Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   4313 views

Description

My merc has a Fortitude, andy vis and Infinity. Want to put a fire res/ IAS jewel in the andy vis. What is the minimum fire resist I need to hit the max 75% in Hell? According to maxroll.gg, I only need 16 fire res on the jewel. Can anyone confirm?

Is there any benefit to going higher fire res/IAS jewel? The highly sought after +30 fire res/ +15 IAS is crazy expensive and don’t see any added benefit if a 16 fire res one gets me to the max 75%.

Can be used to make Runewords:

My merc has a Fortitude, andy vis and Infinity. Want to put a fire res/ IAS jewel in the andy vis. What is the minimum fire resist I need to hit the max 75% in Hell? According to maxroll.gg, I only need 16 fire res on the jewel. Can anyone confirm?

Is there any benefit to going higher fire res/IAS jewel? The highly sought after +30 fire res/ +15 IAS is crazy expensive and don’t see any added benefit if a 16 fire res one gets me to the max 75%.

Open to P Ame,
Sol
or
Ral
substitutions

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
A 98 A2 merc ends up with 165 res total.
(Used to be 162 for nm mercs but since the change to make them all equivalent to normal-hired mercs, they apparently all get to 165 - just double-checked on my SP might merc)

That means that in order to achieve 75 fire res on hell, he needs 10 extra res added.

Infinity = 0
Fortitude = 30
Andi = -30

Andi and fort cancel out, Infinity doesn't matter so as a result, you need at least 10 fire res on your jewel (all other res get capped via fort alone as andi only reduces fire). More if your merc is still lower lvl.
Or you're a Flickering Flame user, then he's fine as is. :P

The benefit of going higher than 75 is that you give him a bit of a buffer to counteract possible mob effects that reduce his resist again. Specifically, that's
Lower Resist
and
Conviction

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Depends on how Fortitude rolled actually, as it can be between 25 to 30 all res.

If 25, add 5 more to Schnorki's calculation.

It also depends on how far you want to level. Check the tables if you want to stop at, say, 90 or 95.

Overall, something around 20 should be enough, but are quite expensive already. :)

What base do you use btw for Infinity ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
If 25, reroll it ;P

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
If 25, reroll it ;P
I think that means that Schnorki provides the
Lo
rune for free for every 25 roll Fortitude, right ? :D
Not that I need it myself, I rolled 30 on mine (and max life, me = lucky bastard on that one ^^)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Only if I rolled it myself. :P
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
A 98 A2 merc ends up with 165 res total.
(Used to be 162 for nm mercs but since the change to make them all equivalent to normal-hired mercs, they apparently all get to 165 - just double-checked on my SP might merc)

That means that in order to achieve 75 fire res on hell, he needs 10 extra res added.

Infinity = 0
Fortitude = 30
Andi = -30

Andi and fort cancel out, Infinity doesn't matter so as a result, you need at least 10 fire res on your jewel (all other res get capped via fort alone as andi only reduces fire). More if your merc is still lower lvl.
Or you're a Flickering Flame user, then he's fine as is. :P

The benefit of going higher than 75 is that you give him a bit of a buffer to counteract possible mob effects that reduce his resist again. Specifically, that's
Lower Resist
and
Conviction
Really helpful, thanks. Do you happen to know which locations you're likely to encounter mobs with
Lower Resist
or
Conviction
, or if there is a place to look that up? Trying to get a sense for how common this is in Hell mode.

Open to P Ame,
Sol
or
Ral
substitutions

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Lower Resist
is, as far as I remember, only sent by Oblivion knights, so
Chaos Sanctuary
, hell pits in a5, World Stone Keep...

As for
Conviction
, apart from Über Meph that always has it, it only spawns on some uniques randomly. One of the most annoying places for that is
Travincal
when it happens, as the hydras with
Conviction
tend to obliterate your merc - if not you.

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...