Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   3638 views

Links to member profiles for members with the # character in their name don't link correctly

No data yet

Bug Report

Description

Device: Agnostic
Browser: Agnostic

Steps to reproduce: Clicking the link to a member name with the # character in their member name doesn't go to the correct member's page. Unsure if this generates an error or not, or does not trigger the bug if there doesn't exist another member name matching the string before the #. This can be seen at: pricecheck.php?item=920 for reproducing the bug.

Anything else to add: Clicking on member nobody#1191 (URL: member/nobody#1191) goes instead to member nobody (URL: member/nobody/#1191 - note the / added to the URL before the #). It's best seen at the above Price Check URL by clicking on nobody#1191 there. Thus, it doesn't seem possible to view nobody#1191's member page at all.

I don't think screenshots would add any value to this report, but please let me know if any further information would be helpful.
Description by undertow

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: Agnostic
Browser: Agnostic

Steps to reproduce: Clicking the link to a member name with the # character in their member name doesn't go to the correct member's page. Unsure if this generates an error or not, or does not trigger the bug if there doesn't exist another member name matching the string before the #. This can be seen at: pricecheck.php?item=920 for reproducing the bug.

Anything else to add: Clicking on member nobody#1191 (URL: member/nobody#1191) goes instead to member nobody (URL: member/nobody/#1191 - note the / added to the URL before the #). It's best seen at the above Price Check URL by clicking on nobody#1191 there. Thus, it doesn't seem possible to view nobody#1191's member page at all.

I don't think screenshots would add any value to this report, but please let me know if any further information would be helpful.
Fixedby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
Addressed this in 1.41 by removing ability to register with a username having a # sign in it, added notices/tooltips etc.

If you have a pound symbol in your username and are having trouble (Chrome seems to be particularly bad for this), just private message me and I can change your username np.

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
Addressed this in 1.41 by removing ability to register with a username having a # sign in it, added notices/tooltips etc.

If you have a pound symbol in your username and are having trouble (Chrome seems to be particularly bad for this), just private message me and I can change your username np.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...