Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   4497 views

Description

So I’ve been making my first Lightning Sorc and decided to go for some
Andariel
runs for a while. Im 83 lvl and still dont have my Infinity, so I’m running around with Crescent Moon, Sunder Charm and a really good
Ormus
with +3 Lightning. My merc is Barb with 5800 def and 21% Lifeleech. I’m doing just fine throughout Hell with enough dps and my merc tanking. But here is an issue.
I really dont want to wield my Sunder Charm around Andy cause she has no light immune and Crescent Moon is just enough to reduce her resist, lightning unics hurt me with charm when I get to her room. My merc takes off all the unics with L resist perfectly, so I have no need to help him in the runs to take them off. But Andy is a problem for him. I want to outtank her by merc and here is what I did so far.
He has a 90 Poison resist thanks to
Venom Ward
which I graded to Exceptional for some more def (no big deal right?) so 95 resist with potion. Poison doesn’t hurt him, but Andy’s physics does. He has 5800 def on lvl 83 and Andy has 14k ar on 74 lvl or so. So she has around 63% chance to hit on him which is enough to cause trouble, considering no life leech on bosses. If I kite her well he survives, but I’m thinking of something more robust to outlast Andyruns.
Again, all I want is a merc to get through Andy, so poison and phys damage. Should I gear my barb? Should I repick my merc? All ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I’ve been making my first Lightning Sorc and decided to go for some
Andariel
runs for a while. Im 83 lvl and still dont have my Infinity, so I’m running around with Crescent Moon, Sunder Charm and a really good
Ormus
with +3 Lightning. My merc is Barb with 5800 def and 21% Lifeleech. I’m doing just fine throughout Hell with enough dps and my merc tanking. But here is an issue.
I really dont want to wield my Sunder Charm around Andy cause she has no light immune and Crescent Moon is just enough to reduce her resist, lightning unics hurt me with charm when I get to her room. My merc takes off all the unics with L resist perfectly, so I have no need to help him in the runs to take them off. But Andy is a problem for him. I want to outtank her by merc and here is what I did so far.
He has a 90 Poison resist thanks to
Venom Ward
which I graded to Exceptional for some more def (no big deal right?) so 95 resist with potion. Poison doesn’t hurt him, but Andy’s physics does. He has 5800 def on lvl 83 and Andy has 14k ar on 74 lvl or so. So she has around 63% chance to hit on him which is enough to cause trouble, considering no life leech on bosses. If I kite her well he survives, but I’m thinking of something more robust to outlast Andyruns.
Again, all I want is a merc to get through Andy, so poison and phys damage. Should I gear my barb? Should I repick my merc? All ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.
sazabi's set, inproved since 2.4:

Added Poison Length Reduced by 75% (2 Items)
Added +1 To All Skills (Full Set)
Added Damage Reduced by 16% (Full Set)

edit

very cheap!

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
you wanna get your merc as tanky as you can.

you can make a budget merc with a
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
for the
Helm
. Treachery for the armor, the level 15
Fade
is really good. Give him an Insight rune word weapon. If can get them all as
Eth
as well that would be great.

High defense, resistances, having lifesteal and increased attack speed will really help your merc out. Also its helpful to have some faster hit recovery on him.

Later in the game if you find/trade for them you can put an
Andariel's Visage
on your merc (socket it with a
Ral
rune or something to get rid of the -30 fire res)
Eth
Fortitude can be really nice, some people just stick with Treachery because its very good for how low the cost is. Then Infinity rune word for weapon, if you are using a physical based character then
The Reaper's Toll
is very good as a weapon for your merc.

Also having a CTA (Call To Arms runeword) on your weapon switch will not just buff you, it also buffs your merc.

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
OP
jbmc wrote: 1 year ago
you wanna get your merc as tanky as you can.

you can make a budget merc with a
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
for the
Helm
. Treachery for the armor, the level 15
Fade
is really good. Give him an Insight rune word weapon. If can get them all as
Eth
as well that would be great.

High defense, resistances, having lifesteal and increased attack speed will really help your merc out. Also its helpful to have some faster hit recovery on him.

Later in the game if you find/trade for them you can put an
Andariel's Visage
on your merc (socket it with a
Ral
rune or something to get rid of the -30 fire res)
Eth
Fortitude can be really nice, some people just stick with Treachery because its very good for how low the cost is. Then Infinity rune word for weapon, if you are using a physical based character then
The Reaper's Toll
is very good as a weapon for your merc.

Also having a CTA (Call To Arms runeword) on your weapon switch will not just buff you, it also buffs your merc.
Thanks, but I dont really need any other resists than poison against Andy, which is 95 already. So no Treachery in this build. As for other,
Tal Rasha
Helm
in unneeded cause resist if fine and lifeleech doesnt work on Andy. I dont want to make my merc as tanky as I can, I want to make him survive Andy only. I dont need to gear him up for any other things.
OP
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
sazabi's set, inproved since 2.4:

Added Poison Length Reduced by 75% (2 Items)
Added +1 To All Skills (Full Set)
Added Damage Reduced by 16% (Full Set)

edit

very cheap!
Thanks! Seems just right for my case. I also can take something good as second sword.

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Other option for the new ladder is the Cure runeword on head, very nice against Poison.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Vampire Gaze
on
Helm
, would net phys DR too :)

NL 93 Summon Necro, 89 Hammerdin, 89 Fohdin, 88 Light sorc, 86 Blizz Sorc, 84 Smiter, 60+
Enchant
sorc

Ladder Necro, 2x Sorc, Hammer,
Enchant
etc

UTC +10, from Sydney, Australia Wolfie83#6920 & Cyric#31733
Bulwark would be my choice, since it has nice DR (assuming to have a nice roll), FHR, max life and really good replenish which might help quite a bit when the psn resist is that high as mentioned. Also, it´s kind of cheap so you can give it a try without worring about investing too much
OP
Wolfie83 wrote: 1 year ago
Vampire Gaze
on
Helm
, would net phys DR too :)
Thank you! Already wearing that, forgot to mention (unfortunately its poorly rolled, 15% dem reduction).  I think I'll go for sazabi's set couse it has 16 dem reduction and plus skill and hp. I'll socket it for some more def o poison resist if needed. Most unics with light resist happen to be demons and
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer
gonna do just fine. And I also have
Djinn Slayer
which I think to use on second hand for some good fire damage on Andy. Don't know what to socket in it though. 
Maybe try
Tomb Reaver
, the 10% resurrected are incredible blockers.
Nearly unkillable.

If he kills the light immuns, there is a good chance to proc one.

1 returned can block Andy and a lot of other Monsters long enough to kill Andy.
OP
Thanks all for your answers! Sazabi's proved to be just fine. Act 5 merc tanks Andy, Diablo and
Baal
all the same with ~8-9k def and dem reduction. Gave him Pague in
Eth
Cryptic Sword
for second weapon to proc some
Lower Resist
. My 400 mf sorc is doing so fine Im starting to think whether I need that Infinity or not :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...