Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   1595 views

Description

I just started playing about 2 months ago, so I'm relatively "poor" in terms of HRs (as in, the highest I have is an
Ohm
after ignorantly trading a few
Sur
's for
Lo
's to make 1 Grief and 1 Fortitude, which are the "best" items I have) and would of course very much love to be making various other runewords to try different builds and characters.

I was fortunate enough to build a budget smiter who can kill DClone and stayed on top of all the recent walks. I'm aware that the market for these unid'd has now tanked (bad timing for me), but I've managed to get 16 Annis from walks over the past ~2 weeks.

My question:
Should I sell all 16 unid'd for the current market value of
Vex
each or ID them all and gamble that I may get 1+ which are worth far(?) more?

I'd usually avoid gambling, but the chance to get some HRs without grinding for many hundreds more hours is quite attractive - it's already been grueling and I don't have a pit zerker or trav runner quite yet. Knowing the value of an ID'd Anni given its stats is also pretty unknown for me as I'm still new to the "high end market" part of the game. Every one I have ID'd so far has also been not very good - I equipped them on my characters as essentially better than nothing. Maybe now with
Terror
Zones more HR's can drop in them, so a pit zerker / trav runner isn't as necessary. I don't know the answer to that either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially since not many Anni's have sold here recently. I feel like my options are:
1. Trade them for the
Vex
's and end up with a tradeable value of 1 HR (as far as I understand the value) OR cube the
Vex
's up to 1
Ber

2. ID them all and potentially end up with far less than 1 HR / 1 guaranteed
Ber

3. ID them all and enter uncharted territory trying to sell them, but possibly be able to get the HR's I'm after

Maybe this is the eternal question of risk in gambling, but I'd appreciate anyone more experienced willing to give advice about my situation. I'm not really after a certain runeword, so just looking for general advice.

Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

I just started playing about 2 months ago, so I'm relatively "poor" in terms of HRs (as in, the highest I have is an
Ohm
after ignorantly trading a few
Sur
's for
Lo
's to make 1 Grief and 1 Fortitude, which are the "best" items I have) and would of course very much love to be making various other runewords to try different builds and characters.

I was fortunate enough to build a budget smiter who can kill DClone and stayed on top of all the recent walks. I'm aware that the market for these unid'd has now tanked (bad timing for me), but I've managed to get 16 Annis from walks over the past ~2 weeks.

My question:
Should I sell all 16 unid'd for the current market value of
Vex
each or ID them all and gamble that I may get 1+ which are worth far(?) more?

I'd usually avoid gambling, but the chance to get some HRs without grinding for many hundreds more hours is quite attractive - it's already been grueling and I don't have a pit zerker or trav runner quite yet. Knowing the value of an ID'd Anni given its stats is also pretty unknown for me as I'm still new to the "high end market" part of the game. Every one I have ID'd so far has also been not very good - I equipped them on my characters as essentially better than nothing. Maybe now with
Terror
Zones more HR's can drop in them, so a pit zerker / trav runner isn't as necessary. I don't know the answer to that either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially since not many Anni's have sold here recently. I feel like my options are:
1. Trade them for the
Vex
's and end up with a tradeable value of 1 HR (as far as I understand the value) OR cube the
Vex
's up to 1
Ber

2. ID them all and potentially end up with far less than 1 HR / 1 guaranteed
Ber

3. ID them all and enter uncharted territory trying to sell them, but possibly be able to get the HR's I'm after

Maybe this is the eternal question of risk in gambling, but I'd appreciate anyone more experienced willing to give advice about my situation. I'm not really after a certain runeword, so just looking for general advice.

Thanks!

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
I am not an expert on this topic but I am wondering where you got the price of a
Vex
for inid Anni's from on NL ? I managed to sell in the last couple of days in total 3 Unid Annis on NL and each was sold for a
Lo
rune. Hint: all were sold in public games and not via this forum.
I go for unid from now on. I got like 40 annis and I'm bothered that I need to check for the runes.

selling my annis unid now for 1
Lo
each. if you're lucky you get one that's worth more and if not then not. don't care :)

Lol, I've sold a total of 8 unid Annies during this week, 6 for a
Sur
and 2 for a
Lo
. I'd never sell them for anything less than a
Lo
, really, I'd rather Id them and gamble with the stats :)

As Beltzer said, public games are the way to go ;)
hehe

Tetra 178

Paladin Europe PC
undertow wrote: 1 year ago
1. Trade them for the
Vex
Vex
's up to 1
Ber
Vex
is the lowest I have seen after the 4 walks yesterday, I do not advice to sell that cheap if you want to sell unid.
I recommend as the others said: Find others plateforms and maximises your chances to grab a good buyer, prices are the lowest here on D2IO.
While cubing
Vex
into
Ohm
and
Ohm
into
Lo
is -although not the best- OK at current market value,
Lo
into
Sur
is a big loss.

Necrarch 1494Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Additional question: how would you sell IDed Annis ?
Same, public games ?
I suppose I should drop my stock before Oct 7

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I guess so, if you are looking for the best bargain. Otherwise, you know, the usual forums.
I'd sell them all before ladder ends. I've been trying to liquidate mine.

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm

Necrarch 1494Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
OK, thanks for the info guys.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
It boils down to what you want/need.

If you're after safe "average" quick income then selling UNID is typically the way to go as you know exactly what you get, don't have a risk of getting significantly less but also don't get to gamble for significantly more.

IDing them allows you to find 20/20/10s to keep for yourself though and on average (average..given high enough numbers), it does net you more in profit all in all. Otherwise buying UNID would make precious little sense for folks going after the gamble. UNID prices tend to land somewhere slightly below the total average ID selling pricing. At the same time, selling ID obviously comes with a lot of risk in that they could all turn out crap, dropping your profit by a significant amount and it does tend to make selling them a lot more complicated as ID ones just sell much slower and come with inherent pricing discussions.

Personally, I ID all of them but that's really just because I'm still keeping 20/20/10 myself and because I don't need any runes or the like anymore so losing value/not selling/selling slower isn't an issue for me. If I only wanted to make a profit to gear up chars, I'd definitely sell UNID and have a much easier time.

Do note though that for ID ones, you pretty much have to sell in-game. Selling them here either takes forever or yields far (FAR) below in-game value. I guess that's why I currently have 136 of them left up for sale. :D
OP
Beltzer wrote: 1 year ago
I am not an expert on this topic but I am wondering where you got the price of a
Vex
for inid Anni's from on NL ? I managed to sell in the last couple of days in total 3 Unid Annis on NL and each was sold for a
Lo
rune. Hint: all were sold in public games and not via this forum.
Thanks - I'll try that. Here and on Discord (since all the recent walks), people are buying them for only
Vex
each. Maybe I'll get lucky and some rich people will roll into my game.

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Thank you! You provide great insight as always :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...