Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   866 views

Description

Can we now switch mercenaries at higher levels without the merc losing stats and HP? I remember reading patch notes that suggested we can level mercenaries from any level without a loss in stats. Just wondering if anyone has investigated and noticed a difference.
Description by ExplodeSheep

Can be used to make Runewords:

Can we now switch mercenaries at higher levels without the merc losing stats and HP? I remember reading patch notes that suggested we can level mercenaries from any level without a loss in stats. Just wondering if anyone has investigated and noticed a difference.

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I think so but have not checked myself. Be sure not to forget to unequip him first. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Yeah. Hirelings aren't Pokemon.

Again, don't forget to unequip.
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
I think so but have not checked myself. Be sure not to forget to unequip him first. :)
Fortunately Blizzard has thought along here and a prompt is popping up, if your actual merc carries any item. If you switch to the new merc anyways, these items are lost.

It works, I tried it out :)

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Yes, you can.

Any merc you get later on will now start 1 lvl below your char and will have the same stats as one that you bought earlier and subsequently leveld to the same point from lvl 1.

The stats have also now been normalized across difficulties so you can buy them on norm, nm or hell and get the same thing. With the exception being that normal A2 mercs just don't offer the nm auras (hell selection now offers both).

But as others have stated..don't forget to save your gear before you switch them out. :)
OP
So where did Blizzard confirm the HP and damage will be the same?

I just switched my Act 2 mercenary in Nightmare. Both are Level 35. The merc from Normal had 510 hp and 42-58 damage. The merc from Nightmare has 430 hp and 38-54 damage.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
ExplodeSheep wrote: 1 year ago
So where did Blizzard confirm the HP and damage will be the same?

I just switched my Act 2 mercenary in Nightmare. Both are Level 35. The merc from Normal had 510 hp and 42-58 damage. The merc from Nightmare has 430 hp and 38-54 damage.

Blizzard wrote:
Updated each stat/skill gains in each difficulty to match so that there is no disadvantage of leveling up a Hell difficulty mercenary versus a Normal difficulty mercenary
Patch 2.4 patch notes, listed for each merc.

And back then, it did work (tested to be sure). So if you really do see different values now, I guess that's just another thing they broke again. Unless you ended up going with a diff merc/different gear/some other valid explanation.
OP
Same level Act 2 merc without any gear (both
Prayer
mercs too). Blizz probably broke it in the latest patch.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Well...ugh

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...