Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   3474 views

Description

I recently built a Tesladin (NL) which I've always wanted some form of auradin. However he doesn't have max res yet and his AR is seemingly pretty bad at around a 70% chance to hit most enemies in hell.

Gear currently consists of dual Dreams, Highlords, Verdungo's, Dual leech ring and
Raven
, Gores, LOH, Grief, Enigma and CTA/Spirit on swap.

I have a few questions, mainly about charms and what is considered decent to keep especially for melee characters. I plan to try and trade for some good charms but not really sure what is considered decent as I'm new to the "Charms market". Obviously I need AR charms, maybe some res and FHR charms but not sure what %'s are considered decent rolls and what pairings of stats are good to look for. Are there any kinds of other charms to look for?

Second question, should I keep pumping Vit (at around 400+) or start pumping into dex for hit chance? Currently level 88.

Last question, I eventually want to be able to run Ubers, I assume Fort would be Ideal but what base should I build it out of,
Archon Plate
or something else? any other gear that might be needed for ubers other than whats listed?

Thanks for reading and advice in advance.
Description by Blindfire187

Can be used to make Runewords:

I recently built a Tesladin (NL) which I've always wanted some form of auradin. However he doesn't have max res yet and his AR is seemingly pretty bad at around a 70% chance to hit most enemies in hell.

Gear currently consists of dual Dreams, Highlords, Verdungo's, Dual leech ring and
Raven
, Gores, LOH, Grief, Enigma and CTA/Spirit on swap.

I have a few questions, mainly about charms and what is considered decent to keep especially for melee characters. I plan to try and trade for some good charms but not really sure what is considered decent as I'm new to the "Charms market". Obviously I need AR charms, maybe some res and FHR charms but not sure what %'s are considered decent rolls and what pairings of stats are good to look for. Are there any kinds of other charms to look for?

Second question, should I keep pumping Vit (at around 400+) or start pumping into dex for hit chance? Currently level 88.

Last question, I eventually want to be able to run Ubers, I assume Fort would be Ideal but what base should I build it out of,
Archon Plate
or something else? any other gear that might be needed for ubers other than whats listed?

Thanks for reading and advice in advance.

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
angelic amu+ring for AR?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Some Tesladin use Faith merc for more AR. Yeah another
Jah
and
Ohm
!

Fine small charm of vita give 3 max dmg, 20 AR, 20 Life but it is expensive.
Steel small charm of vita 36 AR, 20 Life is cheaper if you are not too rich or don't care about physical dmg :P

Relax and have fun!
i use act 2 merch with
Blessed Aim
to my Dream Pala (level 95 atm), works fine for boosting the attack rating. But i do not use Enigma, i use Fortitude on both characters. there u allso have som boost to the all resistance. i use
Charge
to move around faster, and an Insight on my merc for mana so it does not drain. That works for me and my playstyle. an oh, i allso have some small charms that helps me with attack rating. hope that this info might help u a little.

keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the Ground.
I use my Tesladin to run
Travincal
like crazy. I can do it without Merc. I would suggest pumping Dex to increase Chance to Hit and Chance to block. As for charms, 3 Max 20 AR 7 MF are Top tier, but crazy expensive. For Ubers you need COH but pre-buff with Treachery. I’ve done over 1200 runs at Trav, and let me tell ya, it pays A LOT
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Some Tesladin use Faith merc for more AR. Yeah another
Jah
and
Ohm
!

Fine small charm of vita give 3 max dmg, 20 AR, 20 Life but it is expensive.
Steel small charm of vita 36 AR, 20 Life is cheaper if you are not too rich or don't care about physical dmg :P
A 3/20/20 woupd be great but yea to expensive. Probably go with 36/20 or can you get 5 All ress or 5 FHR together or with attack rating?

As for Faith, I'm kind of poor now, having only
Ohm
and 2
Vex
and still need something better than Enigma like a Fort or COH. Eventually, hopefully, I can make a Doom and run Might Merc, the
Holy Freeze
would be helpful I think and eould like to stack more aura's.

~Necrarch
OP
Hallsingland wrote: 1 year ago
i use act 2 merch with
Blessed Aim
to my Dream Pala (level 95 atm), works fine for boosting the attack rating. But i do not use Enigma, i use Fortitude on both characters. there u allso have som boost to the all resistance. i use
Charge
to move around faster, and an Insight on my merc for mana so it does not drain. That works for me and my playstyle. an oh, i allso have some small charms that helps me with attack rating. hope that this info might help u a little.
I may run
Blessed Aim
Merc until I get more AR, with a reapers toll. Eventually I want a Doom and Might Merc though. My Merc currentlt has an
Eth
Fort and (non
Eth
) Andy's with
Ral
. May pump Dex some to gain AR and trade for some charms. As for running Enigma, thats only because I don't have COH or Fort yet. I can maybe trade for a
Lo
and have a 40's AP (not sup) so hopefully soon. Is
Archon Plate
besr armor for a Fort on Tesladin?

~Necrarch
OP
LarsVonAllen wrote: 1 year ago
I use my Tesladin to run
Travincal
like crazy. I can do it without Merc. I would suggest pumping Dex to increase Chance to Hit and Chance to block. As for charms, 3 Max 20 AR 7 MF are Top tier, but crazy expensive. For Ubers you need COH but pre-buff with Treachery. I’ve done over 1200 runs at Trav, and let me tell ya, it pays A LOT
why COH over Fort? I can probabpy max my resists out with having Fort and the 300%Ed would be nice too. At the moment I may barely be able to afford getting a Fort but COH is for sure out of reach.

As for Travs I have a Pit/Zerker i use. Although despite being fun, honestly I have HORRID luck getting anytging good off travs. probably have done around 1000-1200 runs and have gotten 2 ists worth of stuff..maybe.

~Necrarch
why COH over Fort? I can probabpy max my resists out with having Fort and the 300%Ed would be nice too. At the moment I may barely be able to afford getting a Fort but COH is for sure out of reach.

As for Travs I have a Pit/Zerker i use. Although despite being fun, honestly I have HORRID luck getting anytging good off travs. probably have done around 1000-1200 runs and have gotten 2 ists worth of stuff..maybe.
[/quote]

Welp, COH most likely caps your All Res without the need of a great Anni/Torch, or a decent roll on your Dream Shield. Besides, it gives you that sweet 8% DMR and a little bit of replenish life. The 20 Strength is useful to go Max Vita against Ubers. You still get 200ED, albeit only against Demons. Have to admit, I’m quoting the Maxrollgg guide of the Tesladin variant against Ubers. https://maxroll.gg/d2/guides/dream-paladin

Feelsbad for your Trav luck. In my 1300~ runs I’ve dropped:
Cham
Jah
Sur
Ohm
Vex
Gul
, a SOJ a PComb Skiller with 31 Life (sold for
Ohm
in game) and other bases, gear and skillers that were traded for aprox an
Ohm
Vex
total. RNG is a cruel mistress
Did you calculator hit chance % yourself? The lying character screen is not giving you an accurate number. You use
Conviction
aura right? That alone plummets monster defense. If you're still missing often you just need to be a higher level.
Hi. I just made mine tesla and share some... Build with Enigma,
Bone Visage
10%, ST 45 res. For everyday play is super, enough dmg and tele, really nice. Try merc lightning, fire, everything works. So I go Ubers... and mef just smashed me like shi... Menage to kill
Baal
and diablo but mef... pure masacra. My thoughts: dragondin is cheaper and more powerfull. Don't use eni for ubers, only forti! I have 7400 ar - it sucks. Use
Demon Limb
and cast
Enchant
first on Ubers or merc with
Blessed Aim
, it's very important. Don't take reapers toll, Dream has
Confuse
a will be overcast it, same draculas grab.
Blindfire187 wrote: 1 year ago
A 3/20/20 woupd be great but yea to expensive. Probably go with 36/20 or can you get 5 All ress or 5 FHR together or with attack rating?
You can get +AR prefixes together with suffixes 5FHR or Life or MF.

Relax and have fun!
OP

Welp, COH most likely caps your All Res without the need of a great Anni/Torch, or a decent roll on your Dream Shield. Besides, it gives you that sweet 8% DMR and a little bit of replenish life. The 20 Strength is useful to go Max Vita against Ubers. You still get 200ED, albeit only against Demons. Have to admit, I’m quoting the Maxrollgg guide of the Tesladin variant against Ubers. https://maxroll.gg/d2/guides/dream-paladin

Feelsbad for your Trav luck. In my 1300~ runs I’ve dropped:
Cham
Jah
Sur
Ohm
Vex
Gul
, a SOJ a PComb Skiller with 31 Life (sold for
Ohm
in game) and other bases, gear and skillers that were traded for aprox an
Ohm
Vex
total. RNG is a cruel mistress
[/quote]

I have an 18 res anni, 14 (I think) on torch, Dream
Helm
has 18 res, shield has 54 or 56 can't remember. Currently have max fire, almost max lightning, and around 20-30 something poison and cold res and still have 1
Anya
quest to do. I think with Fort even lowest roll I would have max res on all. maybe just need 1 or 2 all ress sc's. Plus he isn't solely for ubers and want him to be useful other areas and thats why I want Fort. Just making sure there wasn't a major reason for using COH for ubers.

Also on Travs, sometimes so much drops that I can't see everything as it just doesn't show up on screen, is there a way to eliminate this problem or filter out potions and/or gold as I coupd just be missing drops.

~Necrarch
OP
Primordial wrote: 1 year ago
Did you calculator hit chance % yourself? The lying character screen is not giving you an accurate number. You use
Conviction
aura right? That alone plummets monster defense. If you're still missing often you just need to be a higher level.
I have been looking at the char chart. Also lowering monster defenses also increases your chance to hit? I thought that just made your attacks hit harder. I'll have to check how often I hit, mostly have been doing
Baal
runs and just hit level 88 last night so haven't run much other stuff. I'll probably have to get some AR charms.

~Necrarch
I try to have space in char to pick up gold. I also take a lot of potions like crazy to get them out of my way. Still, my runes are sub 90 seconds. I do believe there is a Mod for online that it is not a problem in the eyes of Blizz, it filters out a lot. Would need to investigate more.
OP
Johny82PL wrote: 1 year ago
Hi. I just made mine tesla and share some... Build with Enigma,
Bone Visage
10%, ST 45 res. For everyday play is super, enough dmg and tele, really nice. Try merc lightning, fire, everything works. So I go Ubers... and mef just smashed me like shi... Menage to kill
Baal
and diablo but mef... pure masacra. My thoughts: dragondin is cheaper and more powerfull. Don't use eni for ubers, only forti! I have 7400 ar - it sucks. Use
Demon Limb
and cast
Enchant
first on Ubers or merc with
Blessed Aim
, it's very important. Don't take reapers toll, Dream has
Confuse
a will be overcast it, same draculas grab.
I read from several people that Tesladin is overall stronger than dragondin. As for meph, well I was a bit worried about that but several people have said they could do it, maybe needs some specific gear swaps, not sure. Also, I have already made the Tesladin and have dual dreams. I plan to get Fort (or COH) when I can and am just running Enigma until I do, just wasn't sure which was more advised.

Thanks for the input.

~Necrarch
OP
I try to have space in char to pick up gold. I also take a lot of potions like crazy to get them out of my way. Still, my runes are sub 90 seconds. I do believe there is a Mod for online that it is not a problem in the eyes of Blizz, it filters out a lot. Would need to investigate more.
My runs are around 1:00-1:15. I'll probably just have to consume potions to clear up visual space.

~Necrarch
In Diablo, all defense does is dictate chance to hit. it has no bearing on damage reduction (which typically exist as special modifers on items, IE
String of Ears
). The damage formula uses your attack rating, the monsters defense, and your level vs their level to calculate hit chance. Removing defense form the equation helps your chance to hit considerably (but doesnt guarantee it!)

I will say I also have a tesladin on NL and it is a lot of fun to run around and whack stuff. I dont use it for strict MF much so I dont worry too much about the attack rating, but when using it for ubers I definitely stack attack rating charms as it makes a huge difference. The last 5 or so levels I was even stacking dexterity as my life was at a point where it was good enough
I have a tesladin on NL. when i did ubers i equipped Grief, CoH, dracs,
Gore Rider
, highlord's,
Raven Frost
and bul-katho's. Tesladin can definitely do ubers even without merc (he wont last a sec)
OP
drostealth wrote: 1 year ago
In Diablo, all defense does is dictate chance to hit. it has no bearing on damage reduction (which typically exist as special modifers on items, IE
String of Ears
). The damage formula uses your attack rating, the monsters defense, and your level vs their level to calculate hit chance. Removing defense form the equation helps your chance to hit considerably (but doesnt guarantee it!)

I will say I also have a tesladin on NL and it is a lot of fun to run around and whack stuff. I dont use it for strict MF much so I dont worry too much about the attack rating, but when using it for ubers I definitely stack attack rating charms as it makes a huge difference. The last 5 or so levels I was even stacking dexterity as my life was at a point where it was good enough
Didn't know that thanks. I'll still want more AR but seems less critical. My life, with CTA is almost or around 3k and still have a to do 2 of the A3 quests. so probably pump some dex and life for the next few levels.

~Necrarch

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation