Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   1335 views

Description

I've been practicing rushing people, and I'm down to about thirty minutes, but I keep having to walk people from
Arcane Sanctuary
to
Tal Rasha's Chamber
because we keep running into a situation where the individuals being rushed can't take my portal to the chamber with the orifice.

I've told people to talk to
Drognan
after assembling
The Horadric Staff

I've tried having people wait by the waypoint in
Arcane Sanctuary
until
The Summoner
is dead, and I've tried having people stand nearly on top of
The Summoner
until dead.

When it comes time to take my portal, they still can't.

The people getting rushed are either not doing what they are asked, or I am missing something.

Can people who do rushing or just know this issue please give me a little help!?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been practicing rushing people, and I'm down to about thirty minutes, but I keep having to walk people from
Arcane Sanctuary
to
Tal Rasha's Chamber
because we keep running into a situation where the individuals being rushed can't take my portal to the chamber with the orifice.

I've told people to talk to
Drognan
after assembling
The Horadric Staff

I've tried having people wait by the waypoint in
Arcane Sanctuary
until
The Summoner
is dead, and I've tried having people stand nearly on top of
The Summoner
until dead.

When it comes time to take my portal, they still can't.

The people getting rushed are either not doing what they are asked, or I am missing something.

Can people who do rushing or just know this issue please give me a little help!?

moot11 117

Americas PC
I do a lot of rushes and I can't say i've seen this problem. I alway have people come right to
The Summoner
before I kill him.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Taking a TP to canyon or tombs is not about talking to
Drognan

When you rush someone through to
Duriel
, you need to get them down into
Arcane Sanctuary
: Go in, find Summoner, open a TP for your rushee to take near him. Do not kill him until your rushee is down there and close to him (within about 2 screens). That way they get credit for the kill and will afterwards be able to take TPs into canyon and tombs as well. If you kill him without them there or with them too far away, they will not and you need to walk.

ShadowHeart 1789Moderator

Europe PC
Schnorki's got it - the rushee needs to be close enough when
The Summoner
dies. Also, if the rushee dies, they should stay on the Death screen until
The Summoner
is dead.

In all (I think) rushes I've taken part of (or done myself), the rushee talks to both
Drognan
and someone else in town after the staff has been assembled, and doing that allows using a TP into
Arcane Sanctuary
(for
The Summoner
), but I've never been quite sure what the requirement actually is to be able to use a TP into
Arcane Sanctuary

The one thing I've always wondered myself is what triggers the situation where
Jerhyn
hides behinds his guards so that once
Duriel
is dead, the only way to talk to
Jerhyn
is by accessing him from the back, via the palace cellar. It doesn't happen in all rushes, it's fairly rare in my limited experience, but I would be curious to know what actually causes that.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
The one thing I've always wondered myself is what triggers the situation where
Jerhyn
hides behinds his guards so that once
Duriel
is dead, the only way to talk to
Jerhyn
is by accessing him from the back, via the palace cellar. It doesn't happen in all rushes, it's fairly rare in my limited experience, but I would be curious to know what actually causes that.
This is prevented by having the Rushee talk to
Drognan
after the Viper Temple quest but before you go into
The Arcane Sanctuary
. If you go into
The Arcane Sanctuary
before the rushee has talked to
Drognan
, the palace guard won't move away from the palace entrance.

Europe PC
pyropy wrote: 1 year ago
If you go into
The Arcane Sanctuary
before the rushee has talked to
Drognan
, the palace guard won't move away from the palace entrance.
Ahhh, thank you for clearing that up!

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Further, if the guard does block
Jerhyn
, you don't have to
Teleport
into harem.

All you have to do as the person being rushed is walk up to the palace entrance, far as you can before the guard cuts you off and NOT click
Jerhyn
Jerhyn
will then come walking towards you until he is in range to talk to him without actually being allowed inside.
If you click him while he is still walking though, he stops walking and you do need a TP down.

Europe PC
Nice to know that little trick, Schnorki, if one does encounter this problem :)

Gotta talk to Cain after killing
The Summoner
for your TP to be used. Or at least that's what I've found in my hundreds of rushes.
OP
Thanks for the help folks. I'll try again later.
OP
So, I finally had the opportunity and the time to again rush someone. The rush did not go according to plan.

I made sure that someone talked to
Drognan
after cubeing up
The Horadric Staff
, but before I opened portal to
Arcane Sanctuary
. I still got the bug or whatever where
Jerhyn
hides behind the guards.

I made sure everyone being rushed was on the platform with
The Summoner
before being killed. I then made sure everyone got the waypoint in
Canyon of the Magi
. The people being rushed, none of them, could take my portal back to
Canyon of the Magi

I'm posting this update in the hopes someone might come up with something else I am not doing right because this nonsense is the only reason I can't start rushing people more often in at least Normal.
So, this may not be very helpful, so sorry in advance if that's so. I've never rushed anyone and have only ever been rushed once; I've just played through the game a billion times because I actually enjoy the leveling experience.

Anyway, in terms of Act II silliness, there's a few times the game will ask you to talk to
Jerhyn
. The first is actually after you kill Radamant,
Atma
tells you to talk to
Jerhyn
when you turn in her quest. He is capable of giving you the 6th quest on the log at that point.

Well, if you're doing quests in order, that point in the game is obviously LONG before you go to
The Arcane Sanctuary
. So, the game brings
Jerhyn
outside for that conversation.

Thus, if you keep having issues getting him to leave the castle to talk to people, you may try running
Radament
for them so they can talk to
Atma
and trigger
Jerhyn
's emergence for that turnin. I'm sure they'll thank you for the skill book anyway.

Combine this with the above advice and I bet you'll get your solution!

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
OP
That would add only like a minute or so to a Normal rush, and the shenanigans with
Jerhyn
and
The Summoner
is taking way longer than that so that might surely be a way forward.

Thanks.

As far as it goes, I also like the experience of normally playing the game. I'd just like to be able to rush others without these issues when the mood strikes, you know?
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
So, I finally had the opportunity and the time to again rush someone. The rush did not go according to plan.

Drognan
after cubeing up
The Horadric Staff
Arcane Sanctuary
Jerhyn
hides behind the guards.

The Summoner
Canyon of the Magi
Canyon of the Magi

I'm posting this update in the hopes someone might come up with something else I am not doing right because this nonsense is the only reason I can't start rushing people more often in at least Normal.
If somebody from your group or even outside of your group went into
Arcane Sanctuary
before
Drognan
advanced the quest after the Viper Temple, then the palace won't be open. I do lots of rushes and lots of self rushes and since I found out what causes it, I've never had that happen again whereas I used to have it happen all the time because I was going too fast.

Not everyone has to be on the platform to get
The Summoner
quest. You just need 1 person who has the quest active to be there. The others can wait back in town in the same act and they'll still be awarded the quest. Same thing with all kill quests except for the Ancients. You have to be present for that one to get the quest reward. But you can skip the Ancients quest and then have someone in your party get awarded the
Baal
quest to advance you to the next difficulty level. This is how you can get a level 1 character into hell difficulty.

After your rushee's go back to town from the Canyon WP, they need to talk to a townsfolk before they can take your TP.
Atma
is the easiest to use since she's right on the way to where the TP's spawn.
OP
If somebody from your group or even outside of your group went into
Arcane Sanctuary
before
Drognan
advanced the quest after the Viper Temple, then the palace won't be open. I do lots of rushes and lots of self rushes and since I found out what causes it, I've never had that happen again whereas I used to have it happen all the time because I was going too fast.
That makes some sense as there was one person just kind of roaming about so wouldn't be surprised if they went to
Arcane Sanctuary
before we even got the amulet.
Not everyone has to be on the platform to get
The Summoner
quest. You just need 1 person who has the quest active to be there. The others can wait back in town in the same act and they'll still be awarded the quest. Same thing with all kill quests except for the Ancients. You have to be present for that one to get the quest reward. But you can skip the Ancients quest and then have someone in your party get awarded the
Baal
quest to advance you to the next difficulty level. This is how you can get a level 1 character into hell difficulty.
I don't know what went wrong, but I just had one of the people being rushed check, and they got credit for the mission so I don't know what to think.
I have done many rushes and also being rushed many times.

Regarding not to be able to get into portal after
Arcane Sanctuary
. Happens quite a lot. (I would clarify this situation: summoner quest is successfully accomplished, rushee get access to canyon WP, but cannot enter any portal from that point forward)

Someone told me that you have to talk to someone before certain situation - so I always tell ppl to talk to guys (
Drognan
, cain, jerhyr), while I am searching for next item on the list.

I think (from my experiences) it has something to do with proper timeline order - as Winterkill said.

To avoid this bug you dont have to kill
Radament

Jerhyr being inside is just bummer, but make TP in palace is easy and fast fix - thx schnorki for advice I will try it next time this happens.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

M1ck 331

Europe PC
The person being rushed needs to be by
The Summoner
when he is killed. Not right next to him, but fairly close by the bottom of the stairs is fine. Even if you die in the process.

I do socket quest often on my spare account, ran into this problem to begin with.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Drognan
after cubeing up
The Horadric Staff
Arcane Sanctuary
Jerhyn
hides behind the guards.
Did you yourself go down beforehand though? It isn't about the portal/them coming down. You yourself (or literally anyone) going down there before all the town-talking is done results in blocking. About 98.9% certain of that being the trigger at least..never specifically tested it but the Pattern seemed clear after hundreds, if not thousands of rushes from both perspectives over the years.

A typically easy way to avoid all of that is to change the order. Do amulet before staff. That way, your rushees have all the time in the world to talk to folks post-viper while you still tele down maggot lair.

The Summoner
Canyon of the Magi
Canyon of the Magi
Did they talk to anyone in town after summoner? Cuz if not..that'd do it. :)
Open portal to summoner (nearby) -> wait for at least 1 person who needs the quest to be down there with you -> kill him -> have them open book, go to town and talk to someone -> all set.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Agree with pyropy. Do not enter arcane and make a tp until the rushee has finished the rest of the quests and talked to townsfolk. Personally I talk to multiple of them to be safe.

For
The Summoner
, they do not have to be on his platform. Dangerous. They can be down the stairs or even out on the pathway that leads to him.

Frequent townspeople interaction should eliminate the problem. I haven’t had the tp failure in a long time, unless arcane was entered prematurely.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...