Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   3717 views

Description

Hey!

Just got to my attention that there is an old easter egg that increases your magic find (or the server's?) in about 1000%, using those lightning Souls. Mr Lamma just released the video these days about this topic:

But the video is inconclusive of how it works: the amount of time that this effect lasts, the amount of magic find bonus (is truly 1000%?) etc.

Does any one know how this actualy works?
Description by luizgeo

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey!

Just got to my attention that there is an old easter egg that increases your magic find (or the server's?) in about 1000%, using those lightning Souls. Mr Lamma just released the video these days about this topic:

But the video is inconclusive of how it works: the amount of time that this effect lasts, the amount of magic find bonus (is truly 1000%?) etc.

Does any one know how this actualy works?

atari 453

Europe XLinux
Guess even after years there's still something new to learn about d2. Never seen this before.

I thought at ~400-500 MF you wouldn't get anymore non-magic items dropping. I see a non-magic
Gothic Bow
and
Rune Staff
drop in his video. I really doubt it's anywhere near 1k.

Hardcore mode is my jam. Played a lot of D1. Played D2 from its release till about 2010, then lots of D3 for most of the 2010's. 29 year Magic: the Gathering player. 12 year League of Legends player.
I'm not sure if that is his second video or not. But he says it is +150% MF per letter they do. So if you sit there and let them do it over and over and over it can be "infinite" MF. He also explains that there is a
Cap
on MF and that overall mf has such high diminishing returns that it's not worth it to do it to many times.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
OP
I think that this a thing to do sometimes with friends to have some fun. But if you char already has 300 - 400 % MF, IMO its not worth it.
OP
I mean, not that i need MF in any way - just got this grand charm. Just need to find 999 other ones and i'm good to go.
man, that is some gg gear right there

Rik 132

Americas PC
To anyones knowledge, has anyone tested this on ladder Battle.net and felt convinced of its effect?

I tried this trick after watching llamas vid and felt pretty convinced by his testing though would’ve liked to seen more kills without and then with the effect. I activated the Easter egg a few times on bnet hardcore ladder and didn’t sense it made an impact on my drops. Granted, I didn’t test extensively and was playing with a character who already had decent mf around 150ish without and then 350mf on weap switch for item find.
Rik wrote: 10 months ago
To anyones knowledge, has anyone tested this on ladder Battle.net and felt convinced of its effect?
I wasn't sure which video was originally posted so I'll post Llamas second video here. In this video he plays a mod of D2 that starts you at -150% mf. He shows that all of his drops are White or grey (socket), and then he does the trick and starts to get magic (blue), rare (yellow), set (green), and even the odd unique. All the while the mf% on his character was in the negatives.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...