it, necro shields start to appear with "+x to necro skill" if their ilvl matches the skill's level or higher, so the only way to avoid all those useless skill bonuses is to search among shields with ilvl 1 to 5 only. So I need to return to act I normal, few locations before
Tamoe Highland
have area level 5 or less. Silospen's drop calculator says that the highest chances for regular mobs to drop a
Preserved Head
are for those in
Dark Wood
and
Black Marsh
, with their dungeons. So the path looks clear. But all of this may not make any sense just because, I presume, items with such low level will never generate with +3/+3 modifiers, won't they? I don't know how this mechanic works.
Can someone explain if I'm right or wrong?

I don't mind negotiating, if it's within reason.
I found a +3/+3
Preserved Head
once from
Corpsefire
at lvl 2

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Game may generate item with +3 RS and +3 SM, but chanses are extremely low. You may repair broken shrunken heads, repaired items also get ilvl 1.

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM
You can get +3/+3 modifiers on Act 1 drops for these skills. Staff mods are weird.

The game has all skills that can be applied via Staff mods set in tiers. Eg.
Poison Nova
is tier 6, while
Poison Dagger
is tier 2 and
Skeleton Mastery
is tier 1. Item level determines what tiers of skills can be accessed by an item when it generates.

But, once tier has been rolled based on item level, the procedure for calculating how many skills appear on an item (0-3) or the skills' +x value (1-3) is mostly random. Random enough, for your purposes, anyway.

So, you most certainly can get +3/+3 on Act 1 drops.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
Morder07 wrote: 9 months ago
You may repair broken shrunken heads, repaired items also get ilvl 1.
To clarify, you can "upgrade" low quality items to normal using the cube, with an
El
rune and a chipped gem, this sets the ilvl to 1.

This should work for this purpose, right?

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 9 months ago
To clarify, you can "upgrade" low quality items to normal using the cube, with an
El
rune and a chipped gem, this sets the ilvl to 1.

This should work for this purpose, right?
Yes, this is what I meant

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
These are very looked after and hard to get, just to let you know. Good luck !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Thanks you all for informative answers.
I heard it, but never actually use this recipee. Why, do it rerolls staff mods? Or it's just a small addition?

gor1ck wrote: 9 months ago
I heard it, but never actually use this recipee. Why, do it rerolls staff mods? Or it's just a small addition?
Yes, It does.
I use this receipt for low quality
Rune Staff
If it had +3ES, +1-3CA so
Larzuk
would make it 5os.

Relax and have fun!
OP
Thanks.

mockingbirdreal wrote: 9 months ago
Yes, It does.
Rune Staff
Larzuk
would make it 5os.
Is there a reason why you would want a 5os staff as oppose to a 4os? I assume people want to make Memory out of a 3 es staff.
Atomicharmony24 wrote: 9 months ago
mockingbirdreal wrote: 9 months ago
Yes, It does.
Rune Staff
Larzuk
would make it 5os.
Is there a reason why you would want a 5os staff as oppose to a 4os? I assume people want to make Memory out of a 3 es staff.
You can make a Call To Arms out of it for space efficiency. Slightly worse than Memory in terms of the
Energy Shield
, but its still a great ES prebuff AND you get the usual CTA buffs.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Oh got it. Thanks for the Insight.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...