diablo2.io is supported by ads
2914 replies   377970 views

Description

Description by Darq

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC
aaabbbccc666 wrote: 1 year ago
Man i ask about proof to possibility get one on gambling. Ask many player in many topic "Hwo get on gambling griffon ?" Never noboady can say that.
Define "proof"? Can't provide a video or anything (at least not from me..who knows what YouTube may have to offer) but generally speaking, the ability to gamble a griffon's by gambling coronets is common knowledge and has happened to countless people plenty of times.

There's 2 factors playing into it:
- Upgrading to
Diadem

- Rolling Unique

The unique roll for gambling is generally a set 1 in 2000 or 0.05% chance, not affected by any magic find or any other such factors.
"Generally" because you do still need to meet the ilvl requirements. Because gambling ilvls are in a range that is based on your own level, the "real" odds for a
Diadem
rolling unique start a bit lower as your "roll high enough ilvl odds" still matter.

Beyond the unique roll, you need the gambled
Coronet
to actually roll an upgrade to
Diadem
which is in itself a variable chance, depending on your char lvl.

Basically, odds of gambling a griffon's = odds of upgrading to
Diadem
* odds of rolling unique

Theoretically, you can gamble a griffon's from as early as lvl 80 I believe it was though the odds are abysmal because both factors are still reduced (upgrade due to low lvl, unique due to "low ilvl roll = literally can't roll unique"). Come 89, the ilvl would be sufficient to roll unique no matter what, meaning you hit the 1 in 2000 chance for unique and stay at those odds up through 99. The odds of upgrading to a
Diadem
are still only around 2.2% though, leaving you with real odds of roughly 2.2% * 0.05% = 0.0011% or about 1 in a bit over 90k. As you continue to lvl, the odds of upgrading to a
Diadem
move up to about 5.5% best-case at lvl 99 which then yields about 5.5% * 0.05% = 0.00275% or roughly 1 in 36k (all rounded).

For "proof" or just general reference, see any drop calc that includes gambling (e.g. maxroll). Or most gambling reference material.
Thanks for the explain here, Schnorki!

I always try to get videos where I can, as I know screenshots could easily be staged, but swear on my Honor as a Nephalem that I gambled that Griffons. Only happened for me thanks to infinite gold though, as I normally just gamble rings and amulets. Probably won't ever gamble another one of those bad boys, unless Blizzard brings the holiday buff back a couple more times :)

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Deleted User 63530 0

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
aaabbbccc666 wrote: 1 year ago
Man i ask about proof to possibility get one on gambling. Ask many player in many topic "Hwo get on gambling griffon ?" Never noboady can say that.
Define "proof"? Can't provide a video or anything (at least not from me..who knows what YouTube may have to offer) but generally speaking, the ability to gamble a griffon's by gambling coronets is common knowledge and has happened to countless people plenty of times.

There's 2 factors playing into it:
- Upgrading to
Diadem

- Rolling Unique

The unique roll for gambling is generally a set 1 in 2000 or 0.05% chance, not affected by any magic find or any other such factors.
"Generally" because you do still need to meet the ilvl requirements. Because gambling ilvls are in a range that is based on your own level, the "real" odds for a
Diadem
rolling unique start a bit lower as your "roll high enough ilvl odds" still matter.

Beyond the unique roll, you need the gambled
Coronet
to actually roll an upgrade to
Diadem
which is in itself a variable chance, depending on your char lvl.

Basically, odds of gambling a griffon's = odds of upgrading to
Diadem
* odds of rolling unique

Theoretically, you can gamble a griffon's from as early as lvl 80 I believe it was though the odds are abysmal because both factors are still reduced (upgrade due to low lvl, unique due to "low ilvl roll = literally can't roll unique"). Come 89, the ilvl would be sufficient to roll unique no matter what, meaning you hit the 1 in 2000 chance for unique and stay at those odds up through 99. The odds of upgrading to a
Diadem
are still only around 2.2% though, leaving you with real odds of roughly 2.2% * 0.05% = 0.0011% or about 1 in a bit over 90k. As you continue to lvl, the odds of upgrading to a
Diadem
move up to about 5.5% best-case at lvl 99 which then yields about 5.5% * 0.05% = 0.00275% or roughly 1 in 36k (all rounded).

For "proof" or just general reference, see any drop calc that includes gambling (e.g. maxroll). Or most gambling reference material.
u have right offcourse when you ask about definition of proof. This is not proof but i only think thats details on screenshoot are characteristic and i dont think somebody can have so big obssesion to make fake screenshoot to show it on forum. But you are right. This is not proof...
Rest of your post its nothing new for players... You can find this mechanism explain in many places in internet ,but still
i Asking many times in topics about gamblings ,i gambling a lot myself ,i add screenshoots on my results and never nobady tell that he gambled griffon.
I Ask again Hwo gambled griffon ? If somebody tell yes we can start talk...... Because still are many questions.
Hwo gambled griffon in d2r online/battlenet ???????

Deleted User 63530 0

Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for the explain here, Schnorki!

I always try to get videos where I can, as I know screenshots could easily be staged, but swear on my Honor as a Nephalem that I gambled that Griffons. Only happened for me thanks to infinite gold though, as I normally just gamble rings and amulets. Probably won't ever gamble another one of those bad boys, unless Blizzard brings the holiday buff back a couple more times :)
again. i think you say true ofc. Why lie?
So my past 2 gaming sessions, each lasting about 2 hours long or so, have set a new personal record for getting lucky.

Last night, I found an SOJ and a
Death's Web
at 49/2 both in the Terrorized
Icy Cellar

Then today, literally while a buyer was in the middle of contacting me for the
Death's Web
, I found a Griffon's in
Baal
's Throne Chamber (Non-Terrorized). I haven't identified the Griffs yet as I'm still debating on whether or not I should sell it unidentified and continue to use the -18 ELR I already recently traded for (4 days ago, in fact!)

And actually, these past 4 days, in general, have been really great so far. In this time span I have found:

----------

26 Mara's

27 Mara's

130 Def
Shako

4 so
Mancatcher

Skin of the Vipermagi

Gheeds 40 MF

War Trav that are better than the ones I was using (think it's like 41 or 43 MF now)

-----------

I posted on this thread 4 days ago, where my luck started with finding the 41 Life Martial Arts GC in the
Far Oasis
. MF is 170, sometimes 270, depending on what I feel like tossing on that day.

I feel like Santa Clause is in my game.

Deleted User 63530 0

sorc torch.
Sorry. I don't have any pictures, but I just got my second
Jah
rune of D2R!

I was running someone through Hell in Act II trying to get them some extra experience for Ancients when all of a sudden they wanted to stop and trade. I thought it was weird so sent a message that I didn't need anything for payment and certainly not a
Jah
, but they told me it had dropped from trash. I knew something had dropped, but I had missed it when they snatched it up for me so it wouldn't be lost.

The luck here isn't so much the
Jah
, but that the player was such an awesome person.

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
Jah
rune of D2R!

I was running someone through Hell in Act II trying to get them some extra experience for Ancients when all of a sudden they wanted to stop and trade. I thought it was weird so sent a message that I didn't need anything for payment and certainly not a
Jah
, but they told me it had dropped from trash. I knew something had dropped, but I had missed it when they snatched it up for me so it wouldn't be lost.

Jah
Kharma is a beautiful thing.

Nate 542

Switch
Looks like this week has been good to ppl!

I had been grinding a whole lot to get a 4os
Blade Bow
to help level my bow-necro, finally found one in cows so thought I’d do a
Baal
run. This is offline players 7 with 179 mf on my javazon.

The second trash mod in the wsk dropped a unique
Caduceus
… I saw it and was thinking “no f-Ing way!!!” Then my wife walked in and was like “why do you have that look on your face?”

(I calm myself down) “sorry honey, was just thinking about something weird” - non players just won’t understand, this is like 1 in 3 million chance to drop.

She went back to her stuff and I went back to town and had Cain id it, all the damages were about average but the skills rolled +4…

Ahhhhh, thank gawd!

Oh yea and
Baal
dropped a
Boneflame
that same run, but it was anti-perfect, I count that as just as ‘lucky’ as a perfect one…
Jah
rune of D2R!

Jah

Jah
I kind of hope not... was not really that much of a good person way back. >_<

Necrarch 1664Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Jah
rune of D2R!

Jah

Jah
I kind of hope not... was not really that much of a good person way back. >_<
The good news is that as long as you're alive you can go to a better version of yourself. The bad one is that you can also get worse :D

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Ok, so my luck streak keeps on going. Yesterday I found a 49/2
Death's Fathom
, an SOJ, and a Griffons (still haven't ID'ed), and today I had a
Jah
room drop.

Truly, when it rains it pours!!!

Edit: Sorry, probably more fun to mention where you get these drops. I found it in the
City of the Damned
, Terrorized.

Which is funny because, originally, I had forgotten that it had entire groups of light immunes I can't break with my light sorc (this is NL, so no sunder). So I decided to leave, obviously, but on my way out, one of the non-light immunes got killed by a stray CL bolt and boom, there it was!
I bought D2R during the Black Friday sale and got two Windforces three days apart doing pit runs. I was so happy with the first find because my other character is an amazon and she couldn't even use it yet! But two Windforces! I played LoD for 4 years and only managed to find 1
Windforce
on thousands of
Pindleskin
runs.

I don't think this luck (and feeling) can be topped in the rest of my D2R days.
Next up,
The Grandfather
!
Snape75 wrote: 1 year ago

Death's Web
Icy Cellar

Death's Web
, I found a Griffon's in
Baal
's Throne Chamber (Non-Terrorized).
Two words, lottery ticket.

Go, buy one now and congrats on your ridiculous luck!
Tey_Rossa wrote: 1 year ago
Snape75 wrote: 1 year ago

Death's Web
Icy Cellar

Death's Web
, I found a Griffon's in
Baal
's Throne Chamber (Non-Terrorized).
Two words, lottery ticket.

Go, buy one now and congrats on your ridiculous luck!
If only it worked that way! Though now my superstitious brain is tickled.

In any case, ty!
fryevia wrote: 1 year ago
I bought D2R during the Black Friday sale and got two Windforces three days apart doing pit runs. I was so happy with the first find because my other character is an amazon and she couldn't even use it yet! But two Windforces! I played LoD for 4 years and only managed to find 1
Windforce
on thousands of
Pindleskin
runs.

I don't think this luck (and feeling) can be topped in the rest of my D2R days.

Windforce1.png

Windforce2.png

Next up,
The Grandfather
!
That's RNG for ya! Congrats!!!
Just dropped my second
Jah
in a week from Trav!
Got my first ever forget-what-it's-called-all-uniques drop. They're all junk, but still pretty cool.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
This was a couple of weeks back,
I returned to play after a couple of months break. Now with a toddler around so playtime is next to zero.

I found a
Sur
rune and thought I’ll go for farm for an Infinity and deck my lightning sorc.

After a week of luck with HRs I’ll had my Infinity but was missing an Griffon,
Sweet found in Chaos, Also found 2 Light skillers same night.

Then I thought, hey psn necros are cool, but they really need the weapon to take off,
Found a couple of days later :).

I’m happy switching my Hammerdin to my newly geared lightning sorc ;)

Do you know anything about Hackers?
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
stopped cowing/csing and boss runs etc after no luck and made a trav horker.
in 2 days ive found more hr's than my entire time playing lod and d2r up to this point.

in the last couple of days non terrorised i have found 2
Pul
Mal
Gul
Vex
Ohm
Lo
Ber
Jah
Cham

items were all trash except a bk4 but...
while terrorised i managed 2 70% sunders, light and poison! the rest were
Charsi
food high 80%'s

the light sunder sold for 2
Lo
... i regret not making this barb sooner.
some were spent and a few facets i forgot about, only 2 perfs the rest 3/3 and 5/4's ppl dont want but damn this place is a gold mine!

If you have an offer on an item i am selling please post it in the correct trade thread.
Only add me to bnet if your offer is accepted.

acting like a tool gets you squelched

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation