Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   981 views

Description

So I finally started looking into the new Hustle armor and possible more interesting use cases (limited as they may be), especially combined with my still looking for a barb build I actually truly like. Needless to say, that train of thought quickly brought me to a previously raised question: Does
Evade
work with
Whirlwind
?

Fun fact first:
Turns out
Evade
's sound effect is apparently static so if you run around on a barb and
Evade
, it actually gives you the amazon sound effect. A bit weird..but should make testing a lot easier as you can simply go by sound. I.e. "evading is the one sound a barb will otherwise never make".

Just normally running around,
Evade
procced quite a bit, as would be expected, reliably giving me the amazon sound effect on the barb.
While whirlwinding however, after 2 full CS clears, I haven't heard (or otherwise noticed) a single
Evade
. So with that, early testing (more runs/more targeted testing to follow tomorrow I guess, when I'm less tired) leads me to believe that
Whirlwind
does not in fact count as movement so far as
Evade
is concerned, making Hustle a bit of a wasted chest slot as a result.

I'll look into that a bit more to get to the point of being statistically more certain but until then..has anyone actually (systematically) looked into this yet and confirmed the functionality one way or the other?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3225Moderator

PC
So I finally started looking into the new Hustle armor and possible more interesting use cases (limited as they may be), especially combined with my still looking for a barb build I actually truly like. Needless to say, that train of thought quickly brought me to a previously raised question: Does
Evade
work with
Whirlwind
?

Fun fact first:
Turns out
Evade
's sound effect is apparently static so if you run around on a barb and
Evade
, it actually gives you the amazon sound effect. A bit weird..but should make testing a lot easier as you can simply go by sound. I.e. "evading is the one sound a barb will otherwise never make".

Just normally running around,
Evade
procced quite a bit, as would be expected, reliably giving me the amazon sound effect on the barb.
While whirlwinding however, after 2 full CS clears, I haven't heard (or otherwise noticed) a single
Evade
. So with that, early testing (more runs/more targeted testing to follow tomorrow I guess, when I'm less tired) leads me to believe that
Whirlwind
does not in fact count as movement so far as
Evade
is concerned, making Hustle a bit of a wasted chest slot as a result.

I'll look into that a bit more to get to the point of being statistically more certain but until then..has anyone actually (systematically) looked into this yet and confirmed the functionality one way or the other?
possible test-use hero editor [if something exists for offline d2r] and change
Evade
to
Dodge
;
Dodge
works while attacking, and ww is an attack.
OP

Schnorki 3225Moderator

PC
Also an interesting question, albeit a slightly different one. Just based on what it is on paper,
Whirlwind
would/should be both, attacking and moving. Not that that inherently says anything about what it is in the context of
Evade
. ^^

Though
Dodge
and avoid shouldn't be based on attacking but on 'standing still', which merely happens to usually be the case while attacking something.

Either way, I'll have a closer look at probably all 3 in a bit.
how did WW interact with the
Nihlathak
viper poison? Did you take dmg while spinning?

(not sure if you still take damge while moving in d2r, I know that something got fixed)

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
OP

Schnorki 3225Moderator

PC
The moving dmg stacking got fixed/removed. Not sure I ever WW'd through that when it still existed.

Aaaaanyways, looking into it a bit further, I'm inclined to say none of them work.

Again, fun fact first:
When standing still,
Dodge
and avoid actually not only also give you the same amazon sound effect on a barb but adding to that, they trigger a cute little bunny-hop visual.
I went ahead and got all 3 (individually, not at the same time) and pushed them to the max just to get the trigger chance up and make it easier to spot. Though their scaling seems to prevent a flat 100%, leaving at least some room for error/misinterpretation (bummer). Def. too lazy to start modding to adjust that though.

Aaaanyways, they do all get pushed high enough to where I dare say it should be obvious. Standing still/moving respectively, damage taken in my massive test mob goes down significantly as one would expect.
As soon as you start whirlwinding though, not only does the sound effect (and animation where applicable) go away but damage taken also goes up significantly. That is true for all 3. So with that and after obv. doing more than just one or two whirls each to confirm, I am very much inclined to say that none of the three work while whirlwinding.

Now, whether that is because
Whirlwind
neither is nor isn't movement or whether they simply get prevented by the global
Whirlwind
lockout is anyone's guess. But either way, it doesn't seem to work. Sadly.

Th3ory 431

Paladin Americas PC
IIRC, when Hustle dropped with +oevade, we did some testing and found something interesting.

The sound was only triggered against range attackers vs. Melee. So
Evade
is actually slightly bugged in that respect and seems like it isn't working, but it is underneath the surface. So
Evade
does still work on both Melee + Ranged while moving.

Maybe you knew this, but jut wanted to share on the topic.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...