Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1307 views

Description

There really wasn't a suitable topic for this because the closest ones I found involved doing something stupid in-game like vendoring something valuable or trying to make runewords out of invalid items, and the most frequently updated fail topic involves fail drops which doesn't fit either.

Sometime last year, I read up on the lore of the D2 heroes as a refresher. The canonical Amazon, Cassia, went back to her home of Skovos after the events of LoD to train an army of Amazons to prepare for future battles with demons. She became the most legendary commander of the Amazon Caste and earned the title of warmatron.

I thought that was a cool but unusual title. It sounded like a Transformers Decepticon.

Probably half an hour later, I realized it was supposed to be read as "war matron" and not "warma tron".

Now I occasionally amuse myself by referring to this as a Grandma Tron Bow.
It's for her:
Anyone else out there have stories of bad readings or misinterpretations of the game or lore? Or worse yet, doing something that only applies to D2 in another game or, bless your heart, in real life?
Description by Snakecharmed

Can be used to make Runewords:

There really wasn't a suitable topic for this because the closest ones I found involved doing something stupid in-game like vendoring something valuable or trying to make runewords out of invalid items, and the most frequently updated fail topic involves fail drops which doesn't fit either.

Sometime last year, I read up on the lore of the D2 heroes as a refresher. The canonical Amazon, Cassia, went back to her home of Skovos after the events of LoD to train an army of Amazons to prepare for future battles with demons. She became the most legendary commander of the Amazon Caste and earned the title of warmatron.

I thought that was a cool but unusual title. It sounded like a Transformers Decepticon.

Probably half an hour later, I realized it was supposed to be read as "war matron" and not "warma tron".

It's for her:
Anyone else out there have stories of bad readings or misinterpretations of the game or lore? Or worse yet, doing something that only applies to D2 in another game or, bless your heart, in real life?

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

ShadowHeart 1797Moderator

Europe PC
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
lmfao xD
Now it will be impossible not to for me as well :P

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
For our German speakers: In the Sacred game, there is a character class called Waldelfin (female forest elf).
Somehow, kept reading it as "Wal Delfin" (whale dolphin).

Not my proudest moment...

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1637Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Some days, I want to plan my future life like a Maxroll build.

Well... :D

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
About 14 years ago I was heavily playing World of Warcraft, like I would get off of work and be in front of the computer until bedtime, rinse and repeat the next day. After a long night of raiding I was in the middle of my morning commute and I was half asleep staring at the front bumper of the car ahead of me when my brain spat out the idea of clicking on the bumper and hitting follow. It wasn't until my brain tried bringing up game menus that I caught on and shook myself fully awake. Scary, funny and sad all at the same time.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I like calling my chars with stupid names.
"IwantToQuitDiablo2"
etc

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Necrarch 1637Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
I like calling my chars with stupid names.
"IwantToQuitDiablo2"
etc
Ah, while my mules have stupid pun names like TakoBelt (the sorc that sells Caster Belts) or Galdozzer (the "gal" that looks like Gal (Gadot, at least in my mind) and sells... other stuff).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation