diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   1896 views

Description

Edit:
as i found my
Gull
Dagger
just starting out on act 1, i thought this would be a good thread.
as alot of the MF items(soj,
Chance Guards
Goldwrap
), and some good ones like
The Oculus
and others probably, have lower ilvl than hell.
so how 'bout it? did you have great drops on nightmare/hell?

original post:
forgive my ignorance, but is finding the lowest ilvl/qlvl items like
Gull
or
Nagelring
, means its better to get them to drop on lower levels such as normal nightmare?

or in general, say you want to farm something specific with ilvl, would you go and farm normal, or nightmare, since it has the chance to drop?

would
Gull
Nagelring
even drop on hell/nightmare?
Description by rikus

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Edit:
as i found my
Gull
Dagger
just starting out on act 1, i thought this would be a good thread.
as alot of the MF items(soj,
Chance Guards
Goldwrap
), and some good ones like
The Oculus
and others probably, have lower ilvl than hell.
so how 'bout it? did you have great drops on nightmare/hell?

original post:
forgive my ignorance, but is finding the lowest ilvl/qlvl items like
Gull
or
Nagelring
, means its better to get them to drop on lower levels such as normal nightmare?

or in general, say you want to farm something specific with ilvl, would you go and farm normal, or nightmare, since it has the chance to drop?

would
Gull
Nagelring
even drop on hell/nightmare?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Yes they can drop in hell. You are correct that they are more likely to drop in normal. The best way to get a
Gull
is to gamble with the correct level character and a few million gold.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Depends on your definition of "better" I suppose.

If you're after one specific item that can say drop in normal A2 or wherever and you don't care about anything but that item, then you're typically far better off looking for it at that difficulty/area, simply because all of the other, higher stuff can't drop there which in turn increases your odds of finding the thing you're after.

Doesn't matter whether that is going to normal for chipped gems or or for a specific unique like
Gull
. The Principle holds.
Using
Gull
as an example, the best drop odds (ignoring gambling) you can get on normal are around 1:1105. On nightmare, those odds already drop to 1:6774 best case. And on hell, they drop even further down to 1:8201 (P1, 0mf, but the Principle applies at any count/mf).

A similar use case is going to classic mode to find SoJs because you have less unique rings as "competition", making the relative odds of a unique ring being an SoJ better. Mind you, Nagel and Manald (the other two you have on classic) do still keep significantly higher odds than SoJs but from what I recall, the expansion odds for a unique ring to be an SoJ were around 1:59 while in classic they move up to 1:31 (though I may by now be a bit off on those numbers..just quoting from Memory here).

Regardless of whether you go to a lower difficulty/lower level though or you go back to classic, you do pay a price for improving your odds. Sure, you're bound to get more SoJs out of classic than out of expansion but at the same time, you won't find a single rune there. Or any exceptional or elite unique. Ever. So while you may be quicker to get that one thing you're after, you will also force yourself to find less or even nothing else that is even worth picking up in the process, depending on where you go for it.

Whether that cost is worth it to you is something only you can decide but I for one would generalize and say "probably not", seeing how all of that low stuff tends to be cheap as hell anyways.
The exception to that would obviously be if you play offline/SSF in which case you may well want to go backwards to get that one specific bit you're missing.
I would just farm countess for the cheap runes or pgems to buy it versus farming random mobs for the specific unique and hoping RNG saves you.

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
cheap as hell anyways.
sorry i forget to mention i'm ssf/single player

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
cheap as hell anyways.
sorry i forget to mention i'm ssf/single player
The exception to that would obviously be if you play offline/SSF in which case you may well want to go backwards to get that one specific bit you're missing.
Hence that :)

For SSF, I for one still wouldn't go back for a specific item unless it is the one thing left to get. If you have everything else then any
Ber
and the like you find is essentially worthless so you're not gaining anything by staying higher. But so long as it isn't the only thing left and you still want other runewords/higher uniques, you still keep those as an option by staying higher while accepting that that will lower the odds of that one particular other item.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
not sure i agree. if i want to get anny(which is BiS), i'd best farm nightmare with high mf p8, to get Soj, rather than hell.
and if you want MF gear, like
Chance Guards
, goldwatch, nagelrings, that would be the place too.

it all depends what you need.

edit:
I would even dare to say this needs a thread "the gg items i found on nightmare" :)

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Well, true. Maybe adapt my statement to "if you need more stuff from lower areas/need it more urgently than stuff from higher ones". :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...