Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   2968 views

Description

Hey y’all, so I was doing some research into potential builds and got some questions regarding the
Holy Fire
/shock auras.

So I understand auras stack, but apparently they double-stack. When you wear 2 dreams you get a level 30
Holy Shock
, and dual dragons and Hand of Justice gives you a level 44
Holy Fire
. For each the auras they are applied independently as if they were at max level.

So a tesladin’s radial damage is as if 2 level 30s were going and a dragondin’s is as if 3 level 44s were active…crazy

So my question is what happens if you gave your merc some of these items too. An act 5 merc could have dual Hand of Justice and a Dragon for his own for 3 level 50
Holy Fire
auras? How would that interact with a dragondins auras?

Would the max level take over all auras a la
Conviction
? Then being like 6 level 50s? And what would happen to the tic damage as the merc’s wouldn’t be synergized?

Or what? I just don’t know.

Anyone ever done this or able to test it?
Description by Nate

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 539

Switch
Hey y’all, so I was doing some research into potential builds and got some questions regarding the
Holy Fire
/shock auras.

So I understand auras stack, but apparently they double-stack. When you wear 2 dreams you get a level 30
Holy Shock
, and dual dragons and Hand of Justice gives you a level 44
Holy Fire
. For each the auras they are applied independently as if they were at max level.

So a tesladin’s radial damage is as if 2 level 30s were going and a dragondin’s is as if 3 level 44s were active…crazy

So my question is what happens if you gave your merc some of these items too. An act 5 merc could have dual Hand of Justice and a Dragon for his own for 3 level 50
Holy Fire
auras? How would that interact with a dragondins auras?

Would the max level take over all auras a la
Conviction
? Then being like 6 level 50s? And what would happen to the tic damage as the merc’s wouldn’t be synergized?

Or what? I just don’t know.

Anyone ever done this or able to test it?
those auras are useless on a merc, too weak without synergies

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP

Nate 539

Switch
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
But do the merc auras stack with your auras? The difference between a level 44 synergized aura and a 94 synergized aura would be pretty big, wouldn’t matter if the mercs’ were unsynergized
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
But do the merc auras stack with your auras? The difference between a level 44 synergized aura and a 94 synergized aura would be pretty big, wouldn’t matter if the mercs’ were unsynergized
no, the auras from different chars don't stack, the higher one is the one that applies, i.e. lvl 12 Infinity from merc
Conviction
neither stacks nor "works" when your pally has a 13 or above
Conviction
level.
And where the 94 aura comes from? Max you can reach is 44
Holy Fire
with dual Dragon and hoj

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
auras stack only on the same char. if you have a lvl16 aura and your merc a lvl17 aura of the same type on you, the lvl17 will be used and the lower one is useless.

if you have a lvl16 on a helmet yourself and a lvl17 on your shield you will have a lvl33 aura on you (example: Dream lvl15 on helmet + lvl15 on shield ---> lvl30 pulsing)

OP

Nate 539

Switch

And where the 94 aura comes from?
Yea sorry, I thought the auras from different sources would stack, so the 44 from the player, and a 50 from the merc - act 5 merc with 2 hoj and a Dragon… whoops that’s only 46 on the merc.

It makes sense not stacking from different sources, if not you could just get 8 players rocking the same aura and just walk around with everything dying.

😭 dreams of just walking around p8 with everything dying dashed…
Crispin wrote: 1 year ago
auras stack only on the same char. if you have a lvl16 aura and your merc a lvl17 aura of the same type on you, the lvl17 will be used and the lower one is useless.
if you have a lvl16 on a helmet yourself and a lvl17 on your shield you will have a lvl33 aura on you (example: Dream lvl15 on helmet + lvl15 on shield ---> lvl30 pulsing)
And this rule applies only for item-provided aurae. The same aura used as an active skill will not stack with those provided by items - only the highest level one (native or sum from items) will be active

And where the 94 aura comes from?
Yea sorry, I thought the auras from different sources would stack, so the 44 from the player, and a 50 from the merc - act 5 merc with 2 hoj and a Dragon… whoops that’s only 46 on the merc.

It makes sense not stacking from different sources, if not you could just get 8 players rocking the same aura and just walk around with everything dying.

😭 dreams of just walking around p8 with everything dying dashed…
Well, you still can just walk around and see things die in p1/2

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...