Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   19381 views

They said you need life...they said you need resistances...

No data yet

Description

I say all you need is a sunder charm!
Honestly, this is quite possibly the most fun I've had with ubers in a long, long time. Say what you will about sunders..and I am certainly still not entirely in favor of them..but the mere fact that they open up entire builds that weren't viable before, and even more so allow those builds access to areas that they're just even worse for..is awesome.

A stark contrast to all of my other builds with their capped resistances. An equally stark contrast to smiters with their 2k+ life or still 1.5k+ even in budget gear. But it works. Not when zerging mindlessly (sup pally!), it does take a bit of strategizing and skill for a change..but that just makes it even better!
And apparently, effort gets rewarded...3 torches farmed: sorc, sorc and pally. Can't complain about that.

Admittedly, the first attempt kiiiind of failed (got 5/6,
Baal
was a brick wall) but as it turns out..that's just because I was an idiot and accidentally created my uber game cross-ocean, only to then keep getting
Baal
-1shot in
Teleport
lag. (Thanks again for eventually helping me not lose that one Torty ^^)

It has me curious though..apart from my no-respec uber sorc, what unthinkable builds/activities have you come up with, now that things became a lot more 'accessible'?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
I say all you need is a sunder charm!
Honestly, this is quite possibly the most fun I've had with ubers in a long, long time. Say what you will about sunders..and I am certainly still not entirely in favor of them..but the mere fact that they open up entire builds that weren't viable before, and even more so allow those builds access to areas that they're just even worse for..is awesome.

A stark contrast to all of my other builds with their capped resistances. An equally stark contrast to smiters with their 2k+ life or still 1.5k+ even in budget gear. But it works. Not when zerging mindlessly (sup pally!), it does take a bit of strategizing and skill for a change..but that just makes it even better!
And apparently, effort gets rewarded...3 torches farmed: sorc, sorc and pally. Can't complain about that.

Admittedly, the first attempt kiiiind of failed (got 5/6,
Baal
was a brick wall) but as it turns out..that's just because I was an idiot and accidentally created my uber game cross-ocean, only to then keep getting
Baal
-1shot in
Teleport
lag. (Thanks again for eventually helping me not lose that one Torty ^^)

It has me curious though..apart from my no-respec uber sorc, what unthinkable builds/activities have you come up with, now that things became a lot more 'accessible'?
What build did you use?

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Seemed
Frost Nova
also became very usable, in addition to Blizzard.

But needs more tankiness as you tp in the middle of packs.

Do you have
Energy Shield
? And what level are you ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Full fire + ES, 91 atm. Never meant to actually lvl her that high (couldn't care less about ladder itself after all) but turns out you get quite a bit of xp trying to farm sunders.

Side note:
Frost Nova
has always been usable. :) Albeit a fair bit less dmg than light
Nova
Jesus, good job bud!

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
Ok so the one and only and last thing stupid sorcs still had a bit of problem doing is now totally doable with sunder charms. Build a sorc, get a sunder charm and forget about challenge. Let's just change the game name into "Stupid Sorceress 2 Resurrected"

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
While that isn't necessarily wrong, the same is true for most classes so...yeah.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
While that isn't necessarily wrong, the same is true for most classes so...yeah.
See my avatar? Try to affirm that blizzard turned d2r into a clicking whack-a-mole game for him without laughing.

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Well, there is a significant difference between "clicking whack-a-mole" and "totally doable".

After all, I can't think of a single thing my druid can't do, including ubers.

Though I won't dare pretend all classes are equal. They all can do it but some are obviously far easier and/or faster to do certain things with.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
See my avatar?
Yeah he looks glum, probably because he's a D2R druid :P

I think we have this avatar selectable in the gallery if you want lol:
Nice write up Schnorki. I'm guessing you can go glass cannon and
Teleport
around them with max damage after sunders?

OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
What a purdy smile.. :D

Yes and no. From how I went about it, seems the best approach for meph is to basically lure him into a trap. Dia can more or less be zerged down if he doesn't immediately go nuts with adds.
Baal
though...ugh,
Baal
is annoying AF. If he summons his clone, he instantly wins thanks to said clone immediately dropping that damn mana curse. You can hardly kite him because he starts jumping all over, avoiding pretty much all dmg in the process. And as a sorc, his dmg is actually surprisingly high. So he ideally needs to be moved into just the right spot where you can tele-kite him back and forth along the exact same path that keeps him in the damage zone.
Ok so the one and only and last thing stupid sorcs still had a bit of problem doing is now totally doable with sunder charms. Build a sorc, get a sunder charm and forget about challenge. Let's just change the game name into "Stupid Sorceress 2 Resurrected"
Having not used a sunder charm on a sorc yet take what I say with a grain of salt.

I can imagine being able to do users with a sorc + sunder is far from easy. There would be a lot of kiting, attacking fast and getting out of
Dodge
. And Blood mana will kill you in a hurry. I believe a fire druid could do it, albeit a lot harder without tele, but an Enigma would solve that 😉

If you want a class that puts the game on easy mode play a paladin lol.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
Well, there is a significant difference between "clicking whack-a-mole" and "totally doable".

Though I won't dare pretend all classes are equal. They all can do it but some are obviously far easier and/or faster to do certain things with.
Give your druid 600 life points and -40 elemental res and go in
Uber Tristram
, then you tell me about what he can or can t do

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC

Give your druid 600 life points and -40 elemental res and go in
Uber Tristram
, then you tell me about what he can or can t do
I think i should take a workshop/masterclass with you about how to get good in d2r.
it seems like this is peanuts for you. anyhow, i feel ya. why don't you use the option/not to use TZ?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
it seems you misunderstood me, i didn't mean to be arrogant, it is just that the most surprising thing here is that a sorc can run ubers with very low life and res, so the druid should be tested under the same conditions to be compared

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
that a sorc can run ubers with very low life and res
i will look that up. perhaps she doesn't get close to get hit. i'm not there yet to even answer this :(

OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
The same conditions aren't based on exact stats though. Different classes have different stat needs, different skills and entirely different playstyles. I mean..if you give a pally 600 life and no res, even he couldn't really do ubers anymore.

A sorc could get by with -100 res across the board IF she pushes
Energy Shield
high enough and gears for accordingly high mana. Though at some point you give up too much damage and/or FCR, making you fail for other reasons. Depending on what you're after, that viable middle Ground is no easier to hit than fully gearing other classes and builds.

A druid wouldn't do that because they're more life based and tend to get a ton of res from their normal/preferred gear anyways (depending on the build).

That having been said though, druid might be a bad example there because druids are probably the one class (excluding cheesy merc builds) that actually could successfully clear ubers at 1 life and -100 res, if you could even get that low.
The reason I'm saying that is because I've run ubers multiple times on my summoner druid and in that build, you can literally just sit back at the Edge of the screen, take 0 damage from anything the entire fight and just re-summon your pets as needed until the uber is down. It certainly does take a while as a druid since their boss killing speed is nowhere near this particular build (or smiters and the like) but at the same time, it is the safest and least dangerous ubers I've ever done.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
by god, this makes me very terrified after i get my 3to3 set...

it seems you misunderstood me, i didn't mean to be arrogant, it is just that the most surprising thing here is that a sorc can run ubers with very low life and res, so the druid should be tested under the same conditions to be compared
Well, that particular Sorceress uses
Energy Shield
, so her life pool isn't THAT important in this case.

She also has
Teleport
, which helps her survive much more easily.

Why would you want to compare different classes under the same conditions? Obviously, they will not perform equally as good. Everyone knows that the Sorceress and the Paladin are the two best / most versatile classes in the game, so what? If you like the Druid, play with one, challenge yourself, find ways to do the Ubers and have fun while at it.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation