Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   3774 views

Description

I know I'm late to the party on this and I've seen some videos of how it looks, but you really have to play it to truly feel what it's like. I feel like I've completely broken the game, whole areas rendered entirely trivial. It makes me wonder if this is what blizzard intended, because the whole thing feels like a nerf waiting to happen.

One maybe intended, maybe unintended thing is does do is to make it feel more like playing D3, scrambling for the next monster to keep the streak going. Nothing I've experienced in the game so far clears out entire areas at this pace.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know I'm late to the party on this and I've seen some videos of how it looks, but you really have to play it to truly feel what it's like. I feel like I've completely broken the game, whole areas rendered entirely trivial. It makes me wonder if this is what blizzard intended, because the whole thing feels like a nerf waiting to happen.

One maybe intended, maybe unintended thing is does do is to make it feel more like playing D3, scrambling for the next monster to keep the streak going. Nothing I've experienced in the game so far clears out entire areas at this pace.
This looks like a fun build to try. Question on it though - would this be the
Phoenix Strike
build? If so, Maxroll says this about it:

❌ Requires Build Up For Damage
❌ Hard To View Charges In Combat
❌ Lots Of Hotkeys While Charging Up

Pretty sure I understand the first two, but what are the hotkeys used in the mechanics of the build? Is there a lot of swapping in an out of them?

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Could be, doesn't have to be. But yeah, most Mosaic sins go the Phoenix route.

Phoenix isn't just Phoenix though but typically Phoenix +
Claws of Thunder
+
Blades of Ice
and so on and so forth..

Because of that, the 'requires build up' is a fair point as once you make a new game or after your charges expire, you need to re-stack all of them before getting into full swing which takes up to 3 successful hits with each
Charge
-up skill (sometimes intentionally less on Phoenix to stick with lightning over cold or less on cobra because "1 is plenty" and so on). That's also why I guess they'd call it "lots of hotkeys" since each of those skills then has a hotkey. Though listing that as a con seems like quite the stretch to find cons, seeing how little that matters overall. Except maybe for controller users..no idea, don't use that. The need for build up is also why a good Mosaic sin will never spend 15 or more seconds out of combat. You gun from one pack to the next, find ways to fill "forced gaps" (such as waiting for diablo to spawn) and all that, all to avoid ever hitting the 15 second mark since your last finisher as that is when your charges expire.

If/when they do expire, they all expire at the same time (since your Mosaic finishers refreshed all of them at the same time). As a result, the "hard to view charges in combat" seems like listing a random con for the sake of having another con to list. The only time you care about identifying individual charges is when you're charging up, primarily to differentiate between "2 stacks of Phoenix" vs. "3 stacks of Phoenix". That's very easily done by simply stacking Phoenix first as you don't do your pre-stacking in the middle of massive packs anyways. Any time after that, all you need to know is "are my charges still up?" which is blatantly obvious, thanks to the mass of swirling disco balls around you. There's nothing hard to view there and anytime you're actually in combat, you don't need to view it anyways as your fighting = finishers refreshing them = you know they're staying up.
Thanks, Schnorki - think I'll give it a try :)
OP
Schnorki pretty much covered it all. It is a bit finicky to get started and I did have to expand my range of hotkey bindings, but that's not a real con.

I'm running a pretty standard
Phoenix Strike
build, I don't yet have all the synergies fully levelled, but it already feels OP. She can also be a bit of a glass cannon if you're not careful, but once you get used to the play style, she rarely gets hit. To be fair it is sometimes a bit hard to say what's going on on the screen, but since it mostly means that everything in sight just got fried, it's also not really a problem. If you want a crazy experience that feels like breaking the game, I can definitely recommend to try this out.

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
If your
Fists of Fire
skill is level 34 or higher you won't benefit from the leech from
Cobra Strike
How the skill works: current skill lvl x3 = % phys dmg converted to fire. lvl 33 FoF x3 = 99% phys converted to fire. lvl 34 FoF x3 = 102% phys converted to fire = no more leech from
Cobra Strike

Also if
Tiger Strike
and
Cobra Strike
put your leech too high you get zero leech. Its a bug apparently where LL + dmg becomes to high compared to monster life. If you notice this bug try using less charges of tiger, even zero, or try using only 2 charges of cobra.

Some people will opt to use
Dracul's Grasp
so they don't have to worry about any of this stuff.

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
I use a symmetry to charg-e only one element at a time. So
Claws of Thunder
and
Phoenix Strike
2nd Charg-e. Or
Blades of Ice
and
Phoenix Strike
3rd Charg-e. You can get use of
Griffon's Eye
or
Nightwing's Veil
Fists of Fire
and 1st
Phoenix Strike
Charg-e.
FoF has
Dragon Tail
which adds 1000%+ Fire DMG.
Dragon Talon
is still a bit faster beside.
Is cool to wear only one Sunder Charm and 2 more Skillers also.
When using FoF the damage is also converted to fire...
Griffon's Eye
increases only the First Charg-e damage of
Claws of Thunder

Thus far I am not satisfied with Mosaic and PvP. You probably cant Charg-e fast enough.
But when equipped right dual Mosaic kills a horde of hell bovines in under a minute. Almost as fast as an javazon.

Btw THE Mosaic is build doing
Mal
+
Gul
+
Amn
!! Not!
Thul
jbmc wrote: 1 year ago
If your
Fists of Fire
skill is level 34 or higher you won't benefit from the leech from
Cobra Strike
How the skill works: current skill lvl x3 = % phys dmg converted to fire. lvl 33 FoF x3 = 99% phys converted to fire. lvl 34 FoF x3 = 102% phys converted to fire = no more leech from
Cobra Strike

I was annoyed by building 2 Mosaic
Scissors Suwayyah
and + 3
Cobra Strike
because I didnt get any Life from any Mob. I directly removed that build.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...