Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   368 views

Description

Hi,

I caved in and got a second copy of the game (so that I have some meaningful mule space). Running it on two computers is really cumbersome.

I found this entry how to start the game multiple times: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... unts/60546

Does anyone have any experience with this approach? Could this get your accounts suspended?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

I caved in and got a second copy of the game (so that I have some meaningful mule space). Running it on two computers is really cumbersome.

I found this entry how to start the game multiple times: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... unts/60546

Does anyone have any experience with this approach? Could this get your accounts suspended?

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
Short answer? Yes, it's a possibility. However..
Is it allowed? It would seem that yes, multiboxing is allowed.
Blizzards reasoning for any of this being so muddy? Unknown to me.

This is a highly debated topic. You will never get a truly definitive answer on this, all you can do is research to the point where you either feel comfortable doing it, or decide not to.

TOS wise; It would seem running multiple instances on different accounts is OK. (Though everyone links to a WoW terms page on it. It is likely Blizzards same stance with D2R. Some blue's on their forum have also motioned towards this.) https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258
They have also apparently changed their Korean TOS from not allowing, to allowing 3 Bnet accounts open on the same "platform". I can't find any other regions with this restriction (Didn't dig too deep though.) I have read that this change was possibly related to a governmental change as well.
https://kr-battle-net.translate.goog/su ... r_pto=wapp

They are very against any sort of automation whatsoever.

Now you are touching the .exe with process explorer, so it starts to get a bit grey there. But as far as I know, without VM's and other third-party, this is the only way to run multiple clients. (I think previously, in original D2 they were not very happy with this? Could be wrong. I got spanked for multiboxing way way back, got a few accounts tagged and popped with CD
Key
temp bans. But I think it was purely due to the process I was using, I was lazy and using third party tools to actually launch. It may have even been plugy.. ) If they could just nip this issue out, it would ease a lot of peoples minds. I bet they would immediately sell a lot more accounts! It would make it much easier and clear like they have with WoW.

Blizzards wording on the subject is intentionally vague. I believe this is to allow them to have the highest amount of "control" over the situation in terms of taking action if needed or changing their minds. Also may be an attempt to reduce the amount of interpretation/manipulation of their rules through blatant loopholes.

Though being so vague always leaves a large discussion in it's wake, with everyone throwing their own opinions around.. Never getting a concrete answer. Kind of like what you are getting with my response!

Personally I have started using this method on my laptop since I have multiple mule accounts now. I got lazy after I ran out of room on my first mule account and decided to give it a go. I haven't exactly been doing it all that long but it seems many people have. (Though, I'm still currently paranoid enough that I don't use my main account(s) on my laptop when it is multiboxing. Like you, I have two computers available.)

The actual closing of that handle doesn't seem to be tripping warden, however this is speculation. It could be flagging without action.

My personal stance on this is that I am not using any automation at all and I feel somewhat safe doing this due to that. I close the handle while opening my games and from there on everything in game is completely and utterly manually controlled by myself.

So, this is my experience with it, my opinion, interpretation, and a very small portion the researching I did. I'm still quite tentative. I can't actually recommended it due to not being able to assure anything. However, I am not personally against it.

You're going to need to do some digging yourself I suppose. If you don't come to a position of comfort, just stick with your two computer process.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation