Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   3397 views

Description

So got my fire Druid into the end game, ready to respec to his final form. Just wondering what’s better for the merc’s weapon:
Eth
reaper’s toll, or Infinity?

He’s rocking the standard fire Druid gear, I may play with 1 respec and try the were bear earthshifter armegadon route for fun though :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 538

Switch
So got my fire Druid into the end game, ready to respec to his final form. Just wondering what’s better for the merc’s weapon:
Eth
reaper’s toll, or Infinity?

He’s rocking the standard fire Druid gear, I may play with 1 respec and try the were bear earthshifter armegadon route for fun though :)

M1ck 332

Europe PC
Infinity is the better end game weapon, but is of course expensive. Ethereal reaper's toll is over rated in my opinion given the utility of Infinity.

If you have either on other builds try them out first. Like a lot of things in this game personal preference can differ from top recommendations.

The fire druid also decimates even p8 fully kitted with Phoenix, Flickering Flame and fire facet
Crystal Sword
. Search youtube Skulm has a nice video of it.

Asha 350

Sorceress Europe PC
Here's my dru example:
Fire shifter, armag+fireclaw. (Merc - a2 holyfreeze, coh, infi). Gear: coh, Phoenix, Plague pb, mara, head can vary -
Shako
, jalal,
Ravenlore
, flicker with good mods.
Magefist
or lavagout/
Hellmouth
, strings, aldur boot, carrion +
Raven
rings.
Pretty much straightforward build: you go out there, shift, seek for mobs, cast armag and move in (whack em when they burn).
Even without fire sunder, no problems at all -
Conviction
+ LR proc from Plague is vicious. Phoenix adds to that ).
Considering sunder, Plague is less needed atm, so dual Phoenix also looks interesting (-56% massive
Pierce
from both hands, and stronger invigorate by aura - but a bit low swings, so
Werewolf
looks a bit better in this case.
Skills: max armag+fc, at least 5
Fissure
(for 20 sec armag), the rest goes to
Lycanthropy
for life, and
Firestorm
/mb to boost damage.
GC's - either elems for better roasting, or ss if you prefer more tanky approach.
The only minus is clumsyness - as a shifter, you move on foot, no tele. Feels meh after you just swept a tz tombs with nigma-jumpin summoner 🙂
Neither, I use act 3 lightning merc to proc static.
Crescent Moon is the weapon, ideally Spirit/vmagi/
Eth
griff are the rest but
Monarch
has high str req so currently i'm using random +str armor/head.
OP

Nate 538

Switch
Well having tested both I can say Infinity is a much better merc weapon for the standard fire Druid.

But noname2 might be onto something and maybe a dual Crescent Moon act 5
Frenzy
merc might be worth a try for the
Static Field
proc… idk
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Well having tested both I can say Infinity is a much better merc weapon for the standard fire Druid.

But noname2 might be onto something and maybe a dual Crescent Moon act 5
Frenzy
merc might be worth a try for the
Static Field
proc… idk
it's not for the proc from cmoon but the inherent static from merc skill. Act 3 light merc casts those very frequently, if u tele into packs. Cmoon only serves as -light res source.
With
Armageddon
your dmg is mixed fire+physical; either reaper or Infinity only amplifies 1 of those, and Infinity doesn't work very well vs sundered monsters. (only 17%, compared to 5% + at least 43% on yourself = about 33% amplified dmg) Infinity conv also has limited range vs druid fire skills that can cover entire screen.
Compared to static from act 3 merc which is very stable -50% health for all non light-immunes.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...