Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   1671 views

Description

if you want to craft an 80 ilvl item, does that mean your found item must be of that ilvl?
or you can craft on a ilvl 1 item a lvl 88 items?

and does your character level affect the crafting, or just your ability to use it?

it seems in gambling your char level does make a difference.

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
if you want to craft an 80 ilvl item, does that mean your found item must be of that ilvl?
or you can craft on a ilvl 1 item a lvl 88 items?

and does your character level affect the crafting, or just your ability to use it?

it seems in gambling your char level does make a difference.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Relax and have fun!
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
been lookin for it! thanks

OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
holy crap-a-molly,
is there a google translate for that guide?

from what i understood, the character level does make a difference, and obviously the drop level of the monster which is the ilvl.

and the further they are above 70 something you get 100% of affixes.

as in 4 max.

that's what i got.
correct me if i'm wrong.

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Let's assume that you want to craft AND you want to gamble for your base (whatever it is: gloves, amulets...).

For Caster Amulets the level to be is 93 or more, to be sure that if you are unlucky with your iLvl roll when gambling you can still get the +2 skills.

For other recipes it's différent : tell us which one(s) you wanna use and I guess someone can tell you the right time.

Notice : at the moment, high level crafting bases can also be found in TZones. I am level 91 on my main and I know that any TZone found amulet will be ilvl 93+ so sure to work for caster amulets.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
that would mean the only monsters that can drop it are bosses?
all the high lvl mobs are 85.

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
What do you want to craft ?
If you want caster amulets, +2 all skills of a class is a level 90 affix.

I'll assume that from here but there are more interesting recipes (
Blood Gloves
typically).

So you need your crafted amulet to be at iLvl 90 or more.

Crafted amulet's iLvl is given by this formula :

crafted_Ilvl = int(clvl/2) + int(base_ilvl/2)
Take care, that means that both your character level and base items's ilvl will be rounded DOWN so odd numbers do not help here.

Two options to get a valid base :
- Gambling
- Finding

If you gamble, you can get items between clvl - 5 and clvl + 4

So to be sure that 100% of your gambled amulets can be crafted with iLvl 90+, you need :

int(clvl/2) + int(clvl -5/2) >= 90.
This works from character level 93. --> From 93+, use gambling, finding is way more annoying :) It's perfect ams and rals that will be your limiting factor, not gold.

Finding :
Let's assume your clvl is 90 (if more no issue). then int(clvl/2) is 45. Then you need your int(base_ilvl/2) to be at least 45 as well, so your base to be at least iLvl 90. I think this can only happen in TZones, as you noted, as anywhere else max is 85 (to be checked?). Even Diablo or
Baal
don't provide iLvl 90.

In TZones iLvl is your clvl +2. (I will ignore champions/uniques here : there iLvl will be higher, but checking that they did drop in middle of their packs is tougher, you don't want to use unsure bases to craft).

Hence :
- At level 90 :
Crafted_ilvl = 45 + 46 (90/2 + 92/2) = 91 OK !
- At level 89 :
Crafted_iLVL = 44 + 45 (89/2 + 91/2 rounded down) = 89 Failure. :(

=> In TZones, you need to be at least level 90 to be sure that the amulets you drop are with the right iLvl. Just take care of Act bosses, I think they behave differently.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
first, thanks so much for the detailed explanation.
I just don't understand why it needs to be 90+? if the website you gave says it needs to be 71? copy pasted from there:
Random Affixes
On top of the fixed properties, a crafted item receives 1-4 random affixes, depending on Ilvl,

Ilvls 1-30: 4 affixes (20 %), 3 affixes (20 %), 2 affixes (20 %), 1 affix (40 %)
Ilvls 31-50: 4 affixes (20 %), 3 affixes (20 %), 2 affixes (60 %)
Ilvls 51-70: 4 affixes (20 %), 3 affixes (80 %)
Ilvls 71+: 4 affixes (100 %)

are you saying that ilvl of 90 and me 93 for example can guarantee the 91 result, thus always giving me +2 to skills?

and i'm just trying to craft some
Blood Ring
with good affixes.
to grant me some life steal from my javi, and more affixes. also for amulet that has similar effect

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
iLvl 71+ will indeed guarantee more (in numbers) affixes. So the 3 default properties + 4 other random ones.

However each affix has its own iLvl. +2 all skills for a class on an amulet is a level 90 affix, so when you want to craft amulets (blood or caster) --> see above.

For rings, it's not the same, and I am not sure of the proper values, please refer to the guide for that, but as far as I remember they are lower. Anyway, the logic is the same : you have to check the level of the affix you need.

--> Actually the answer is here:
misc/blood-ring-t3840.html

The best affixes (incl. 6ml) come at level 86. So you need your crafted iLvL to be at 86. As we are on even numbers like 90 above, you can just transfer all values with reducing by 4 : at level 89 you're safe to gamble/craft, at level 86 you can get them in TZones. Not sure for non TZones, but would not take the risk if I were you.

Annihilus
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
ok that means if i want "of the Lamprey" the ilvl should be 77? of the ring...

also what are group? i couldn't find any reference of it besides the numbers of the group. i understand its just that you can't get affixes out of that group you rolled.

ShadowHeart 1763Moderator

Europe PC
I think "group" simply refers to groups of similar affixes, i.e. that grant the same type of bonus but of different value.

So, for example, there's one "group" of affixes that grant +X to all resistances;
Shimmering (+3-7%)
Rainbow (+8-11%)
Scintillating (+12-15%)
Prismatic (+16-20%)
Chromatic (+21-30%)
(for rare/crafted rings, only the first 2 are possible)

So a crafted item can never have more than 1 of these at the same time, because they are in the same "group" (grant the same type of bonus, just of different value).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
ok that means if i want "of the Lamprey" the ilvl should be 77? of the ring...

also what are group? i couldn't find any reference of it besides the numbers of the group. i understand its just that you can't get affixes out of that group you rolled.
Correct, iLvl 77 or more on the final ring would allow it to roll that affix.
Shadowheart gave the right explanation for groups - but don't bother with that for crafting. Just know there are some groups that can't appear on some stuff if not unique (e.g. you never find all res on gloves /
Boots
/
Belt
).

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...