Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   12153 views

Has the 125 IAS breakpoint for Berserk with BAs been changed, or what is happening?

No data yet

Description

Hi guys. I've got a question about
Berserk
:

I have a WW barb that dumps all his remaining points into
Berserk
and synergies. My normal setup is: 400 31 Grief BA, Beast BA, Enigma, 40ed 8str Arreat's, Highlords, LoH,
String of Ears
, Gore Riders, Ravenfrost, Dual Leech. - That leaves me with 71 IAS on my main hand plus 29 from lvl 9
Fanaticism
Aura, so that should be a total of 100 IAS for my main hand while using
Berserk
. (Merc has Reapers, Andy and Fortitude)

While setting up for a max IAS dual BA Death build, I chose another Arreat's with IAS ED jewel and Nosferatu instead of
String of Ears
and figured that I could use this setup for maxing out 125 IAS for
Berserk
with Grief+Beast. (31 Grief, 20 LoH, 20 Highlords, 15 Arreat's, 10 Nosferatu and 29 from lvl 9
Fanaticism
aura should add up to 125.)

The "problem" is: Nothing changes. Tried adding an EBOTD BA on top instead of Grief, but still no faster attacks than with 100 IAS on my normal gear.

Has the
Berserk
IAS breakpoint for BAs been lowered? What is it that I am missing here?^^

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi guys. I've got a question about
Berserk
:

I have a WW barb that dumps all his remaining points into
Berserk
and synergies. My normal setup is: 400 31 Grief BA, Beast BA, Enigma, 40ed 8str Arreat's, Highlords, LoH,
String of Ears
, Gore Riders, Ravenfrost, Dual Leech. - That leaves me with 71 IAS on my main hand plus 29 from lvl 9
Fanaticism
Aura, so that should be a total of 100 IAS for my main hand while using
Berserk
. (Merc has Reapers, Andy and Fortitude)

While setting up for a max IAS dual BA Death build, I chose another Arreat's with IAS ED jewel and Nosferatu instead of
String of Ears
and figured that I could use this setup for maxing out 125 IAS for
Berserk
with Grief+Beast. (31 Grief, 20 LoH, 20 Highlords, 15 Arreat's, 10 Nosferatu and 29 from lvl 9
Fanaticism
aura should add up to 125.)

The "problem" is: Nothing changes. Tried adding an EBOTD BA on top instead of Grief, but still no faster attacks than with 100 IAS on my normal gear.

Has the
Berserk
IAS breakpoint for BAs been lowered? What is it that I am missing here?^^
i think u forgot to count the lvl 9
Fanaticism
with 31 ias on Grief u only need 13 ias more to reach 9 frames
OP
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
i think u forgot to count the lvl 9
Fanaticism
with 31 ias on Grief u only need 13 ias more to reach 9 frames
Nice. Thanks. So I won't need a
Ruby
jewel of fervor. Good news. =D

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
The thing about
Fanaticism
, much like
Burst of Speed
is that it isn't just flat IAS.

Yes, a zerker approach with BA would want 125 IAS to hit 9 frames.
Yes, lvl 9
Fanaticism
adds 29% attack speed.

The resulting IAS still needed however isn't 125 - 29 = 96 but is actually 44 because
Fanaticism
basically adjusts your IAS breakpoints down, allowing you to reach the same breakpoint targets with lower total absolute added IAS.

So yeah, between your Beast, Grief and Highlord's, you are already more than covered. The LoH is already entirely redundant in terms of the IAS.
Calculator I use is same as krathkor's
with fana without fana I never thought to use off hand weapon for boosting main weapon dmg. When I use dual weapon on my barb using single weapon dmg, then offhand is 6x
Lem
cb or 6x
Ist
cb.

Wouldnt it be better to use lets say botd as main hand, get 125IAS (arreat + 15IAS jewel, highlord, LoH,
Goldwrap
) with Grief on offhand boosting dmg even more than some 186% ED on fana (I am not 100% sure about Grief, if it boosts main weapon dmg) - or just wield dual handed weapon to boost even more dmg - if there is any weapon with 125frames.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
Wouldnt it be better to use lets say botd as main hand, get 125IAS (arreat + 15IAS jewel, highlord, LoH,
Goldwrap
) with Grief on offhand boosting dmg even more than some 186% ED on fana (I am not 100% sure about Grief, if it boosts main weapon dmg)
Grief's +dmg gets rolled into the weapon damage for calculation. It hence only applies to Grief itself (well, or things like
Smite
which don't technically use the weapon but count +dmg from it) but it would not boost the dmg of a different mainhand weapon.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
The thing about
Fanaticism
, much like
Burst of Speed
is that it isn't just flat IAS.

Yes, a zerker approach with BA would want 125 IAS to hit 9 frames.
Yes, lvl 9
Fanaticism
adds 29% attack speed.

The resulting IAS still needed however isn't 125 - 29 = 96 but is actually 44 because
Fanaticism
basically adjusts your IAS breakpoints down, allowing you to reach the same breakpoint targets with lower total absolute added IAS.

So yeah, between your Beast, Grief and Highlord's, you are already more than covered. The LoH is already entirely redundant in terms of the IAS.
Thank you. That sums it up nicely. =) Haven't been using Beast before. Tested p8 cs seal runs and trav with every ba combination of Grief, Beast, ebotd and edeath for a while. Grief+Beast performed a lot better than dual Grief setup because of the faster
Berserk
breakpoint and AR. Not sure about Last Wish ... Don't want to give up Act 2 Might Reaper merc and Highlords+Gore+Gface+Death is already 100% CB and DS for much less.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation