Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
It appears they are pretty common. I just found two more, a fire and cold Sunder. At this pace I'll be handing them out in free stuff games.
They're very common but how many perfect ones have you dropped so far? 'Cause that's the central idea of their drop rate. I've gotten close to two hundred sunder charms, and I've only gotten one -70%
Flame Rift
It's a cool incentive to keep grinding.
With what I'd estimate is easily 100+ sunders by now...not a single one! :D
Luckily, enough other folks are far more successful at finding perfect rolls so I could at least buy the ones I wanted.

Though I believe the point of the relatively high drop rate isn't "perfect for everyone!" but "sunder for everyone, fast!", seeing how the whole argument behind them was to make
Terror
zones accessible to non-hammerdins, effectively making them an essential, core balancing aspect and something that should (when following that logic) be quickly and readily available to everyone.
That's what I find odd. I've ran quite a few TZs without find a one, and then just like that I found four Sunders yesterday in little more than 2 hours. As for perfect rolls, I had always assumed a higher number is better, and then I'm told by a member that my 75% lightning is better than my 82% lightning. Then right after I went on to find a fire and cold Sunder, but I can't test any of them because I'm playing a physical build.

Edit: I just dropped on on the last few minutes of an
Outer Steppes
TZ and got another Fire Sunder. That makes 5 in less than 24 hours.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
the sunder puts a negative corresponding -ve elemental resist so the lower it is the better, the worst ones are those that are the 80's to max 90 (ouchies)

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Schnorki: With what I'd estimate is easily 100+ sunders by now...not a single one! :D
Luckily, enough other folks are far more successful at finding perfect rolls so I could at least buy the ones I wanted.

That's what I find odd. I've ran quite a few TZs without finding a one, and then just like that I found 4 Sunders yesterday in little more than 2 hours. As for perfect rolls, I had always assumed a higher number is better, and then I'm told by a member that my 75% lightning is better than my 82% lightning. I'm going to need to do some more reading to find out what the facts are.

Then right after I went on to find a fire and cold Sunder, but I can't test any of them because I'm playing a physical build. :D

If anyone would like to trade a physical sunder for any of my elemental ones, let me know.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Schnorki: With what I'd estimate is easily 100+ sunders by now...not a single one! :D

That's what I find odd. I've ran quite a few TZs without finding a one, and then just like that I found 4 Sunders yesterday in little more than 2 hours. As for perfect rolls, I had always assumed a higher number is better, and then I'm told by a member that my 75% lightning is better than my 82% lightning. I'm going to need to do some more reading to find out what the facts are.

Then right after I went on to find a fire and cold Sunder, but I can't test any of them because I'm playing a physical build. :D

If anyone would like to trade a physical sunder for any of my elemental ones, let me know.
Don't have a phys sunder left atm, sorry.

Regarding your needed info though:
You were told correctly. 75 is better than 82.

Sunders have 2 effects. One is the actual sunder ("xyz immunity is sundered"). That effect is the positive one you want. All it does is take a mob that is immune to the stated element, remove the immunity to that element for you, your pets and summons and instead put the mob at 95% resistance to the same element. That is always 95, no matter what the number on the sunder charm is. You can then reduce that 95% further with your other gear (such as taking it down to 90 with a -5% facet of the matching element). That 95% is true for all 6 damage types/sunder charms.

The second effect ("xyz resist -XX") is a negative effect to yourself that you don't want but you pay as a price to deal with immunities. That negative resistance is applied to your character. So if you have say 160 fire resist and you use a -90 fire sunder, you are suddenly down to only 70 fire resist. With a -70 fire sunder you would only lose 70, leaving you at 90 fire resist instead of 70. So here, a smaller negative number is better. You can easily test that by moving a sunder of any of the 4 elements you see res for on your char sheet out of your inventory, looking at your res and then moving it back into your inventory. Your res will go down. All but the physical sunders work that way, ranging from 70-90 for the 4 main elements and 45-65 on magic ones. Physical works the same way but is phrased differently in that it doesn't reduce your resistances but instead increases your damage received by 10-20%. Regardless of the phrasing though, a smaller number is still better.
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
So far for my current build I don't see any use for a Sunder Charm. Though I have full resists, with a fast hard hitting Strafezon resists become less important because LL keeps your health up.
Magic Arrow
breaks physical immunity, but it also requires more IAS to be really effective.
Strafe
requires only about 80 IAS to reach its maximum but
Magic Arrow
fires at standard speed. It still works but not as quickly as I would like. I figure once I get a Highlord's that should speed things up a bit.

If you need an elemental Sunder, I have two lightning, two fire, and one cold. So let me know and I will hand one over.

According to my experience so far, i guess the chance for an elite pack to drop a sunder is something like 1:100.

All Sunders i got so far were dropped from elite packs or bosses, though. Maybe thats because champion packs drop only gold a lot of times.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
So far for my current build I don't see any use for a Sunder Charm. Though I have full resists, with a fast hard hitting Strafezon resists become less important because LL keeps your health up.
Magic Arrow
Strafe
Magic Arrow
fires at standard speed. It still works but not as quickly as I would like. I figure once I get a Highlord's that should speed things up a bit.

If you need an elemental Sunder, I have two lightning, two fire, and one cold. So let me know and I will hand one over.
I used to think that way and was fully expecting for my NL phys bowzon to keep going with
Magic Arrow
for phys immunes, rather than bother with a sunder. After testing it in SP though..I've actually changed my mind. Phys sunders are still nowhere near as good as the elemental ones (not even close) but they do perform better than I would've expected on paper. Keeps up with
Magic Arrow
, if not even beating it slightly, while at the same time freeing up a handful of skill points again.
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Magic Arrow
Strafe
Magic Arrow

I used to think that way and was fully expecting for my NL phys bowzon to keep going with
Magic Arrow
for phys immunes, rather than bother with a sunder. After testing it in SP though..I've actually changed my mind. Phys sunders are still nowhere near as good as the elemental ones (not even close) but they do perform better than I would've expected on paper. Keeps up with
Magic Arrow
, if not even beating it slightly, while at the same time freeing up a handful of skill points again.
At the rate Sunders' have been dropping for me (5 since last night), I should eventually trip onto one and then I can test. On my NL Zon,
Magic Arrow
can drop almost any immune in a matter of seconds thanks to fantacism. On ghosts/spectres it's about two or three hits and with
Penetrate
it takes those behind as well.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...