Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   3988 views

Description

Wanted to confirm something or pick your brains a bit.

little back story real quick i have a lightning sorc and Im kinda hating it. the damage is all over the place. I have a
Nova
sorc on nonladder and i love(ed) it. Lightning and
Chain Lightning
just feel underpowered ATM because of the inconsistency . Admittedly I am missing a torch and I only have one skiller. But i have everything else. A.mesh, maras, vipermage, i even have
Shako
i can use, so Im missing about 5-8 plus to skills. Lightning is sitting at 5-14k with Crescent Moon and at 5-18k with Hoto.

So that brings me to this little maths. my griffons is -20 with facet. plus -35 from Crescent Moon. So -55. Im using Plague on an act 5 merc for -11 (1/5 of 56?) for a total of -66. sunder sets to 95. so 95-66 = +29 light res ?

lets see without Sunder. my base -55 plus merc proc of LR -56 = -111 light res? so for easy of maths lets say they are at +100 light res. they's be at 0 light res?

Which is better? Is my math right? waiting for Plague to proc can be slower but im using a mid armour in a Treachery and it procs quite a bit. so that uptime is deece. obviously not as good as
Conviction
. there is also the fact that some mobs will have more light res than 100. which the sunder charm sets to 95.

help me understand what im missing . Do I just need more plus to skills so that medium and low rolls still kill trash in one hit? should I still use sunder charm?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Wanted to confirm something or pick your brains a bit.

little back story real quick i have a lightning sorc and Im kinda hating it. the damage is all over the place. I have a
Nova
sorc on nonladder and i love(ed) it. Lightning and
Chain Lightning
just feel underpowered ATM because of the inconsistency . Admittedly I am missing a torch and I only have one skiller. But i have everything else. A.mesh, maras, vipermage, i even have
Shako
i can use, so Im missing about 5-8 plus to skills. Lightning is sitting at 5-14k with Crescent Moon and at 5-18k with Hoto.

So that brings me to this little maths. my griffons is -20 with facet. plus -35 from Crescent Moon. So -55. Im using Plague on an act 5 merc for -11 (1/5 of 56?) for a total of -66. sunder sets to 95. so 95-66 = +29 light res ?

lets see without Sunder. my base -55 plus merc proc of LR -56 = -111 light res? so for easy of maths lets say they are at +100 light res. they's be at 0 light res?

Which is better? Is my math right? waiting for Plague to proc can be slower but im using a mid armour in a Treachery and it procs quite a bit. so that uptime is deece. obviously not as good as
Conviction
. there is also the fact that some mobs will have more light res than 100. which the sunder charm sets to 95.

help me understand what im missing . Do I just need more plus to skills so that medium and low rolls still kill trash in one hit? should I still use sunder charm?
Without Sunder, the LR will work only at 1/5 to break the immunity monster.
So the calculation is: 100-11 (1/5 of 56) -55 = +34

Relax and have fun!
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
-5 from the sunder which sets to 95?
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
oh you are saying that even WITHOUT a sunder LR only works at 1/5th?

Ravoc 123

PC
If the monster was initially immune,
Lower Resist
will be reduced to 20% effectiveness, sunder charm or not.
nihilninja wrote: 1 year ago
oh you are saying that even WITHOUT a sunder LR only works at 1/5th?
Yes, for immune monster only
Conviction
and
Lower Resist
can break the immunity.
And they only work at 1/5 of their total strength.

Amplify Damage
and
Decrepify
do the same but for physical resist so it is another story.

Relax and have fun!
OP
actually did'nt know that.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...