Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   2071 views

Tesladin feeling underwhelming .. is something wrong?

No data yet

Description

Hello all

So, I've been bored with my usual 2 characters of the classic javazon who just destroys everything with ease, and my blizz sorc who I've made better as of late adding nightwings and Death fathom - (should be a separate post, but should I try Death?)

Anyways, I debated and debated about revamping my hammerdin who was complete, but I just never played him. So I debated about either tesladin or dragondin, or the hybrid. After reading I decided on a tesladin, as a lot of people seem to enjoy him.

I went out and got what gear I could do quite quickly and what I had already available to me, but he feels underwhelming. I watched videos of people running around cows and downing them after 2 ticks, but it feels like 3-4+ for me? Seems like something is wrong? Or am I just ruined but how good javazon's are and nothing compares.

My gear as of now is:

Dream
Bone Visage

Dream
Kurast Shield
(all I could get quickly with decent res - I think it was a 42 base)
Enigma
Mage Plate

Drac's gloves
Crescent Moon PB
Arachnid
Ravenfrost + a FCR ring with all res life and AR
War Travs
Mara's

Of course CTA + Spirit on offhand

And my charms are where I'm lacking of course, but I have the usual suspects of a lite sunder, Torch, Anni and an offensive GC with FHR.

I've noticed my Res isn't maxed which stinks but I'll have to fix that with variations of gear and SCs which will likely be expensive. Or res
Boots
with mf and FRW.

Skills that are maxed are:

Resist Lightning

Salvation

Zeal

Conviction
is at 15 - 25 with skills+

I put one into
Vigor
for quality of life, and I've started adding to
Sacrifice

I have an Act 1 Merc, with Faith, Andys, and
Eth
Fort.

I guess the reason for this post is there something I'm doing wrong. Or is this just the name of the game for this character and I expected to much. I want to upgrade the weapon to either Grief or Last Wish, and also have heard that they are good at taking on ubers if needed with maybe a few adjustments.

Anywho, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I might be overthinking this character, but everyone made it seem like it was amazing. And now I'm questioning what I've spent to make him. Don't want to revert him back to Hammerdin..

Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello all

So, I've been bored with my usual 2 characters of the classic javazon who just destroys everything with ease, and my blizz sorc who I've made better as of late adding nightwings and Death fathom - (should be a separate post, but should I try Death?)

Anyways, I debated and debated about revamping my hammerdin who was complete, but I just never played him. So I debated about either tesladin or dragondin, or the hybrid. After reading I decided on a tesladin, as a lot of people seem to enjoy him.

I went out and got what gear I could do quite quickly and what I had already available to me, but he feels underwhelming. I watched videos of people running around cows and downing them after 2 ticks, but it feels like 3-4+ for me? Seems like something is wrong? Or am I just ruined but how good javazon's are and nothing compares.

My gear as of now is:

Dream
Bone Visage

Dream
Kurast Shield
(all I could get quickly with decent res - I think it was a 42 base)
Enigma
Mage Plate

Drac's gloves
Crescent Moon PB
Arachnid
Ravenfrost + a FCR ring with all res life and AR
War Travs
Mara's

Of course CTA + Spirit on offhand

And my charms are where I'm lacking of course, but I have the usual suspects of a lite sunder, Torch, Anni and an offensive GC with FHR.

I've noticed my Res isn't maxed which stinks but I'll have to fix that with variations of gear and SCs which will likely be expensive. Or res
Boots
with mf and FRW.

Skills that are maxed are:

Resist Lightning

Salvation

Zeal

Conviction
is at 15 - 25 with skills+

I put one into
Vigor
for quality of life, and I've started adding to
Sacrifice

I have an Act 1 Merc, with Faith, Andys, and
Eth
Fort.

I guess the reason for this post is there something I'm doing wrong. Or is this just the name of the game for this character and I expected to much. I want to upgrade the weapon to either Grief or Last Wish, and also have heard that they are good at taking on ubers if needed with maybe a few adjustments.

Anywho, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I might be overthinking this character, but everyone made it seem like it was amazing. And now I'm questioning what I've spent to make him. Don't want to revert him back to Hammerdin..

Thanks!
You went all-in on the lightning damage part on your physical/lightning hybrid, so naturally you will be weaker than the twice as strong hybrid auradin (in terms of aura damage) or the even stronger dragondin.

If you want to be a tesladin, you can't neglect the physical part and yes, you will be actually attacking more often than not unlike the others. Your boon for choosing him over the others is Enigma, and pretty much only Enigma.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Queegon wrote: 10 months ago
You went all-in on the lightning damage part on your physical/lightning hybrid, so naturally you will be weaker than the twice as strong hybrid auradin (in terms of aura damage) or the even stronger dragondin.

If you want to be a tesladin, you can't neglect the physical part and yes, you will be actually attacking more often than not unlike the others. Your boon for choosing him over the others is Enigma, and pretty much only Enigma.
I mean fair, A big portion of my decision had to do with Enigma. So you're not wrong there.

Everything I read was suggesting that Tesladin was just as good as the hybrid - but I did read that Dragondin was pretty good too. I have a Dragon
Mage Plate
built and ready to go, so I could just test it out by making a Hand of Justice and making some other adjustments.

M1ck 332

Europe PC
For what it's worth I'm in the same boat. With Tesladin the majority of damage has come from physical attacks with Grief, which to be fair does cut through them very quickly.

Think I'll ditch Enigma and try the hybrid.
OP
M1ck wrote: 10 months ago
For what it's worth I'm in the same boat. With Tesladin the majority of damage has come from physical attacks with Grief, which to be fair does cut through them very quickly.

Think I'll ditch Enigma and try the hybrid.
Which I understand - just was disappointed. I'll likely do the same and just make a HoJ to see what it's like. I really don't want to go through the effort of going full Dragondin either but.. that might be an option too haha.

It's either make a Grief and try it out, or make a HoJ and trying auradin. Or both I suppose
I used to play Tesladin a lot. You want 72 ias for 4 fpa. My build was dual Dream, forti,
Gore Rider
Highlord's Wrath
Laying of Hands
, Grief pb 32+ ias, ravens + dual leecher.
Thundergod's Vigor
so Souls heal you is nice, too.
Get synergies to max,
Conviction
Level 25,
Zeal
to lvl 5, then I think I maxed
Holy Shield
. Rest in
Sacrifice
. I stated dex to get max block. Your dual Dream should add least have 48 fhr.

Yes, you don't have
Teleport
, but you can
Charge
. And you don't need CTA, so you can put anything your second slot.

Edit: I played this before d2r. Get anni + Torch so that with
Highlord's Wrath
you have +5 Skills --> 20 Points conv, 1 point
Zeal
needed. You don't need any other charms. Don't use any sunder charm, there are no immunes for you afair.

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...