Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   1818 views

Source for offline Character files (Holy Fire Paladin)

No data yet

Description

Hey,
I'm playing D2 since LoD but never thought about tools to create offline Character.

In this ladder I decided to hunt for the items to make a
Holy Fire
Paladin, but since I got my first
Sur
and
Lo
, I'm not so sure about the investment. I'd like to test an offline char before ging all in. :D

Does anybody have a offline Character file to share or a good advice for an easy to understand tool?

Thanks in advance

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey,
I'm playing D2 since LoD but never thought about tools to create offline Character.

In this ladder I decided to hunt for the items to make a
Holy Fire
Paladin, but since I got my first
Sur
and
Lo
, I'm not so sure about the investment. I'd like to test an offline char before ging all in. :D

Does anybody have a offline Character file to share or a good advice for an easy to understand tool?

Thanks in advance

Schnorki 3184Moderator

PC
Easy to understand is relative. The runewizard char editor works but feels a tad convoluted (admittedly, I never used it for anything other than getting my SP sunders), the oldschool hero editor can take a while to fully understand and allows for a lot of ways to break stuff along the way. Plus for that one, you need an LoD base file, rather than D2:R.

If this is just a one off for you, it may not be worth the learning effort so if you wanna instead create a maxroll d2planner layout (or just a list) of the gear you're looking for, I should be able to turn that into an actual character file for you to play around with.
OP
Hi Schnorki,
this is a really generous offer, but please say if it takes too much effort or time to make one character.
I used google and found some information on hero editor, but it didn't seem to be something to just try out and be happy with the result. -.- ... as you said.

I'd be really happy if you could help me out with this one char:
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/1z0106o9

Thank you very much for your help!

Schnorki 3184Moderator

PC
All good. I'll take a look at it later tonight, just got a couple things to take care of here first.
I made a
Holy Fire
paladin this season and I'm super happy with it.
Here is my almost exact build I have right now: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/7s010653
It's super mindless farming with extreme high single target damage and an insane aoe fire aura, that one or two shots enemies (not Venom lords :P)
The one thing you should be mindful about is the sound of a rune dropping, or sounds of drops in general :D
The fire aura covers almost 2 screens, hence why you should take one or two steps of a detour or listen for drops, just to be sure.

PC | Europe | Non-Ladder and Ladder | Softcore
This build is good. Now better with sunder charm.
In cow, the aura damage from Hoj + 2 Dragon is better than the aura damage from Hoj + Dragon + 2 Dream :D

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
This build is good. Now better with sunder charm.
In cow, the aura damage from Hoj + 2 Dragon is better than the aura damage from Hoj + Dragon + 2 Dream :D
Yea, also if you
Concentrate
on one damage type you can stack the -res to enemies accordingly, to maximize the use of the sunder charm, and it should also result in more damage overall. :P

PC | Europe | Non-Ladder and Ladder | Softcore

Schnorki 3184Moderator

PC
Thetameter wrote: 1 year ago
Hi Schnorki,
this is a really generous offer, but please say if it takes too much effort or time to make one character.
I used google and found some information on hero editor, but it didn't seem to be something to just try out and be happy with the result. -.- ... as you said.

I'd be really happy if you could help me out with this one char:
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/1z0106o9

Thank you very much for your help!
Alright, here ya go.

Added some tokens for you as well, just in case.
I do believe I matched pretty much all of the detail-stats though there is a lot of them so forgive me if something is off by 1 somewhere. Most of my templates start out perfect so I had to adjust down to match.
Also, I totally forgot just how annoying rares were to create..ugh..oh well, worked out in the end. ^^

Enjoy!
HoJdin.zip

(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Alright, here ya go.

I do believe I matched pretty much all of the detail-stats though there is a lot of them so forgive me if something is off by 1 somewhere. Most of my templates start out perfect so I had to adjust down to match.
Also, I totally forgot just how annoying rares were to create..ugh..oh well, worked out in the end. ^^

Enjoy!
Thank you so much!
I just tried a Cowlvl and CS run and its really great to see how this character has to be played. This really helps me.

And sorry for the greedy rare ring... thought a dual leech ring might be the way to go... didn't expect it to be that annoying to make. Sorry -,-

About the
Holy Fire
Pala:

Thanks for your input, any advice is welcome! :)

My first expirience with this build opens up some room for discussion:

1. Is Leech useful on this Build? I felt like the phys damage is so low that it does not help much, when I jumped into a group in CS.... took 3 pots for the whole run.

2. Do I need a CoA with -10 fire res? Really not sure about this one... maybe more MF for Terrorzones would be of more use, if the killspeed against fire imunes does not slow down by much?
--> since this build has many fixed itemslots, I feel like I have to use CoA to cover my res and damage reduction. A
Shako
is nice, but I'd definitely need an
Um
rune in there.

Hope you guys enjoy your builds while I struggle for the runes :D

Schnorki 3184Moderator

PC
Thetameter wrote: 1 year ago
Alright, here ya go.

Enjoy!
Thank you so much!
I just tried a Cowlvl and CS run and its really great to see how this character has to be played. This really helps me.

And sorry for the greedy rare ring... thought a dual leech ring might be the way to go... didn't expect it to be that annoying to make. Sorry -,-

About the
Holy Fire
Pala:

Thanks for your input, any advice is welcome! :)

My first expirience with this build opens up some room for discussion:

1. Is Leech useful on this Build? I felt like the phys damage is so low that it does not help much, when I jumped into a group in CS.... took 3 pots for the whole run.

2. Do I need a CoA with -10 fire res? Really not sure about this one... maybe more MF for Terrorzones would be of more use, if the killspeed against fire imunes does not slow down by much?
--> since this build has many fixed itemslots, I feel like I have to use CoA to cover my res and damage reduction. A
Shako
is nice, but I'd definitely need an
Um
rune in there.

Hope you guys enjoy your builds while I struggle for the runes :D
To 1: I would say no. Partly because your phys dmg is so low but mostly because you hardly ever really touch stuff long enough to leech, even if you had worthwhile dmg. Most mobs blow up with you just walking past (-> no leech) bosses still die fairly quickly, in just a handful of swings (-> also no real leech). The damage you take is mainly just adding up from lower hits along the way. What I would do in that build (personal opinion) is to get a point in
Redemption
for life recovery. The amount of mobs you kill along the way is massive so that's more than sufficient. And with you just switching to it every once in a while to recover, you're not losing anything with turning off conv for a sec because you can time it onto your run-gaps where conv wouldn't apply to anything yet anyways. Hell, normal mobs die off-screen already anyways, thanks to the HF range being so ridiculous..no point in conv on those as is.

To 2: In a min/maxed world, you'd want -195 res stacked up, just to
Cap
dmg vs. immunes. But you're not gonna make it there anyways as a pally so..mweh. 20 from HoJ, 30 from a max conv vs. immunes leaves prior immunes at still 45 res left. If you get a -15 res head, that's a relative 27% more dmg done against those which is fairly big. With -10 (your CoA), you're at 18% relative dmg increase. Any other head with just one facet would be around 9%. Since +skill does nothing for your item aura based dmg (assuming you still keep conv at the 150
Cap
), -res is really the only truly worthwhile way to go for dmg here. Personally, I'd probably look at working in something like a 3-sock/30frw
Diadem
with 3 fire facets. That not only gives you the highest aura dmg boost but it gives you a hefty bit of run speed which isn't bad for a build that doesn't have Enigma. Given, you do have
Charge
but that's actually "too fast" on occasion and has you zipping by before you get enough ticks for the kills. Solid high run instead makes for a very relaxing experience. Flickering is obviously also an alternative as it'd free up your fire res charm slots again, thanks to the aura on it. The rest is kind of pointless though.
OP
To 1: I would say no. Partly because your phys dmg is so low but mostly because you hardly ever really touch stuff long enough to leech, even if you had worthwhile dmg. Most mobs blow up with you just walking past (-> no leech) bosses still die fairly quickly, in just a handful of swings (-> also no real leech). The damage you take is mainly just adding up from lower hits along the way. What I would do in that build (personal opinion) is to get a point in
Redemption
for life recovery. The amount of mobs you kill along the way is massive so that's more than sufficient. And with you just switching to it every once in a while to recover, you're not losing anything with turning off conv for a sec because you can time it onto your run-gaps where conv wouldn't apply to anything yet anyways. Hell, normal mobs die off-screen already anyways, thanks to the HF range being so ridiculous..no point in conv on those as is.

To 2: In a min/maxed world, you'd want -195 res stacked up, just to
Cap
dmg vs. immunes. But you're not gonna make it there anyways as a pally so..mweh. 20 from HoJ, 30 from a max conv vs. immunes leaves prior immunes at still 45 res left. If you get a -15 res head, that's a relative 27% more dmg done against those which is fairly big. With -10 (your CoA), you're at 18% relative dmg increase. Any other head with just one facet would be around 9%. Since +skill does nothing for your item aura based dmg (assuming you still keep conv at the 150
Cap
), -res is really the only truly worthwhile way to go for dmg here. Personally, I'd probably look at working in something like a 3-sock/30frw
Diadem
with 3 fire facets. That not only gives you the highest aura dmg boost but it gives you a hefty bit of run speed which isn't bad for a build that doesn't have Enigma. Given, you do have
Charge
but that's actually "too fast" on occasion and has you zipping by before you get enough ticks for the kills. Solid high run instead makes for a very relaxing experience. Flickering is obviously also an alternative as it'd free up your fire res charm slots again, thanks to the aura on it. The rest is kind of pointless though.
To1:
I guess you are right. I dropped every leech and CS was as smooth as before... This means that I will need a ring with All Res + Fire Res + Stats, because nothing else really helps. And my not so perfect items and charms will leave some gaps in my res anyway :D
for my skills I will drop any phys dmg bonus (
Zeal
synergy) and go for
Redemption
instead.
--> Testing it with an actual char is so helpful. ;)

To2:
I switched the
Crown of Ages
for a
Peasant Crown
and CS felt not much slower than before. I gueass the 2 fire facettes will be important for Terrorized CS to keep the speed up, but otherwise a
Harlequin Crest
is the boring best choice for mfing... as always for the last 20 years -.-
Your numbers for the damage boost are actually interesting. I will definitely go for the -10 fire res CoA, since I don't see any value in Flickering Flame for any Paladin. this RW helps a sorc very much to cover res, get skills and a low str -fire res source. A Paladin covers res with his shield base and LoH quite good and does not get anything from the +3 fire skills... and the -fire res can be a bad roll, which makes the RW worse than a CoA with 2 facettes.
My impression:
--> Go
Crown of Ages
with 3 fire facettes for all res, dr, -10 fire res, +6 to 10 fire dmg for maximum damage build.
--> Go
Harlequin Crest
with
Um
or fire facette or PT for mfing.

New 3: What about the Merc?
Many people say you don't need one and if you are rushing around with
Charge
thats true. I got another idea:
Use an Act1 Cold Merc with Harmony to boost your running speed and have fun zealing on anything strong enought to survive your aura.
I learned from my FoH Paladin that these Mercs do good dmg with some ias and
Conviction
, so it should even help with single target damage against fire imunes. You don't need this to play, but it seems to make your life even easier. :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation