Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   1846 views

Terrorized zones loot

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 18

Description

I'm a relatively new player. Since the last patch I've noticed a extreme decrease in sunder charms and overall loot quality and even runes drops in terrorized zones. Previous patch I maybe had 50 mf on a character running around and I got 5 charms in 3 days. Current patch I'm running 250mf and haven't seen one despite farming terrorized zones for 3 days. I've even noticed I get more runes in non terrorized zones more than terrorized (I'm aware mf doesn't effect rune drops). Have you guys had a similar experience or is it just my rng?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm a relatively new player. Since the last patch I've noticed a extreme decrease in sunder charms and overall loot quality and even runes drops in terrorized zones. Previous patch I maybe had 50 mf on a character running around and I got 5 charms in 3 days. Current patch I'm running 250mf and haven't seen one despite farming terrorized zones for 3 days. I've even noticed I get more runes in non terrorized zones more than terrorized (I'm aware mf doesn't effect rune drops). Have you guys had a similar experience or is it just my rng?
Maybe the drop rate of sunder is descreased.
I am sure they changed the rate of each type of sunder.
Previous seasons, 50% of sunders were cold but this season 50% are fire and still no cold yet despite already found more than 10 sunders.
That makes sense because Blizz nerfed cold sorc, fire sin is the new meta to start this season.

Relax and have fun!

ShadowHeart 1789Moderator

Europe PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 11 months ago
I am sure they changed the rate of each type of sunder.
Previous seasons, 50% of sunders were cold but this season 50% are fire and still no cold yet despite already found more than 10 sunders.
That makes sense because Blizz nerfed cold sorc, fire sin is the new meta to start this season.
I'm certain this is just RNG being RNG. The first season with Sunder charms I started out finding mostly Fire sunders and almost no Cold sunders at all, but it balanced out in the end IIRC (between Fire/Cold). I didn't actually count though. And I found craploads of Poison too. That's just RNG.
Steady wrote: 11 months ago
Previous patch I maybe had 50 mf on a character running around and I got 5 charms in 3 days. Current patch I'm running 250mf and haven't seen one despite farming terrorized zones for 3 days.
I'm fairly certain that Sunder charm drops aren't affected by MF. The way they implemented it was by adding completely new Treasure Classes (TC) that bosses, uniques and champions in
Terror
Zones drop from along with their ordinary loot - these new TCs only contain the sunder charms in them and nothing else (not even basic grand charms, which MF would be used for to "bump" to unique) and has a huge number of "empty" slots (so that you don't get a sunder charm every time). This has been scraped from the internal game files.

Here is a breakdown:
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/commen ... layer_and/

According to that, Fire and Cold are equally common (the 2 most common ones), followed by Lightning.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Thank you for the information probably just got a bad run of rng for me then

ShadowHeart 1789Moderator

Europe PC
Note: there may of course be differences between sunder charm drop rates online and offline. I'm not aware of any such differences, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything :P (that I don't know about it, I mean)

Maybe our awesome community member who likes to break down and explain game mechanics in cool YouTube videos, Mr @Th3ory, knows anything?

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
I've had pretty much all types of sunder drop multiple times so I can't say there is any difference. But what I can say with a high dose of certainty is 90% of sunders I've dropped were in TZ.
Voltage wrote: 11 months ago
But what I can say with a high dose of certainty is 90% of sunders I've dropped were in TZ.
Sunder Charms can only be dropped by Rare, Unique, Super Unique, or Champion terrorized monster types in
Terror
Zones.
That 90% is actually 100%. :))

I will be away for Easter holidays between April 30 and May 5. I will host a giveaway upon my return on May 6.

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
SnowSnow wrote: 11 months ago
Voltage wrote: 11 months ago
But what I can say with a high dose of certainty is 90% of sunders I've dropped were in TZ.
Sunder Charms can only be dropped by Rare, Unique, Super Unique, or Champion terrorized monster types in
Terror
Zones.
That 90% is actually 100%. :))
Oh, thanks for the info, was wondering why I'm always getting like 2-3 of them when I actually do TZ and nothing on regular maps :)

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 11 months ago
Note: there may of course be differences between sunder charm drop rates online and offline. I'm not aware of any such differences, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything :P (that I don't know about it, I mean)

Maybe our awesome community member who likes to break down and explain game mechanics in cool YouTube videos, Mr @Th3ory, knows anything?
Thanks for tagging me brother!

As far as we know, offline & online are linked, but we never know explicitly the server-side governance. However, when looking at the local client-side drop rates, they have not been adjusted or changed in patch 2.7

You are correct that NoDrop (Player Count/Party Count) influences Sunders; Magic find DOES NOT.

Pavke put together an awesome table on the break down:

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation