Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   649 views

Description

I had a question concerning deadly strike for auradin paladins. I am currently running a
Holy Fire
dragondin and it has been wonderful. I had a highlords amulet drop last night which seems like a really nice item for that build. I know that deadly strike is essentially doing double damage or critting. That said, since my paladin is getting fire damage added from the
Holy Fire
does it double that damage as well as the physical from the weapon? My gut is telling me that it only doubles the physical damage dealt by the weapon, but I wanted to check to make sure.

Thank you in advance for any information shared!

Can be used to make Runewords:

I had a question concerning deadly strike for auradin paladins. I am currently running a
Holy Fire
dragondin and it has been wonderful. I had a highlords amulet drop last night which seems like a really nice item for that build. I know that deadly strike is essentially doing double damage or critting. That said, since my paladin is getting fire damage added from the
Holy Fire
does it double that damage as well as the physical from the weapon? My gut is telling me that it only doubles the physical damage dealt by the weapon, but I wanted to check to make sure.

Thank you in advance for any information shared!
According to this [1] it's only physical damage. It should apply to converted dmg though (skills that convert physical to elemental/magic dmg).

"
- Skills that convert Physical damage to a different type (magic, fire and
Cold Arrow
Lightning Bolt
Fists of Fire
Berserk
) do so after DS or CS are applied, so converted damage is doubled.
- They will modify your final Physical damage with
Vengeance
but have *no* effect on the Elemental damage caused by
Vengeance
"

[1] https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Deadly_Strike
[2] https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
Use
The Cat's Eye
instead. Perfect for dragondin - 30% frw for faster
Charge
, dex for block and
Phase Blade
, defense to increase with
Holy Shield
, much needed 20 IAS.

As SuperIllu correctly said, Deadly Strike will give you ~200-250 phys dmg on top of your ~15k fire, 37% of the time. ;)

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
I'll have to try it when I get my hands on one... for now I really like the highlords coupled with gores
OP
I have also tried using an Act5 merc with Grief/Hustle
Phase Blade
for some extra attk speed from the fanat aura and that seems to work pretty well too. Merc doesn't do as much as upped
Headstriker
/Grief but it is super fun watching him zoom around smacking people in the face.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...