Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
85 replies   24873 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

You are right, I acted unconsciously and I fully understand that it was a tantrum, it happened and I can't do anything, on the other hand, I am a very grateful person to this site and its community, I hope to learn from it ;D, thanks!

I only accept public offers in trade post . Don't PM me with offers please. Thank you.

I play both PC and Nintendo Switch.
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
30 p amethysts for 3 mals = three trades of 10 p amethyts for 1 mal. Not trying to victim-blame anyone, just a note that an honest trader will suggest an exchange process that uses the trade dialogue, even for bulk trades.
That is kind of a broad statement. I am an honest trader, and sometimes i have suggested drop trades because i don't feel like putting 40 PGems into the trade box by dragging them one by one. It is not inherently scummy to suggest that. I just do so knowing that i have a greater risk of being swindled if i trade that way. It is a buyer beware situation.

All Prices Negotiable :-)

Schnorki 3187Moderator

PC
30 p amethysts for 3 mals = three trades of 10 p amethyts for 1 mal. Not trying to victim-blame anyone, just a note that an honest trader will suggest an exchange process that uses the trade dialogue, even for bulk trades.
I wouldn't be sure of that.

Back when I was still buying runeword reroll packs by the truckload, I had tons of people go "you ok if I just drop them?", rather than pull 40 runes into the trade window one by one. That's not inherently a matter of "YEAH I'LL SCAM YOU!" but more a matter of "WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU CTRL CLICK THEM INTO THE TRADE WINDOW?!?". Item for item, sure. But if you're dealing with 20+ items at a time that all need to be dragged over individually, dropping them to the Ground is just soooo much easier. Though yeah, it does obviously open you up to being ripped off if you're the one dropping them to the floor.
That's fair both, I guess what I'm saying is, a seller you can trust won't start with, "OK now drop all your stuff on the Ground." If it's a mutual agreement for convenience, sure.

I'll say it differently: If I were a buyer, and the seller started by telling me to drop stuff--even for bulk--I'd [edit]probably[/edit] decline to trade.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
I wouldn't be sure of that.

Back when I was still buying runeword reroll packs by the truckload, I had tons of people go "you ok if I just drop them?", rather than pull 40 runes into the trade window one by one. That's not inherently a matter of "YEAH I'LL SCAM YOU!" but more a matter of "WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU CTRL CLICK THEM INTO THE TRADE WINDOW?!?". Item for item, sure. But if you're dealing with 20+ items at a time that all need to be dragged over individually, dropping them to the Ground is just soooo much easier. Though yeah, it does obviously open you up to being ripped off if you're the one dropping them to the floor.
I've done the "drop to the Ground" method for trading with several people here. I honestly just based it on a simple thing: look at that player's trust. If they're sitting at 50-60+ trust, they've been here for a while, and likely are trustworthy (NEVER will I say this is a 100% fool proof thought, but I've never done it with anything other than bulk low end stuff).
VolitionSin wrote: 1 year ago

I've done the "drop to the Ground" method for trading with several people here. I honestly just based it on a simple thing: look at that player's trust. If they're sitting at 50-60+ trust, they've been here for a while, and likely are trustworthy (NEVER will I say this is a 100% fool proof thought, but I've never done it with anything other than bulk low end stuff).
Same. Usually for trades like 40xPamethyst or something like that cause I'm too lazy to click and drag every single one of them. I've done enough trading to where I frequently trade with the same people for the same item as well.

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I am doing a bit of necromancy, but I just had my first experience of attempted scam. Failed fortunately.

I have a game opened to sell an Anni - yeah, season ends - for SoJ - worth trying. The guy shows a SoJ, I grab Anni, he puts
Raven Frost

Funnily enough, the same guy came several times in my previous annis selling games. Never talks. not even trades. Weird stuff, but still exists.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Ravoc 123

PC
Char name means little. You wanna get the bnet id with /whois

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Not sure how this works, but I guess with chat disabled, well...

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus

Schnorki 3187Moderator

PC
Fitting char name I guess.

Just for the sake of information:
You can either get the account via /whois while he's still in the game or you can look at your list of 'recently played with' if he's already gone. Or /who the char name in/shortly after the game.

That having been said, don't post the account here. Not to protect him (f him and any other scammer) but because calling people out directly in general isn't desired here as Teebs has noted a few times in related post. (Especially without proof)

All that having been said..the
Raven
is a bit generous, usually they just replace the SoJ with a random crap magic ring. ^^

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Haha, thanks for the info @schnorki.

Well, as chat was bugged /whois did not work neither, nor the previous players.

Anyway, if you find a character (not a player, so no proof) named [deleted], at least be prudent guys. ^^

Annihilus

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
The thing was so bugged that I could not even see previous guys ! Thanks for the info. Not worth my time :)

Annihilus
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
I am doing a bit of necromancy, but I just had my first experience of attempted scam. Failed fortunately.

I have a game opened to sell an Anni - yeah, season ends - for SoJ - worth trying. The guy shows a SoJ, I grab Anni, he puts
Raven Frost

Funnily enough, the same guy came several times in my previous annis selling games. Never talks. not even trades. Weird stuff, but still exists. The char name is [deleted], so take care if you see him.
Same thing happened to me the other day, although I was looking for
Ohm
but he/she then made a SoJ offer. But as @Schnorki said, the f scammer tried it (and failed) with a cheap ass magic ring.

PC | Non-Ladder | Softcore | CET/CEST (UTC+1/2)
Great post, the age old switcharoo scam still nabs a few ppl now and then, and good to know the other methods that are attempted as well.
Pretty sure I just traded with a bot. From this site. With high trust.

Wouldn't call that a scam necessarily, but not sure how I feel about it. I squelched them.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I guess you can't provide too many details, but how do you know it would be a bot ?

Annihilus
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
I guess you can't provide too many details, but how do you know it would be a bot ?
Once the trade completed, user spammed chat with about 30 messages in a second, different forms of "thank you" and "please leave my game now." Plus movement, responsiveness to bnet chat, and the fact that the trading char name (not bnet tag) was basically a short version of "this is my bot character."

Nearly 200 trust on d2io, that person had (has).

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Weird indeed. Perhaps should you warn Teebling

Annihilus
Wasn't a scam, though, the trade completed accurately. And I may have misinterpreted some stuff. It was just too much for me personally; only posting here in case others have similar encounters/reservations.

I got scammed twice, even though got warned by friends how to trade, and read thoroughly this guide.
First was 30 pams for a SOJ, when I checked the box, saw the ring was swapped...
Second was a big loss, I was looking to swap my Infinity for an Enigma. Saw the item in the trade box. The person clicked first, I verified the Enigma is still there, then clicked. trade window disappeared in an instant. then the person told me I was out of room (I should have been alarmed at this point). Then I just clicked too early in the next trade window and ended up with a blue
Light Plate
, my Infinity gone.
I have reported the person but doubt there's gonna be any consequences, as I have clicked the box, trade complete, done.
Stay safe, be vigilant.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation