Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2276 views

Description

Well here I am … I’m sure others have been here before, I’ve hit the end game wall and am losing motivation fast.

I play solo self found offline on console, for maybe 6-7 months now. I’ve made all the staple characters: the mf sorc, the Uber smitter, summon necro, zerker (both gf and mf), Fury Druid, throw barb, Javazon, bowazon, hammerdin,
Nova
sorc,
Frenzy
barb,
Poison Nova
necro,
Larzuk
quest runner, even a few meme builds

I’ve made the staple rune words: Exile, cta, hoto, Grief, Beast, Enigma, fort, Delirium, Flickering Flame, Faith, Death, Infinity, more spirits and insights than characters

I’ve found some of the tc 87 /rare items: steelrends, shadow dancers, arachnids mesh, anni,
Metalgrid
, some 5/5 facets among others.

What’s eluding me now are those crazy rare tc87 items and runes: deaths fathom, deaths web,
Crown of Ages
, griffons, arkaine’s
Cham
Zod
Wisp Projector
, making a Last Wish, you know, those items that require like 20k pindle runs or days and days worth of farming level 85 areas (and may turn out with junk rolls)…

But I just don’t know if I want to.

Idk, maybe if I just play around for a bit and if something drops that peaks my interest. There’s no
Terror
zones or sunder charms offline, maybe in the next patch they make these available for us offline players, or allow us to have some more character profiles I’d try something different.

Anyone else here or been here? Any weird/niche build recommendations (that don’t require crazy HRs or rare items)?
Description by Nate

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 539

Switch
Well here I am … I’m sure others have been here before, I’ve hit the end game wall and am losing motivation fast.

I play solo self found offline on console, for maybe 6-7 months now. I’ve made all the staple characters: the mf sorc, the Uber smitter, summon necro, zerker (both gf and mf), Fury Druid, throw barb, Javazon, bowazon, hammerdin,
Nova
sorc,
Frenzy
barb,
Poison Nova
necro,
Larzuk

I’ve made the staple rune words: Exile, cta, hoto, Grief, Beast, Enigma, fort, Delirium, Flickering Flame, Faith, Death, Infinity, more spirits and insights than characters

I’ve found some of the tc 87 /rare items: steelrends, shadow dancers, arachnids mesh, anni,
Metalgrid

What’s eluding me now are those crazy rare tc87 items and runes: deaths fathom, deaths web,
Crown of Ages
, griffons, arkaine’s
Cham
Zod
Wisp Projector
, making a Last Wish, you know, those items that require like 20k pindle runs or days and days worth of farming level 85 areas (and may turn out with junk rolls)…

Idk, maybe if I just play around for a bit and if something drops that peaks my interest. There’s no
Terror
zones or sunder charms offline, maybe in the next patch they make these available for us offline players, or allow us to have some more character profiles I’d try something different.

Anyone else here or been here? Any weird/niche build recommendations (that don’t require crazy HRs or rare items)?

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Been playing D2 on and off since original premiere days, still not a single Griffon or Tyraels Might

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
The question is..what do you consider endgame?

If your endgame and your goals consist solely of "lvl and gear build xyz" then yeah, you'll hit a wall, be bored and that's it because that's a fairly definite goal that once reached offers no ongoing reward whatsoever.
If your endgame and your goals consist of a grail run then you'll also hit that same wall. It'll probably take you a fair bit longer as it typically takes quite a while to complete that but even so, you'll still hit a clearly defined goal and be done.

By contrast, if your endgame and your goals consist of actually just having fun playing in whatever way you feel like at any given time, then your endgame is continuous entertainment as you can do that indefinitely (or until you no longer find it entertaining).

That persistent goal however is bound to be a lot less fulfilling of a goal for a single player approach, simply because the ways in which you can play the game are inherently very limited to basically "kill mobs by yourself here, kill mobs by yourself there". Online, you have those same options. But you can also do the same thing with others. You can shift to PvP. You can spend some time just being nice and helping people out with whatever. You can trade a bit if you enjoy that. You simply have more things to do that don't have a clearly defined end point.

So yeah, hitting a wall - especially in single player - really isn't surprising or rare.

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Nate wrote: 1 year ago

I play solo self found offline on console, for maybe 6-7 months now. I’ve made all the staple characters: the mf sorc, the Uber smiler, summon necro, zerker (both gf and mf), Fury Druid, throw barb, Javazon, bowazon, hammerdin,
Nova
sorc,
Frenzy
barb,
Poison Nova
necro,
Larzuk

Metalgrid

Crown of Ages
, griffons, arkaine’s
Cham
Zod
Wisp Projector

Terror

Also, feel free to make a break of D2. Like a week. You'll perhaps see things differently after.
Btw, I see no assassin in your builds. Perhaps try one after your break, some say Riftsin is real fun (but have not tested it myself). And don't overplay, there is so much to do out of D2R (and I do love the game) :)

As a great author said, "you have the right NOT to finish a book, or to put it down for a time and come back to it later." Same applies here (and in lots of things in life).

Take care !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Nate 539

Switch
So I’ve hit the wall again, right in the middle of a
Terror
zone farming session yesterday I just … stopped wanting to play.

I guess just the same old characters doing the same old thing, and I didn’t want to spend way too long waiting for another
Jah
to drop…I think I played through everything I wanted to from patch 2.6… so I’ll take a break for I bit I guess.

The forum is almost as fun as the game hahaha
If you're not enjoying playing for the time being, just stop. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. You can always return whenever you feel like :) I stopped playing 6 - 7 months ago as I became way too rich and had no incentive to play whatsoever anymore, but still come back for the occasional Chaos /
Terror
Zone run every now and then. I love the game, brings back so many memories :)
I took a break of d2r for 2 months and when I came back on it. I looted a
Lo
Jah
and
Ber
the same day !

So, take a break :)
Have you considered making an online char, now that you've mastered offline mode? Playing with others, as well as trading, can be very satisfying/rewarding. Also multiboxing and playing with 2 chars at once can be a good change of pace. Javazon for killing + Barb for horking has paid off pretty good so far from my couple hours of CS with both (2 Bers + some nice uniques). But I hear ya, can only play the same game for so long.. I'm definitely looking forward to trying something different once D4 comes out (please forgive my betrayal). I have a feeling I'll eventually come back to D2R though, after a year or two. And maybe by then, it'll be fresh all over again with some new stuff added. Breaks can be a good thing.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
looks to me what u feel is totally normal , whats the problem of leaving the game , do something else and then maybe come back? i dont see anything bad on that .personally as it happens last week a
Gul
rune fall and i was like "ah well i guess i have to take it " it makes me realize that if i have that feeling on a
Gul
drop its really time to off :) , still surely i will be back !!! i have on that season finish "everything" (let say the common runeword) Enigma, CoH , Last Wish, Infinity reroll some Grief , reroll some CTA rerolled A LOT (like a lot :) ) of Spirit :) but surely i know my character is far of beeing finish but i also do know i have lack of desire to push further for now , its all fine !
Trading is addictive. I never played online until season 1 of d2r. Fell in love with trading.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...