3 replies   645 views

Attached item screenshots file size is not limited

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Device: Applies to service as whole
Browser:

Steps to reproduce:
Just add a huge photo, no problemo detected.

Anything else to add:

Trade offers screenshots are supposed to be screenshots, cropped screenshots
> When uploading a screenshot, make sure it's cropped to exactly the dimensions of the item's tooltip in-game - no need to see anything else outside of this. You can paste directly from the clipboard when making a new trade, or drag the image into the editor, or upload it manually. See the next post by Udyret for instructions if you need them.

And apparently some people, like member/A.DaSilva89/ are uploading PHOTOS of their screens, in this case 3024x4032 huge photos in which you can literally see the physical pixels of his screen.

You should limit filesize of those attachments. There's no need for 4k images for screen snippets.
If those images are stored on your servers, then you have to overpay for something that should be 1/50 of it's filesize.
Just look on this offer in particular:
trade/all-res-jewels-t1041313.html
I have 600 Mb connection, and it actually took time to load those photos in. I guess that it's actually consuming your upload bandwidth... Multiply by X offers and Y users browsing them - you have a reason for your website to feel unresponsive.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: Applies to service as whole
Browser:

Steps to reproduce:
Just add a huge photo, no problemo detected.

Anything else to add:

Trade offers screenshots are supposed to be screenshots, cropped screenshots
> When uploading a screenshot, make sure it's cropped to exactly the dimensions of the item's tooltip in-game - no need to see anything else outside of this. You can paste directly from the clipboard when making a new trade, or drag the image into the editor, or upload it manually. See the next post by Udyret for instructions if you need them.

And apparently some people, like member/A.DaSilva89/ are uploading PHOTOS of their screens, in this case 3024x4032 huge photos in which you can literally see the physical pixels of his screen.

You should limit filesize of those attachments. There's no need for 4k images for screen snippets.
If those images are stored on your servers, then you have to overpay for something that should be 1/50 of it's filesize.
Just look on this offer in particular:
trade/all-res-jewels-t1041313.html
I have 600 Mb connection, and it actually took time to load those photos in. I guess that it's actually consuming your upload bandwidth... Multiply by X offers and Y users browsing them - you have a reason for your website to feel unresponsive.
Request fulfilledby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
Reduced to 4mb limit in 1.41.

Slapping me on discord might be faster.
I'm from Europe.

EnragedN3wb 187Moderator

PC
Moved to Feedback.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
This post was marked as the best answer.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
Related:
While I get the limit as a whole and def. agree with the "photos of screen = silly", the new limit may be a tad bit low for legit use cases in a world of high def gaming. Or rather, it introduces a hassle of downscaling pre-post (which depending on method obv. wrecks the quality).

Thinking back for example to the minimum smiter/gear discussions not too long ago, there is a valid case to be made for a screenshot that includes both, char screen (for stats) and open inventory. As is, at least on higher resolutions, including both in the screenshot exceeds the limit.

I know there's sites out there that take larger scale picture submissions and just automatically downscale them (with solid quality) to bring things into a standardized format and avoid it breaking layouts and whatnot. Just curious how much effort (or cost?) it would be to link into a service like that to handle larger screenshots here and if that may be worth it to avoid adding the manual effort for each justified larger picture submission.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...