Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1100 views

Description

Hi all. Have any of you made any p8 viable- meaning good clearing times (not java or
Nova
sorc but decent) and sufficent tankiness barbs?
Was it
Frenzy
? Throw?
Whirlwind
? What gear?
I noticed I never farm with the barb and it's a shame cause
Find Item
is a real fun skill.

Wanna make it my stater next season so thinking what kind to make.

Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi all. Have any of you made any p8 viable- meaning good clearing times (not java or
Nova
sorc but decent) and sufficent tankiness barbs?
Was it
Frenzy
? Throw?
Whirlwind
? What gear?
I noticed I never farm with the barb and it's a shame cause
Find Item
is a real fun skill.

Wanna make it my stater next season so thinking what kind to make.

Thanks!
Hi i played
Frenzy
barb now and in the og diablo2 times not sure if i tried it on p8 as i play online and its a bit of a Hustle to find a full game to farm sometimes but the thing with barb is that single target hits. Right now im using double Grief forti as armor, gore riders, draculs for
Life Tap
some random rings and amu with +2 to skills,
Demonhorn's Edge
as helmet since i havent found arreat's yet and swapping for gulliame for ubers. When i get Last Wish ill trade gloves for
Laying of Hands
but what i can say is that its great for killing bosses and ubers (i can solo uber trist on p4 i believe) but cutting through mobs is just exchausting especially so after i got a taste of fire sorc.
OP
marek22 wrote: 1 year ago
Hi i played
Frenzy
barb now and in the og diablo2 times not sure if i tried it on p8 as i play online and its a bit of a Hustle to find a full game to farm sometimes but the thing with barb is that single target hits. Right now im using double Grief forti as armor, gore riders, draculs for
Life Tap
Demonhorn's Edge
as helmet since i havent found arreat's yet and swapping for gulliame for ubers. When i get Last Wish ill trade gloves for
Laying of Hands
but what i can say is that its great for killing bosses and ubers (i can solo uber trist on p4 i believe) but cutting through mobs is just exchausting especially so after i got a taste of fire sorc.
[/quote

Yes that's why I heavily lean toward
Whirlwind
Hi i played
Frenzy
Life Tap
Demonhorn's Edge
Laying of Hands
not really the initial topic but just saying as long as ur not doing ubber , assuming u talk standard farming i would considere laying > draculs honestly u dotn need the
Life Tap
for standard farming . elite dont last enough .... of course for ubber is a totally different things .
as for the initial thread i admit im also curious to know if P8 whirlwing is "possible" (i mean acceptable speed) i tend to say "no" but i would like to be sure .
guetali wrote: 1 year ago
Hi i played
Frenzy
Life Tap
Demonhorn's Edge
Laying of Hands
not really the initial topic but just saying as long as ur not doing ubber , assuming u talk standard farming i would considere laying > draculs honestly u dotn need the
Life Tap
for standard farming . elite dont last enough .... of course for ubber is a totally different things .
as for the initial thread i admit im also curious to know if P8 whirlwing is "possible" (i mean acceptable speed) i tend to say "no" but i would like to be sure .
yeah id say You are right tho now im almost only farm with my sorc and only use barb on trav runs from time to time and
Life Tap
is good for lazy mofo like me so i dont have to worry about potions XD

also isnt
Whirlwind
a single target attack as well? i never used it much

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Yes,
Whirlwind
is single target. Per hit at least. It checks for every hit to see which targets are in range and then picks one of those to smack. If it were actual aoe..WW would be gloriously good. :P

But since it isn't, based on just a couple quick test runs on P8:
Both, WW and
Frenzy
can leisurely clear P8 Chaos in about 2:30-2:40. That's basically just quick enough to get a dia kill in a mediocre/slower full
Baal
pub.

Mind you, that was semi-full clears. I.e. skipping normal mobs but killing all champs along the way both, in river and in CS itself. If you go for a speed clear instead, you should be able to comfortable kill dia even in faster
Baal
runs.

While that is obviously nowhere near what true top-tier builds/classes can do, it certainly isn't bad by any means and could be considered "acceptable" by many a standard.

(The above is based on semi-full clears on a full BiS dmg-focused [i.e. fort] barb in P8 SP - 1 leisurely clear each so take numbers with a grain of salt ^^)

Nate 539

Switch
Yea I play offline and I think the role of the barb isn’t fast density clearing, it’s definitely more of a tank (although a Druid,
Clay Golem
or valk is typically better), single target damage dealer, crowd buffing and horking. He really shines as part of a group, sadly if you’re playing by yourself you’re probably going to find other characters better for speed, mfing or density destroying (less trav farming).

I do love to play me some throw barb though
OP
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Yea I play offline and I think the role of the barb isn’t fast density clearing, it’s definitely more of a tank (although a Druid,
Clay Golem
or valk is typically better), single target damage dealer, crowd buffing and horking. He really shines as part of a group, sadly if you’re playing by yourself you’re probably going to find other characters better for speed, mfing or density destroying (less trav farming).

I do love to play me some throw barb though
Yeah having played the game so much now... I wanted a challenge/different experience because I never start with a barb.
Man I really wish I could test out my zerker build online P8 without trying to pub or buy more accounts (too lazy to try remaking him offline since no real incentive there for me). He can crush P3 Tzone elites/champs, flying around just sniping + horking them, while skipping all the trash. Can be pretty fast if you're doing that. But if you want to clear everything including trash (and ubers), then I'd guess
Whirlwind
is best for P8.

When I was focused on making my WW barb build as strong as I could last year, I loved 2x Grief + Guillaume's + Highlords + Gore Riders combo for insanely high Deadly Strike. Could clear packs very quickly and it felt good.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
Man I really wish I could test out my zerker build online P8 without trying to pub or buy more accounts (too lazy to try remaking him offline since no real incentive there for me). He can crush P3 Tzone elites/champs, flying around just sniping + horking them, while skipping all the trash. Can be pretty fast if you're doing that. But if you want to clear everything including trash (and ubers), then I'd guess
Whirlwind
is best for P8.

When I was focused on making my WW barb build as strong as I could last year, I loved 2x Grief + Guillaume's + Highlords + Gore Riders combo for insanely high Deadly Strike. Could clear packs very quickly and it felt good.
Yes I have that on offline, he's nice. I'm thinking adding Enigma and reaper's, the decrep does a lot... I cant test yet I need
Ber
for the enigme.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...