Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   2131 views

Description

Hi guys, keep pondering if to respec, would you say blizz sorc or light sorc is stronger for end game farming? (with items not really being an issue)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi guys, keep pondering if to respec, would you say blizz sorc or light sorc is stronger for end game farming? (with items not really being an issue)
Blizz sorc is perfectly fine, her gear is a couple ists of worth. Her GG gear is a couple
Ber

Lightning sorceress will obliterate everything with the right gear, her gear will cost you several
Ber
, for real nice rolls 10+
Ber

The difference comes mainly from the clunky use of Blizzard which fails to hit stationary enemies more often than not.
Nova
sorceress will hit everything, all the time, several times per second. With
Energy Shield
invulnerability on top.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Yeah, im leaning towards light sorc now. Infinity with sunder charm is really op i imagine.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
If you're talking about endgame and items not being an issue then light sorc will outperform blizz any day. Yes, even with sunders.
Do you mean end game
Terror
Zone player 8 with sunder?
Damage focused or balanced between MF and damage?

Relax and have fun!
Just adding my voice to the choire: light sorc OWNS.
OP
MF obviously is important, but i want to max damage ideally... Trying to find the best build online, i like the idea of
Nova
On paper, there is not much different of damage per sec.
But light sorc has
Static Field
which is powerful on higher player count.
Blizzard has Casting Delay which is annoying and this skill is not easy to aim :P
My choice is for light sorc too.

Relax and have fun!
I vote light sorc if you can afford it.

My NL light sorc is absolutely devastating compared to my ladder cold sorc with sunder. Even in her MF gear she throws some insane pain. Also agree with the whole blizzard aiming and casting delay. If your going pure blizzard, it puts light sorc in a different ballpark in playstyle too.
I ended up going blizz/orb when I finally got a cold sunder to drop just to try and combat the casting delay and lack of real targeting a little bit... Also, dropping an orb perfectly in a boss hit box is satisfying.

Actually, come to think of it, I have to assume one would also need to take into account what your main plan for farming is? I hear blizzard just annihilates cows. Where as if I was
Terror
zone farming, I'd likely run my light sorc. As I am not fully specced blizzard, I couldn't 100% say how it would perform in P8 without the pack density and grouping of a area like cows in terms of efficiency.

For my light sorc MF set I run Tals ammy, chest and
Belt
. Rest is pretty standard light sorc kit.

If your not planning on Players 8, you're probably good to just run what you find more interesting/fun/have the ability to kit out. Pure cold sorc is seriously taking advantage of these sunder charms.
Lightning
Nova
sorceress with all the right gear (Griffon's, etc.) outperforms the Blizzard "sunder" sorceress any day, in any scenario (apart from doing Ubers, I guess?).

I have both (the Blizzard one is a ladder character) and even though it literally wrecks every single thing, its a lot slower in general, mainly because of the way Blizzard works (aiming, missing, all that). You don't have this with the
Nova
, you simply
Teleport
into a group of monsters and destroy them within seconds, then move on.

I also tried a
Frost Nova
build, but it was terrible, so I wouldn't recommend it one bit :D
OP
Thanks for the comments! I really appriciate all of them. and yeah I'm going to go for the light sorc! Now to decide on the base for Infinity.
DeityLink wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for the comments! I really appriciate all of them. and yeah I'm going to go for the light sorc! Now to decide on the base for Infinity.
I'd say go for a
Giant Thresher
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
I'd say go for a
Giant Thresher
I prefer
Eth
Mancatcher
personally

Necrarch 1619Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Eth
of course :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Self use
Eth
Scythe
to maximise the -Lightning Resistance

Relax and have fun!
Blizz sorc is not that great, IMO. A stronger build- that no one talks about- is Blizzard+
Frozen Orb
. It's what I am playing now. When I respecced from Blizzard to Blizzard+
Frozen Orb
, the increase in clear speed was huge.

Somehow, it still hasn't entered people's consciousness yet that shared casting delays were removed like nearly a year ago now. In this case, that means that Blizzard and
Frozen Orb
are each on their own casting delay timers now, and that you can use BOTH of these powerful abilities simultaneously!

The Blizzard+FO build sacrifices 15% to 20% of your blizzard damage to get a max level, fully synergized
Frozen Orb
attack that is actually powerful enough to rapidly clear many max level
Terror
zones all by itself. But of course, you don't use this
Frozen Orb
all by itself, you use it in a DPS rotation with Blizzard that looks something like
Blizzard ->
Frozen Orb
-> Blizzard ->
Frozen Orb
->
Frozen Orb
-> Blizzard ...

This dps rotation means that even though you lost 15% to 20% of your Blizzard damage, you still do way more damage overall, and you have WAY WAY better area coverage. Any enemies that sidestep Blizzard or just find a lucky shielded spot get mowed down by your
Frozen Orb

This build has relatively low gear requirements and it absolutely wrecks with nothing more than Tals full set, but you probably want to be a decent high level. The build is also very fun to play, way, way more fun than just Blizzard by itself.

This build is vastly superior to Blizzard sorceress is almost every way and it's incredible to me that no one talks about it.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I don't understand how you guys say single elemental build is fun when you deal with so much immunes in hell.

you are probably speaking of BiS builds, although I'm still not sure how cold immunes would break, as these are the highest in the game.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
I don't understand how you guys say single elemental build is fun when you deal with so much immunes in hell.

you are probably speaking of BiS builds, although I'm still not sure how cold immunes would break, as these are the highest in the game.
To a lot of folks, having to deal with those immunes is part of the fun.
Personally, I don't feel that way in endgame but while lvling and finishing up the last quests with no gear yet, I tend to quite enjoy dealing with immunes without having an actual 2nd element to take care of them. I.e. work around it with positioning/support for an equally ungeared merc.

That having been said, with sunders, it doesn't just apply anymore.

And for endgame without sunders, folks tend(ed) to just run those areas that simply don't have immunes against them. Or at least not enough to where your (then geared) merc isn't more than sufficient to clean them up in no time. CS as a cold sorc would be a good example. The only CI you have to worry about is de seis whom you can typically annihilate instantly with a telestomping geared merc, meaning you don't need to really deal with any cold immunes (the other mages you can just ignore). Or tunnels which tend to have no cold immunes whatsoever. For light, the whole thing is obviously a bit of a non-issue to begin with, seeing how Infinity breaks the vast majority of them. Fire...yeah, pure fire without sunder is just dumb imo ^^.

Even with
Terror
zones without sunders, from what I hear/can tell, most folks tend to run those zones suited to their (single-element) build and if the current zone isn't one of those, they (myself included) simply play a different character more suited to it or do something else entirely.

Essentially, rather than have a build that offers two elements but is worse at both, folks seem to prefer having a build that exceeds at one element and then simply pick and choose their play areas accordingly. I for one would agree with that because as annoying as it may be do run into a random group of immunes that stops you for a while after all, I'd be significantly more annoyed if I were permanently only farming at half speed because I blew half my skill points on a different tree that 98% of the time I don't even use.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation