Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   34850 views

Yes, it IS possible to drop x2 of same unique item in same game (see details).

No data yet

Description

TL;DR version, you have to leave the game and then rejoin. Full story below.

So today I was running hell countess runs solo on S2 Ladder on my 72 mageZon, and on my way down the levels (around level 3 or so), I dropped a unique
Chu-Ko-Nu
(
Demon Machine
) from some random mobs. I thought, cool, so I picked it up and towned, put it in my stash, and went about continuing my run. I finished the run, and then after slaying countess, I towned to put the loot away in my stash (some useful low runes and White runeword bases). Because I run an archer zon, I carry spare
Arrows
/
Bolts
in the cube, and I dropped them all at level 5 to make room for the loot when towning. Once I stepped back into the TP, I got lag-disconnected from my game. I relogged and rejoined my game after getting d/c'd, and then made my way back down to level 5 to retrieve my
Arrows
and some White items I left behind. On the way down the tower levels, I killed some mobs on the way, and they dropped another unique
Chu-Ko-Nu
, aka
Demon Machine
(on level 2 or so). Perturbed, I picked it up. This has never happened to me before, getting the same unique item in the same game (albeit with d/c) in all my time in D2R and D2lod legacy. Thoughts or comments?

Well, now I got two DMs for sale for pgems... lol

Can be used to make Runewords:

TL;DR version, you have to leave the game and then rejoin. Full story below.

So today I was running hell countess runs solo on S2 Ladder on my 72 mageZon, and on my way down the levels (around level 3 or so), I dropped a unique
Chu-Ko-Nu
(
Demon Machine
) from some random mobs. I thought, cool, so I picked it up and towned, put it in my stash, and went about continuing my run. I finished the run, and then after slaying countess, I towned to put the loot away in my stash (some useful low runes and White runeword bases). Because I run an archer zon, I carry spare
Arrows
/
Bolts
in the cube, and I dropped them all at level 5 to make room for the loot when towning. Once I stepped back into the TP, I got lag-disconnected from my game. I relogged and rejoined my game after getting d/c'd, and then made my way back down to level 5 to retrieve my
Arrows
and some White items I left behind. On the way down the tower levels, I killed some mobs on the way, and they dropped another unique
Chu-Ko-Nu
, aka
Demon Machine
(on level 2 or so). Perturbed, I picked it up. This has never happened to me before, getting the same unique item in the same game (albeit with d/c) in all my time in D2R and D2lod legacy. Thoughts or comments?

Indeed strangee.

I've always been in the understanding that uniques cannot spawn more than once in the same game.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
duping confirmed :P
Double the
Charsi
food 😋

ALL trades are available on PS, or Switch (PS preferred). I'm usually quick to respond. Make me an offer; let's make a deal. Help me help you help me. I keep odd hours. Let's trade right now! Want to?
Is that supposed to be limited to Uniques? Because I once even found the same set item on a single drop.

PC | Non-Ladder | Softcore | CET/CEST (UTC+1/2)
Set items are not limited per game.

Uniques should be unique per game... But maybe there was a rollback when crashing the game?

I think that is because the game is running on your local machine. I don't think every drop is generated by a BattleNet Server. That would be too much traffic on the network

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"
ToX-I-qUc wrote: 1 year ago
Set items are not limited per game.

Uniques should be unique per game... But maybe there was a rollback when crashing the game?

I think that is because the game is running on your local machine. I don't think every drop is generated by a BattleNet Server. That would be too much traffic on the network
Ah ok, didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification :)

PC | Non-Ladder | Softcore | CET/CEST (UTC+1/2)

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
halflife wrote: 1 year ago
lmao

Is the 'uniques can only drop once in a game' rule confirmed anywhere, like on amazonbasin maybe?

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
swedgin wrote: 1 year ago
Is that supposed to be limited to Uniques? Because I once even found the same set item on a single drop.
Yes, uniques only. Set items doesn't have this "rule".

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
The "unique only" rule has been confirmed multiple times in the past and has itself gone through multiple iterations (from "can only exist once" to "can only drop once").

Exceptions existed via double-drops off the same kill but beyond that, it shouldn't be a thing.

That having been said, there's two things that come to mind here..

1) They may have adjusted that limitation for the sake of sunder charms so you can drop multiple (of the same type) in the same game.

2) We know that 0-player games are a bit special and behave differently from other games in some ways. It may be that your crashing turned it into a 0-player game which reset the unique counter, allowing you to re-drop it after rejoining.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
The "unique only" rule has been confirmed multiple times in the past and has itself gone through multiple iterations (from "can only exist once" to "can only drop once").

Exceptions existed via double-drops off the same kill but beyond that, it shouldn't be a thing.

1) They may have adjusted that limitation for the sake of sunder charms so you can drop multiple (of the same type) in the same game.

2) We know that 0-player games are a bit special and behave differently from other games in some ways. It may be that your crashing turned it into a 0-player game which reset the unique counter, allowing you to re-drop it after rejoining.
So what happened in my case was that when I got lag disconnected, I could not rejoin the game right away due to the "Player is already in game" error when I pushed back out to lobby. Because of that, I had to exit D2R and re-launch the game and then I was able to rejoin the game. Maybe that contributed to resetting the unique drop.
halflife wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

So what happened in my case was that when I got lag disconnected, I could not rejoin the game right away due to the "Player is already in game" error when I pushed back out to lobby. Because of that, I had to exit D2R and re-launch the game and then I was able to rejoin the game. Maybe that contributed to resetting the unique drop.
I haven't been playing d2 for long, longtime d3 player, but is this a way to narrow specific drops? Let's say, running 300% mf through hell, if I get a few unique rings, does my soj drop rate increase? I need, I need, gimme gimme gimme 😋. I usually just start a new game after my limited runs.

ALL trades are available on PS, or Switch (PS preferred). I'm usually quick to respond. Make me an offer; let's make a deal. Help me help you help me. I keep odd hours. Let's trade right now! Want to?

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Yes it does. But good luck finding enough rings in the same game to make that a significant gain. It typically doesn't outweigh the fact that to find that many in the same game, you have to spend way too much time on clearing less than ideal zones.

Before uniques were changed to "1 drop per game", they were actually "no drop if it exists". With that mechanic, you really could reliably force SoJs because you just made sure to carry every other ring into the game with you, forcing the first unique ring that dropped to be an Soj because all other unique rings already existed.

But yeah, now..you do need to find quite a few rings to force one. :)

Though with today's mechanic, a number of folks tend to stay in game if they see a
Templar's Might
drop because with that gone, the next unique sacred in a valid zone will have to be
Tyrael
's. So in that case, staying in the game and clearing all areas high enough to be able to drop a
Tyrael
's has paid off for a few people.
True dat. Rng for sure, but I had a recent game where I found
Nagelring
, Manald, and
Nature's Peace
. I might should have stayed in the hunt? Soj is elusive.

If 2 unique rings drop in the same map, you can never get 2 of the same even with variables. If you find a Nagel or Manald, the other to ID will not give you another Nagel or Manald.

There's a YT vid some where that shows a live stream just recently , tagged D2R.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...