Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   10289 views

Does anyone know some tricks to force kind of super-low settings on PC?

No data yet

Description

I've been searching it for a while, can't help that I feel I'm missing something and there is some way to do it.
I'd like to run D2R on rather crappy laptop, just to manage my stash, swap items between chars and trade stuff while being in town. I have pretty nice desktop PC but most of the daytime it is occupied by my wife as it's her workplace and I don't want to interrupt 😁
Currently I've managed to get to "connecting to battle.net" splash screen but then it crashes.
Got any experience?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been searching it for a while, can't help that I feel I'm missing something and there is some way to do it.
I'd like to run D2R on rather crappy laptop, just to manage my stash, swap items between chars and trade stuff while being in town. I have pretty nice desktop PC but most of the daytime it is occupied by my wife as it's her workplace and I don't want to interrupt 😁
Currently I've managed to get to "connecting to battle.net" splash screen but then it crashes.
Got any experience?

Open to counteroffers
english / polski / español
I prefer runes (
Fal
or higher) or
Perfect Amethyst

My time zone is CET

Don't forget to check my stash!
This is going to sound super basic, but I still mostly play using the old legacy graphics by pressing 'G.' I find the old graphics much less laggy to play on while using. I also noticed that playing with the remastered graphics vs. the old legacy graphics the environments look darker and more shaded (and it's harder to spot enemies) in the new graphics than vs. the old graphics. I also like the nostalgia of the old graphics and I don't have to look at some of the ugly remastered character models for some classes (Zon, Pally, etc).
OP
halflife wrote: 1 year ago
This is going to sound super basic, but I still mostly play using the old legacy graphics by pressing 'G.' I find the old graphics much less laggy to play on while using. I also noticed that playing with the remastered graphics vs. the old legacy graphics the environments look darker and more shaded (and it's harder to spot enemies) in the new graphics than vs. the old graphics. I also like the nostalgia of the old graphics and I don't have to look at some of the ugly remastered character models for some classes (Zon, Pally, etc).
Yeah, I'd love to try this, but cannot get to the point when switching to legacy is possible 😒

Open to counteroffers
I prefer runes (
Fal
or higher) or
Perfect Amethyst

My time zone is CET

Tanux wrote: 1 year ago
Yeah, I'd love to try this, but cannot get to the point when switching to legacy is possible 😒
Did you try to reduce the resolution of PC?

Relax and have fun!

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Open a game, hit escape, click options, and then video. Inside you will see a number of settings including resolution that will reduce the amount of data between your computer and Blizzard's servers. Start by setting everything to low and then look to see if it suits you. On a laptop you will have to try different resolutions. Start with 800X600 and then see how that works.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
If you're unable to get as far as the main menu (which is 1 screen past the "connecting to BNet" screen), you can press alt+enter at the "press any key to continue" screen which preceeds it to change the game from running in fullscreen to windowed mode. That may let you get as far as the main menu where you can change resolution settings, etc. in the Options menu.

There's a -w option for the additional command line arguments which does the same but starts when the game first launches if that doesn't work. To use that you'd need to click the gear next to the "Play" button on the Battle.net launcher, then select Game Settings, then check mark "Additional command line arguments" and enter -w in the box below it, then click Done. Note that this will launch the game in windowed mode every time from then on until you remove that parameter.

You may also try launching the game directly from it's EXE file by running \Battle.net\Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe where it's installed.

Otherwise, you may want to ensure that your video card drivers, and possibly also your network card drivers are up to date.

This probably isn't the issue, but just in case: there's an option to "Scan and Repair" when you click the gear next to "Play" to launch the game in the Battle.net launcher which will validate the game's installation files.

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
I wish you could start the game in legacy mode and go through the menus in legacy mode graphics, even though the UI is different... that would help me when I'm traveling and using my crap laptop!

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
you can always play the original legacy, i.e. the original d2
Throne of Destruction
, and transfer chars when using resurrected?

but i'm not sure it has all the new rune words

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
EMzx25 wrote: 1 year ago
I wish you could start the game in legacy mode and go through the menus in legacy mode graphics
I too wish this was available, and as a command line option. I'm pretty sure we're greatly in the minority here as far as feature requests :P
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
Throne of Destruction
This would work, though the imported characters would only be available for "offline" play (no multiplayer) in D2R.

Not sure if there are any other tools for this out there, but the new Hero Editor at d2runewizard (be sure to see the "known issues" section at the bottom) allows for exporting D2R characters into LOD format files if someone wanted to swap back and forth between LOD and D2R:
https://d2runewizard.com/hero-editor

If someone wanted to have a more compatable and/or modern experience with LOD, there's D2DX:
https://github.com/bolrog/d2dx

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
OP
Hi again guys, thanks for all of your input, I apprecciate it so much 👍
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Did you try to reduce the resolution of PC?
This one got me past b.net loading screen, then I'm getting crash in main menu in a few seconds.
Chili Pepper wrote: 1 year ago
Tl;dw lol. But I've managed to go through the post on reddit, which one this video is based on. Didn't help a bit though.
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
Open a game, hit escape, click options, and then video. Inside you will see a number of settings including resolution that will reduce the amount of data between your computer and Blizzard's servers. Start by setting everything to low and then look to see if it suits you. On a laptop you will have to try different resolutions. Start with 800X600 and then see how that works.
Unfortunately, I was using the lowest possible res already from the beginning.
undertow wrote: 1 year ago
If you're unable [...]
Tried it all before too. Also ran with -ns.
EMzx25 wrote: 1 year ago
I wish you could start the game in legacy mode and go through the menus in legacy mode graphics, even though the UI is different... that would help me when I'm traveling and using my crap laptop!
Yeah, that's pretty on point, feel you there 😕
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
Throne of Destruction
Sure, but it's not the thing I need. I could play d1 aswell (which I did a bit though lol).

I'm using another crappy pc at work. The issue there was, while I was being able to run game and access b.net, even on lowest settings it stuttered and lagged to the point of being unplayable. What DID help though, was setting resolution scale to 50% with fps threshold around 25% and turning off vsync. TBH the visuals get pretty interesting in that case giving a pixelart-ish output with some very retro vibes. The effect looks like a merge between resurrected and legacy mode and can't help it, but I started kinda liking it lol. And the game is running smooth af even on this super weak desktop with work-related software running simultanously, which I have to keep up. Here is how it looks:
Nevertheless, while I was able to turn this setting on on my laptop, all I've got was the crash a few moments later than before so I'm only getting to main menu with glitched graphics, without possibility to actually run the game. I'll try to show you screenshot later, cause it looks pretty acid 😁

Open to counteroffers
I prefer runes (
Fal
or higher) or
Perfect Amethyst

My time zone is CET

mhlg 840

Americas PC
It might help if we knew what was inside your Laptop. Could you follow this link and download CPU-Z, rune it and then post a screenshot of the CPU and Graphics tabs?

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...