Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   3108 views

Description

This was a
Teeth
gritting adventure, I ran into him without really knowing what the heck it was in the Palace Cellar on my way to
Arcane Sanctuary
, and where you'd normally find
Fire Eye
there's freaking Diablo, after a quick moment of panic I dove into the arcane portal and got my WP.

Then, I had to google why the heck diablo invaded this cellar (
Terror
invaded Sanctuary event) I knew enough to figure it probably wasn't a bug, and learned what he dropped, and what a fortuitous spot I happened to find him in since I could WP in and hold him at the small door out of the room.

Decided I would give it my best shot. I started hooking hammers at him through the door, and realized I wasn't even doing enough damage to outpace regen, oh boy well this will be tricky.

First step, overcoming his apparent regen. I went searching high and low for a Prevents Monster Heal item after checking around to make sure it would work, gambled away 700k with no luck, stomped around in act1 looking for a 3 socket weapon with no luck (found a creepy amount of good runes for the span of time), vendor hopped for 30 minutes with no luck.

Finally I tried gambling again, dirks and spiked clubs, and on my last set of gold before I gave up, and Boom! Now I'm in business (nevermind it's something I've really got no business doing at this stage of the game). So I fill my inventory with potions, switch on
Blessed Aim
and go
Club
Diablo and Hallelujah, it worked. Managed to get him to the O before I killed myself checking. Then he regened back to full while I played bullfighter getting my gear back (and realized he was regenerating again). SOoo I thump him again, and get him to the L before I run out of potions. Gah, back to town, come back try to
Club
him, blam dead.

On and on it went, I spent about an hour fighting him, slowly whittling him down, when finally I see him through the wall pull his Death animation. So, behold, my first Annihlius charm:
Nearly perfect too. Now I just need one more level to use it.

It was a fun adventure, hopefully harrowing tales of loot well cheesed are welcome here, I just joined today, but wanted to share my story somewhere, as it was quite a ride for someone who's played for ages but hasn't done Closed BNET after 2004 or so.

Can be used to make Runewords:

This was a
Teeth
gritting adventure, I ran into him without really knowing what the heck it was in the Palace Cellar on my way to
Arcane Sanctuary
, and where you'd normally find
Fire Eye
there's freaking Diablo, after a quick moment of panic I dove into the arcane portal and got my WP.

Then, I had to google why the heck diablo invaded this cellar (
Terror
invaded Sanctuary event) I knew enough to figure it probably wasn't a bug, and learned what he dropped, and what a fortuitous spot I happened to find him in since I could WP in and hold him at the small door out of the room.

Decided I would give it my best shot. I started hooking hammers at him through the door, and realized I wasn't even doing enough damage to outpace regen, oh boy well this will be tricky.

First step, overcoming his apparent regen. I went searching high and low for a Prevents Monster Heal item after checking around to make sure it would work, gambled away 700k with no luck, stomped around in act1 looking for a 3 socket weapon with no luck (found a creepy amount of good runes for the span of time), vendor hopped for 30 minutes with no luck.

Finally I tried gambling again, dirks and spiked clubs, and on my last set of gold before I gave up, and Boom! Now I'm in business (nevermind it's something I've really got no business doing at this stage of the game). So I fill my inventory with potions, switch on
Blessed Aim
and go
Club
Diablo and Hallelujah, it worked. Managed to get him to the O before I killed myself checking. Then he regened back to full while I played bullfighter getting my gear back (and realized he was regenerating again). SOoo I thump him again, and get him to the L before I run out of potions. Gah, back to town, come back try to
Club
him, blam dead.

On and on it went, I spent about an hour fighting him, slowly whittling him down, when finally I see him through the wall pull his Death animation. So, behold, my first Annihlius charm:
Nearly perfect too. Now I just need one more level to use it.

It was a fun adventure, hopefully harrowing tales of loot well cheesed are welcome here, I just joined today, but wanted to share my story somewhere, as it was quite a ride for someone who's played for ages but hasn't done Closed BNET after 2004 or so.

Plz Add me on bnet (and comment in thread) when accepting my offer or offering my asking price
Congratulations.
Wow, what an adventure bringing him down first time that way :). Congratualtions to your first anni aswell.

keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the Ground.
This was a great read! Thank you for that and congratulations on a nice roll.

Offtopic: Gotta admit that I mainly clicked this thread, because of the number in your title. My initial reply was going to be;

"Nice."

Can trade on PC and PlayStation.

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
:D Congratulations ! These first times are always really fun stories. My first couple of kills on my necros ended up with me quite covered with sweat at ungodly hours also. Next 20-ish kills were much easier...

Now my sin is early hell I may be able to sweat again !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Nosgothy wrote: 1 year ago

Offtopic: Gotta admit that I mainly clicked this thread, because of the number in your title. My initial reply was going to be;

"Nice."
Thanks all, I was pretty amped to pull it off. I have to admit I uttered "Nice" as I left level 68 behind, sadly I had to rush on to 70 thanks to this charm.

Plz Add me on bnet (and comment in thread) when accepting my offer or offering my asking price
wau, I am speechless. Thats a story worth remembering! Seriously.

And you got rewarded for it ! Thats good.

I am playing D2r for year and half and I only twice met him randomly when i was in game - without knowing there is walk.

Last time it was when me and friends were planning ubers, but the guy who got us together didnt know how it works so he had only 4keys. And when he did portal, we gather all keys together and managed to get 2portal - some guys went farming for keys while we were parking in game with opened portals. And dclone spawned when we had all keys everyone ready to do ubers. I went for Dclone only to kill him (I love killing monsters in d2r) and friend who just wanted better self found anni. Compare to your story it is quite sad how hundreds of walks every season turn exclusive event into something that noone wants because we all have it.

Imho anni now is the cheapest +skill item in the entire game.

You can sell yours for
Ber
. It would give you more than anni itself. But you should keep it and via
Anya
name it after your hammerdin (I hope its possible to name Anni) :)

Btw if u decide to sell it, let me know and I will give you random anni which I have.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
Nosgothy wrote: 1 year ago

"Nice."
My thoughts were: yeah some paladin player discovered
Smite
and solo killed dclone on planned walk, yay. But this is good story

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
OP
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
You can sell yours for
Ber
. It would give you more than anni itself. But you should keep it and via
Anya
name it after your hammerdin (I hope its possible to name Anni) :)
Man, I immediately launched and ran to
Anya
, as this is a brilliant idea (I always over-save the quest rewards) but alas you cannot Personalize an
Annihilus

Oh cruel twist of fate, to be thusly boned!

MrScribbles will have to find some other source of immortality.
ETA: I will definitely be saving the charm though. Too much work to get it :D

Scribbles wrote: 1 year ago
you cannot Personalize an
Annihilus
:((((

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
By the way, is it true for any charm ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
By the way, is it true for any charm ?
Looks to be true for all charms, yeah. Also apparently Jewelry? That's a bit more surprising.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...