diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   1772 views

Description

its such a crucial skill for other builds yet necros all seem to just use
Decrepify
, wouldn't use
Life Tap
more effective or do I miss anything in this formula?

Can be used to make Runewords:

its such a crucial skill for other builds yet necros all seem to just use
Decrepify
, wouldn't use
Life Tap
more effective or do I miss anything in this formula?
Life Tap
can be very useful and the fact that it does not suffer from drain penalties in higher acts gives it great value as a super fast way to top off your army.

There are some tradeoffs though, as with everything.

Decrepify
gives your army extra damage and slows its targets, reducing incoming damage. The bonus to survivability from
Life Tap
must thus be weighed against the loss of minion damage and the increase in incoming damage from not using
Decrepify
. If you are using
Iron Golem
instead of
Clay Golem
, such as to have an Insight, the increase in boss damage output when
Decrepify
is gone is quite severe. Losing minion damage can also have you run into issues with the duration on buffs like Merc
Fade
from Treachery or
Revive
uptime.

In my experience, with mid to low gear Necros using Decrep +
Clay Golem
, it's often the duration of my revives that causes a return to base vs ubers, not my minions' health. As such, shortening the fight with
Decrepify
helps a ton! With high gear necros, bosses don't last long enough for either health or duration to matter, at which point you might as well still use the higher damage curse.

So, personally, I never use
Life Tap
. I always go
Decrepify
. However, I am sure there are necros out there that will swear by it against ubers because it does make sense to use.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Winterkill wrote: 11 months ago
Life Tap
can be very useful and the fact that it does not suffer from drain penalties in higher acts gives it great value as a super fast way to top off your army.

Decrepify
gives your army extra damage and slows its targets, reducing incoming damage. The bonus to survivability from
Life Tap
must thus be weighed against the loss of minion damage and the increase in incoming damage from not using
Decrepify
. If you are using
Iron Golem
instead of
Clay Golem
Decrepify
is gone is quite severe. Losing minion damage can also have you run into issues with the duration on buffs like Merc
Fade
from Treachery or
Revive
uptime.

Clay Golem
, it's often the duration of my revives that causes a return to base vs ubers, not my minions' health. As such, shortening the fight with
Decrepify
helps a ton! With high gear necros, bosses don't last long enough for either health or duration to matter, at which point you might as well still use the higher damage curse.

Life Tap
. I always go
Decrepify
. However, I am sure there are necros out there that will swear by it against ubers because it does make sense to use.
Interesting, you prefer Decrep over amp Damage For summoner ?
Wouldn't the 50% more damage from amp be even better for combat accélération?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 11 months ago
Winterkill wrote: 11 months ago
Life Tap

Decrepify
Life Tap
Decrepify
. If you are using
Iron Golem
instead of
Clay Golem
Decrepify
Fade
from Treachery or
Revive
uptime.

Clay Golem
Decrepify

Life Tap
. I always go
Decrepify
Interesting, you prefer Decrep over amp Damage For summoner ?
Wouldn't the 50% more damage from amp be even better for combat accélération?
For Ubers, yes, I prefer Decrep. Amplify for all other circumstances.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
OP
my 95 online solo necro is very much decked out at this moment, I'm trying out all kinds of expensive things on him, but I only ran uber half successfully once before with some help, thus I'm gauging all the approaches here, especially I'm planning to use a Pride IG (to replace Insight) so decrep seems crucial to keep him alive during the fight

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...