Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   2258 views

Description

Has anyone here played around with a Fury druid and Metamorphosis? My druid is on NL, and I haven't committed to getting a
Cham
, a nice base, and rolling a new wolf with all the gear on ladder to test metamorph out. Metamorph is pretty uninteresting to me for the most part except for Mark of the Bear, which provides +25% IAS and +20% DR. Based on maxroll's information, the +25% IAS is added directly to EIAS which for the build I use would be an absolutely disgusting buff. That +25% IAS means that he could hit 19 frames with a
Decapitator
with just 1 IAS jewel... or shooting for 18 frames with a mere 3 IAS jewels and no Faith. Previously, 18 frames on decap required Faith which ultimately is a significant DPS loss and kind of annoying given the comparatively smaller radius of Fanat (16.6) versus Might/Pride (38+/36) and the fact that the A1 merc is very fragile and tends not to keep up with you when you're running around so you're often fighting without the benefit of Fanat.

My hesitation is having to actually apply and maintain Mark of the Bear. The 3 minute timer and the logistics of swapping shapes back and forth feels like a huge interrupt to the flow of playing a shifter who normally can run around for 10+ minutes before having to shift. Not to mention, shifters can't
Teleport
, so there's going to be plenty of down time running around trying to find stuff, and shifting out of form also drops
Feral Rage
which is a wolf's major source of FRW other than Harmony on swap.

Purely on paper, it feels like a really tedious process that gets in the way... but there is something so satisfying about swinging at 18 frames. I'm on the fence about it. Anyone have any experience with it?

Also, I'd be real happy if they modify the way the Marks works. Even something as simple as requiring the appropriate form to first proc the Mark, but hitting in either form refreshes both Marks.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Has anyone here played around with a Fury druid and Metamorphosis? My druid is on NL, and I haven't committed to getting a
Cham
, a nice base, and rolling a new wolf with all the gear on ladder to test metamorph out. Metamorph is pretty uninteresting to me for the most part except for Mark of the Bear, which provides +25% IAS and +20% DR. Based on maxroll's information, the +25% IAS is added directly to EIAS which for the build I use would be an absolutely disgusting buff. That +25% IAS means that he could hit 19 frames with a
Decapitator
with just 1 IAS jewel... or shooting for 18 frames with a mere 3 IAS jewels and no Faith. Previously, 18 frames on decap required Faith which ultimately is a significant DPS loss and kind of annoying given the comparatively smaller radius of Fanat (16.6) versus Might/Pride (38+/36) and the fact that the A1 merc is very fragile and tends not to keep up with you when you're running around so you're often fighting without the benefit of Fanat.

My hesitation is having to actually apply and maintain Mark of the Bear. The 3 minute timer and the logistics of swapping shapes back and forth feels like a huge interrupt to the flow of playing a shifter who normally can run around for 10+ minutes before having to shift. Not to mention, shifters can't
Teleport
, so there's going to be plenty of down time running around trying to find stuff, and shifting out of form also drops
Feral Rage
which is a wolf's major source of FRW other than Harmony on swap.

Purely on paper, it feels like a really tedious process that gets in the way... but there is something so satisfying about swinging at 18 frames. I'm on the fence about it. Anyone have any experience with it?

Also, I'd be real happy if they modify the way the Marks works. Even something as simple as requiring the appropriate form to first proc the Mark, but hitting in either form refreshes both Marks.

Please make all offers on the listing page
OP
I'm looking for people's experience playing around the Mark system on Metamorph and not really a build for a Fury druid.

Please make all offers on the listing page
I play it, I would never do mark of the bear, evrn when buffing for ubers. Doing runs is all about speed and smoothness, and doing this shifting back and forth every 3 minutes is a no no.
That said, I find Metamorphosis great because of the 25 crushing blow and the 40% life. I hit like a truck and nothing can kill me- not amp fanat trav, not frenzytaur boss packs(all in p8). And this is without cta(so I can use Harmony in switch), which the increased kill speed and survivibility from Metamorphosis contributes a lot towards. Oh and I'd suggest using reaper's toll, I use a dang plain one, and with
Bone Break
I can farm anywhere(p8) without needing to wait for emilio to keep up, heck, my favorite spot is arcane for the ghosts.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation