Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   3701 views

Description

I have a FohDin who has Hammers as a backup to deal with non-demon and undead, so his hammers aren't maxed out at all.

Holy Bolt
's sheet damage is 7238 - 8239 (7738 average).
Hammer's sheet damage is 7784 - 7841 (7812 average) with
Concentration
active (+345%) and 2862 - 2883 (2872 average) without.
P1 Hell Diablo has 113,812 HP and 0% Magic Res.

This is a difference of about 74.5 average damage, which is ~1% relative to Holy Bolt. Based on Diablo's HP, Holy Bolts should kill him in 14-16 hits (14.7 on average), and Hammers should kill in 14-15 hits (14.5 on average). From testing, I do see that it takes generally 15 Holy Bolts to kill. However, the curiosity is that it only takes 10 Hammers. So either my 7.8K Hammers are actually doing ~11.3K or Diablo has about around -45% resistance to Hammers. I do see that Hammers do +50% damage to Undead, but as I understand that damage percent is additive to the bonus from Concentration and Diablo is not Undead. I disarmed my merc (A1) to reduce her contribution to DPS, but the numbers didn't change.

What's happening here? Is there something special about Hammers I'm not aware of?
Description by gunroar

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have a FohDin who has Hammers as a backup to deal with non-demon and undead, so his hammers aren't maxed out at all.

Holy Bolt
's sheet damage is 7238 - 8239 (7738 average).
Hammer's sheet damage is 7784 - 7841 (7812 average) with
Concentration
active (+345%) and 2862 - 2883 (2872 average) without.
P1 Hell Diablo has 113,812 HP and 0% Magic Res.

This is a difference of about 74.5 average damage, which is ~1% relative to Holy Bolt. Based on Diablo's HP, Holy Bolts should kill him in 14-16 hits (14.7 on average), and Hammers should kill in 14-15 hits (14.5 on average). From testing, I do see that it takes generally 15 Holy Bolts to kill. However, the curiosity is that it only takes 10 Hammers. So either my 7.8K Hammers are actually doing ~11.3K or Diablo has about around -45% resistance to Hammers. I do see that Hammers do +50% damage to Undead, but as I understand that damage percent is additive to the bonus from Concentration and Diablo is not Undead. I disarmed my merc (A1) to reduce her contribution to DPS, but the numbers didn't change.

What's happening here? Is there something special about Hammers I'm not aware of?

Please make all offers on the listing page

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Diablo doesn't have any magic resistance, so maybe some Hammers hit him twice?
OP
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago
Diablo doesn't have any magic resistance, so maybe some Hammers hit him twice?
I wasn't able to get him to be hit by the same hammer twice. However, apparently according to Amazon Basin, Undead AND Demons take +50% damage from hammers and this bonus is straight up multiplicative and not additive... so yes, in fact, my hammers were doing 11.3K and not 7.8K.

LMAO.

Please make all offers on the listing page

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...