Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   2342 views

Description

Could someone please help me recover my body? I have alreay died once trying to recover it from Terrorised Threshsocket. I'm frightened to try again in case I lose everything?

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Can be used to make Runewords:

Could someone please help me recover my body? I have alreay died once trying to recover it from Terrorised Threshsocket. I'm frightened to try again in case I lose everything?

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Unless specifically stated, all Items listed for Trade are Non-Ladder Items.
I can help if it's non ladder.
if it's ladder I can

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
OP
Thanks for the offers everyone. Moot helped me out and I recovered my body.

Unless specifically stated, all Items listed for Trade are Non-Ladder Items.

kozie 18

Sorceress Europe PC
Just for my own information; You can not lose everything, right?

You can always just log out, log back in and your body would be at the camp you're spawning at, am i right?

I would only think that you would lose the money that could still be retrieved or any potions from the
Belt
that couldn't fit in your inventory anymore.

Free your mind and your *ss will follow.
kozie wrote: 1 year ago

You can always just log out, log back in and your body would be at the camp you're spawning at, am i right?

I would only think that you would lose the money that could still be retrieved or any potions from the
Belt
that couldn't fit in your inventory anymore.

Yes, you are correct.

If I'm not mistaken, you would also lose some experience; if you get your body back without leaving the game, you gain SOME of that experience back, but not all of it, as you always lose some by dying.

I think the concern of losing everything dates back to Diablo 1?
You can loose items if You happen to pick up something in the meantime
for example You run to pick up the body and pick up
Quilted Armor
if Your eq is full the Enigma You farmed for so long will drop on the Ground when picking up body at least im quite sure it works like that
AmiableCelt wrote: 1 year ago
If I'm not mistaken, you would also lose some experience; if you get your body back without leaving the game, you gain SOME of that experience back, but not all of it, as you always lose some by dying.
i think You loose 10% of exp and if You recover body in the same game then You only loose 10% of that 10%? or that how it looks to me based on how much the bar is filled

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
kozie wrote: 1 year ago
You can in some circumstances afaik...
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Death Warning #1: When you die you leave your "body" behind with all of your equipped gear and must run back to where you died to get it back.
Death Warning #2: Or you can exit and rejoin the game and the body with the highest remaining gold value will appear in town to be picked up, but all other bodies will disappear. This is a common way people permanently lose items. If you die once and can't easily get your 1st body, immediately leave or get help.
From the new players guide.

kozie 18

Sorceress Europe PC
Thanks for the information and also thanks @Teebling for the heads up. I will take that in mind the next time i die 🙈

Free your mind and your *ss will follow.
if you died and run around naked, type /nopickup in chat, so you cant equip an item by accident.

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"
"Or you can exit and rejoin the game and the body with the highest remaining gold value will appear in town to be picked up, but all other bodies will disappear." OMG! Didn't know that. Playing 20 Years without knowing that and now im fucking scared. Ouf.

I only thought there was a bug, where if there were too much dead bodies of yours, your loot would explode from the first body and everyone could pick it up. Do i remember correctly? Long time ago i saw that happening...

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Greys_Prey wrote: 1 year ago
I only thought there was a bug, where if there were too much dead bodies of yours, your loot would explode from the first body and everyone could pick it up. Do i remember correctly? Long time ago i saw that happening...
That was the original reason people got scared during recoveries. There was a time when PKers were all over, doing their best to corpse-pop you and snatch up your gear.

The fix to that very behavior is actually what leads to the problem today.

Corpse popping was a thing because you were limited to one corpse in-game. So if you died while holding new stuff and you couldn't fit that into your inventory upon Death, your original corpse went SPLAT and turned into a loot fountain.

That was "fixed" by allowing you to have multiple corpses in the same game so your loot stuck with whatever corpse it was in, waiting for you.

Sadly, in true blizz fashion, they half-assed that "fix" and allowed multiple corpses in the game while still enforcing a 1-corpse limit upon joining a game. So if you had multiple corpses and then left (i.e. eventually gave up) and made a new game, only one of those corpses could come with you. The "highest gold value" thing made sure that anything with items on it wins over empty "xp only" corpses from you dying naked. But if you ended up attempting to recover your body using some random (but sadly rather high in gold value) backup gear and you died doing that..say goodbye to your real gear.
Immediately after leveling is a good time to try encounters you otherwise would be leery of. You risk no XP loss since you can't lose a level by dying. And no gold loss if you just put it all in shared stash. Not sure you're ready for DClone or Ubers? Just level and give it a shot for free.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...